I've just read some very interesting trip reports and am now super excited for my next trip in September. What we want? Wine, wine, good food, wine, great scenery, some mountain hiking followed by more wine.
We found plane tickets to and from Nice at an excellent price, so here is our plan for now, and some questions.
Sept. 3-4-5-6 in Nice
Rent a car
Sept. 7-8-9-10-11 in the Langhe/Piedmont wine country (I found a lovely house in Rodello near Alba, right in the vineyards)
Sept. 12-13-14-15-16 Aoste region, hiking in the Alps
Sept. 17-18-19-20 Torino
Sept. 21 Return car in Nice (hotel near airport)
And now the questions:
1) We chose to come and go from Nice because the fare is good, but most of all because the car rental prices are incredibly high for a pick-up in Nice and a return in Turin. Am I missing something? Or should we take the train to Turin and rent a car from there?
2) We don't like to rush when we are on a trip. Is our allocation of days OK?
3) Should we substract days from other areas add one of the lakes to the mix (Orta, Maggiore or?)
Thanks for your precious input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 2 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 3 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 4 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 5 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 6 Oslo airport to hotel
- 7 What clothes?
- 8 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 9 Paris and Lyon
- 10 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 11 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 12 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 13 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 14 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 15 tipping
- 16 Lavender Conditions in Provence
- 17 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 18 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 19 Hiking in Luberon
- 20 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 21 Provence/Luberon, Amalfi Coast, Greece in 12 days
- 22 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 23 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 24 London Paris
- 25 What would YOU do in Berlin?