I'd like to purchase tickes from Nice Ville to Arles from the SNCF website, departing Nice at 16h34 on July 9, 2013 and arriving in Arles at 20h39, 57 euro for 2 tickets.
The only ticketting options they give me for purchasing online is Borne Libre Service - from what I understand is an automatic machine at the train station I would use with my credit card and confirmation number to pick up the tickets OR I can have free delivery (Not an option as I live in Canada).
I'm hesitant, because I'm not sure if my credit card will work in these kiosks (a canadian visa with a chip and 4 digit pin). I checked on seat61, and it doesn't specifically answer this question (perhaps I skimmed too quickly?).
Does anyone have experience with using foreign credit cards in the sncf machines at the train stations to pick up tickets??
I'd like to book these tickets asap, as one leg is a tgv prem, and I want to grab them before prices go up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holland/France/Spain
- 2 Scotland Trip
- 3 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 4 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 5 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 6 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 7 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 8 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 9 Montenegro in September
- 10 3 week stay in Scotland
- 11 Paris, France
- 12 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 13 sfo to europe
- 14 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 15 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 16 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 17 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 18 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 19 What one thing in Paris?
- 20 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 21 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 22 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 23 Rue des Rosiers
- 24 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 25 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise