My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 2 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 3 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 4 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 5 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 8 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 9 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 10 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 11 First Time Solo Travel info
- 12 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 13 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 14 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 15 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 16 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 17 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 18 Europe in late January
- 19 Northern lights in December
- 20 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 21 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 22 English Countryside
- 23 Puglia or La Langhe
- 24 First time in France
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania