I would love to be a traveler (I think), but I am not that savvy due to lack of experience.*
After trying to get my immediate family to travel with me for years, I have given up and decided to take my college-age niece to Europe. We would like to hit some of the major highlights - and could do a couple of tours if it is easy. I am thinking 12-21 days, maybe May 2012 (she is taking this semester off).
Budget is not my primary concern: I like nice things and good food**, but I am also hoping for great bang for the buck. First time out I probably want to see the typical highlights (the Sistine Chapel, etc.) and get a taste for what I'd like to see more of. I would prize intellect and knowledge in a tour guide. I am moderately fit (walk 3-5 miles with my pups most days).
HELP! I am overwhelmed and underwhelmed by my choices. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
*My only non-North American travel is to Ireland (mainly County Cork staying with friends of boyfriend) for two weeks over Christmas twenty+ years ago. I barely remember this due to fatigue from dark days and having everybody buy "the Americans" drinks everywhere we went -but it was lovely nonetheless.
**I do go to New York City once or twice a year, and have eaten at Bouley, Le Bernadin, etc. I don't have to have that luxurious a meal, I'm just not a total country bumpkin either!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아시안바카라⋞」♠「( SO224。COM )」♠「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 2 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 3 태양성카지노⋞」♠「( SO224。COM )」♠「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 4 페가수스카지노⋞」♠「( SO224。COM )」♠「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 5 아라비안카지노⋞」♠「( SO224。COM )」♠「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 8 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 9 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 10 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 11 Train help for Prague
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 14 Germany train help!
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Versailles
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 21 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 22 Where to enjoy Paris
- 23 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 24 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 25 Renaissance Paris Vendome
Nice Multi-country European tour(s) for Neophyte Traveler and Niece