I've just read some very interesting trip reports and am now super excited for my next trip in September. What we want? Wine, wine, good food, wine, great scenery, some mountain hiking followed by more wine.
We found plane tickets to and from Nice at an excellent price, so here is our plan for now, and some questions.
Sept. 3-4-5-6 in Nice
Rent a car
Sept. 7-8-9-10-11 in the Langhe/Piedmont wine country (I found a lovely house in Rodello near Alba, right in the vineyards)
Sept. 12-13-14-15-16 Aoste region, hiking in the Alps
Sept. 17-18-19-20 Torino
Sept. 21 Return car in Nice (hotel near airport)
And now the questions:
1) We chose to come and go from Nice because the fare is good, but most of all because the car rental prices are incredibly high for a pick-up in Nice and a return in Turin. Am I missing something? Or should we take the train to Turin and rent a car from there?
2) We don't like to rush when we are on a trip. Is our allocation of days OK?
3) Should we substract days from other areas add one of the lakes to the mix (Orta, Maggiore or?)
Thanks for your precious input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 2 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 3 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 4 Enjoying England for a year!
- 5 Ireland driving itinerary
- 6 Europe itinerary
- 7 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 8 Madrid city centre?
- 9 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 10 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 11 French Riviera
- 12 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 13 Southern Italy
- 14 Trip Report: Hungary & Romania, May-June 2005. Re-posted to eliminate errors.
- 15 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 16 England in a week - what's realistic
- 17 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 20 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 21 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 22 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 23 0ne day trip from Lisbon to Porto
- 24 gare de nord
- 25 Do you recommend a walking tour of Trogir