I've just read some very interesting trip reports and am now super excited for my next trip in September. What we want? Wine, wine, good food, wine, great scenery, some mountain hiking followed by more wine.
We found plane tickets to and from Nice at an excellent price, so here is our plan for now, and some questions.
Sept. 3-4-5-6 in Nice
Rent a car
Sept. 7-8-9-10-11 in the Langhe/Piedmont wine country (I found a lovely house in Rodello near Alba, right in the vineyards)
Sept. 12-13-14-15-16 Aoste region, hiking in the Alps
Sept. 17-18-19-20 Torino
Sept. 21 Return car in Nice (hotel near airport)
And now the questions:
1) We chose to come and go from Nice because the fare is good, but most of all because the car rental prices are incredibly high for a pick-up in Nice and a return in Turin. Am I missing something? Or should we take the train to Turin and rent a car from there?
2) We don't like to rush when we are on a trip. Is our allocation of days OK?
3) Should we substract days from other areas add one of the lakes to the mix (Orta, Maggiore or?)
Thanks for your precious input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 4 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 5 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 6 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 7 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 8 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 9 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 10 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 11 Shopping in Stockholm, Prague and Warsaw
- 12 What one thing in Paris?
- 13 Holiday in Austria
- 14 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 15 Rue des Rosiers
- 16 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 17 First Trip to Europe!
- 18 Switzerland in mid-April
- 19 sfo to europe
- 20 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 21 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 22 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 23 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 24 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 25 Car rental leaving Rome