I'd like to purchase tickes from Nice Ville to Arles from the SNCF website, departing Nice at 16h34 on July 9, 2013 and arriving in Arles at 20h39, 57 euro for 2 tickets.
The only ticketting options they give me for purchasing online is Borne Libre Service - from what I understand is an automatic machine at the train station I would use with my credit card and confirmation number to pick up the tickets OR I can have free delivery (Not an option as I live in Canada).
I'm hesitant, because I'm not sure if my credit card will work in these kiosks (a canadian visa with a chip and 4 digit pin). I checked on seat61, and it doesn't specifically answer this question (perhaps I skimmed too quickly?).
Does anyone have experience with using foreign credit cards in the sncf machines at the train stations to pick up tickets??
I'd like to book these tickets asap, as one leg is a tgv prem, and I want to grab them before prices go up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 2 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 Barcelona cooking classes
- 5 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 6 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 7 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 12 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 13 4 days itinerary for France
- 14 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 19 vienna
- 20 Questions about Polish sights
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 Bernina Express mid-March
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Italy
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages