I've just read some very interesting trip reports and am now super excited for my next trip in September. What we want? Wine, wine, good food, wine, great scenery, some mountain hiking followed by more wine.
We found plane tickets to and from Nice at an excellent price, so here is our plan for now, and some questions.
Sept. 3-4-5-6 in Nice
Rent a car
Sept. 7-8-9-10-11 in the Langhe/Piedmont wine country (I found a lovely house in Rodello near Alba, right in the vineyards)
Sept. 12-13-14-15-16 Aoste region, hiking in the Alps
Sept. 17-18-19-20 Torino
Sept. 21 Return car in Nice (hotel near airport)
And now the questions:
1) We chose to come and go from Nice because the fare is good, but most of all because the car rental prices are incredibly high for a pick-up in Nice and a return in Turin. Am I missing something? Or should we take the train to Turin and rent a car from there?
2) We don't like to rush when we are on a trip. Is our allocation of days OK?
3) Should we substract days from other areas add one of the lakes to the mix (Orta, Maggiore or?)
Thanks for your precious input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 2 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 3 Driving in Italy?
- 4 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 5 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 6 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 7 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 10 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 11 Shoes in Scotland
- 12 Engadine Valley help
- 13 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Naples, Italy
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 21 Tuscany 6 nights
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees