I've just read some very interesting trip reports and am now super excited for my next trip in September. What we want? Wine, wine, good food, wine, great scenery, some mountain hiking followed by more wine.
We found plane tickets to and from Nice at an excellent price, so here is our plan for now, and some questions.
Sept. 3-4-5-6 in Nice
Rent a car
Sept. 7-8-9-10-11 in the Langhe/Piedmont wine country (I found a lovely house in Rodello near Alba, right in the vineyards)
Sept. 12-13-14-15-16 Aoste region, hiking in the Alps
Sept. 17-18-19-20 Torino
Sept. 21 Return car in Nice (hotel near airport)
And now the questions:
1) We chose to come and go from Nice because the fare is good, but most of all because the car rental prices are incredibly high for a pick-up in Nice and a return in Turin. Am I missing something? Or should we take the train to Turin and rent a car from there?
2) We don't like to rush when we are on a trip. Is our allocation of days OK?
3) Should we substract days from other areas add one of the lakes to the mix (Orta, Maggiore or?)
Thanks for your precious input!
Nice, the Piedmont and Torino... Am I missing something?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia Amber
- 2 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 3 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 4 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 5 Munich with a car?
- 6 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 7 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 8 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 9 Good Friday in Barcelona
- 10 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 11 Toulouse and beyond -
- 12 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 13 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 16 Day trip on the Rhine
- 17 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 18 Germany-berlin marathon
- 19 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 20 museum passes in Rome
- 21 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 24 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 25 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)