I would love to be a traveler (I think), but I am not that savvy due to lack of experience.*
After trying to get my immediate family to travel with me for years, I have given up and decided to take my college-age niece to Europe. We would like to hit some of the major highlights - and could do a couple of tours if it is easy. I am thinking 12-21 days, maybe May 2012 (she is taking this semester off).
Budget is not my primary concern: I like nice things and good food**, but I am also hoping for great bang for the buck. First time out I probably want to see the typical highlights (the Sistine Chapel, etc.) and get a taste for what I'd like to see more of. I would prize intellect and knowledge in a tour guide. I am moderately fit (walk 3-5 miles with my pups most days).
HELP! I am overwhelmed and underwhelmed by my choices. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
*My only non-North American travel is to Ireland (mainly County Cork staying with friends of boyfriend) for two weeks over Christmas twenty+ years ago. I barely remember this due to fatigue from dark days and having everybody buy "the Americans" drinks everywhere we went -but it was lovely nonetheless.
**I do go to New York City once or twice a year, and have eaten at Bouley, Le Bernadin, etc. I don't have to have that luxurious a meal, I'm just not a total country bumpkin either!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 파워볼 중계 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 4 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 Milan and Lake Como
- 7 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 10 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 11 One week in Europe
- 12 Budapest to Kosice
- 13 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 14 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 15 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 16 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 17 Munich itinerary review
- 18 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 19 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Where to eat in Rome?
- 22 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 23 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 24 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 25 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
Nice Multi-country European tour(s) for Neophyte Traveler and Niece