My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Florence accommodation, B&B, small hotel?
- 2 Spending money
- 3 Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Casci in Florence, Italy?
- 4 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 5 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
- 6 local restaurants along the french riveria
- 7 2 week Scandinavia Trip
- 8 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 9 buying Eruos in advance
- 10 booking the train from Pompeii to Rome
- 11 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 12 Italy train travel question
- 13 2 Days in Rome
- 14 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 15 Bob Dylan in Donostia-San Sebastian 11 July 2015
- 16 First trip to Europe and going alone.
- 17 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 18 Visiting Eastern Europe - planes, trains, and stamps?
- 19 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France
- 20 1st time European Experience- Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, or Other?
- 21 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 22 Norway in a NutShell via Car/Boat
- 23 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 24 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 25 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland