I am doing some preliminary planning for a trip to Italy: Venice/Florence/Umbria.
As always, I am having ‘sticker-shock’ on the price of hotels in Venice (been there about 5 times, but not for some years).
Last visit, I had a lovely stay in a reasonably priced hotel in Dorsoduro (or perhaps one of the other areas outside of San Marco). Unfortunately, I did not write a trip report and I forget the name of either the hotel or the area.
My requirements are simple, and as follows:
• I don’t really want to stay in San Marco, I would be perfectly happy in the outlying areas that are within walking distance of the San Marco
• A double room, for one person, that has WIFI access. Very clean and not too small.
• In the past I stayed in 4-Star accommodation, but have realized I don’t need this, and would be perfectly happy with good 2-3 Star accommodation
• Don’t care if it is a Hotel or B&B
I’d really appreciate some recent recommendations.
Kind regards … Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 8 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 9 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 10 Chania
- 11 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 12 Car rental in Santorini port
- 13 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 14 Renting a car in Greece
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 17 renting a car in greece
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 20 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 21 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 22 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 23 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 24 retruning to US with souveniers
- 25 Is there a forum just for Paris?