I've just read some very interesting trip reports and am now super excited for my next trip in September. What we want? Wine, wine, good food, wine, great scenery, some mountain hiking followed by more wine.
We found plane tickets to and from Nice at an excellent price, so here is our plan for now, and some questions.
Sept. 3-4-5-6 in Nice
Rent a car
Sept. 7-8-9-10-11 in the Langhe/Piedmont wine country (I found a lovely house in Rodello near Alba, right in the vineyards)
Sept. 12-13-14-15-16 Aoste region, hiking in the Alps
Sept. 17-18-19-20 Torino
Sept. 21 Return car in Nice (hotel near airport)
And now the questions:
1) We chose to come and go from Nice because the fare is good, but most of all because the car rental prices are incredibly high for a pick-up in Nice and a return in Turin. Am I missing something? Or should we take the train to Turin and rent a car from there?
2) We don't like to rush when we are on a trip. Is our allocation of days OK?
3) Should we substract days from other areas add one of the lakes to the mix (Orta, Maggiore or?)
Thanks for your precious input!
Nice, the Piedmont and Torino... Am I missing something?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 2 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 3 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 4 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 5 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 6 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 7 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 8 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 9 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 10 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 11 5 Observations About Paris
- 12 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 13 Granada
- 14 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 17 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 18 Pyrenees logistics
- 19 Airport ATMs
- 20 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 caroline_venezia