My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 2 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 3 Train from Lille to Delft
- 4 Poland in September
- 5 Holiday in Europe
- 6 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 7 Rome for a week
- 8 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 9 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 10 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 11 Hostel Advice
- 12 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 13 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 14 First Time Europe Trip
- 15 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 16 Amalfi or Positano
- 17 trip to Italy
- 18 particularly just headquartered on the great
- 19 2 weeks in Prague
- 20 student in denmark
- 21 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 22 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 23 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 24 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 25 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler