My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Austerlitz to CDG on a weekday morning
- 2 Going to Montmartre from Gare du Nord totally off the beaten track
- 3 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 4 Hiking from Geneva to Rome!
- 5 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 6 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 7 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 8 Mount Etna -Sicily
- 9 "Magnificent" video exhibit at Palazzo Vecchio in Florence
- 10 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 11 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 12 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 13 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 14 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 15 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 16 Dordogne Itinerary
- 17 Our Next Europe Trip
- 18 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 19 Parking in Hallstadt, Dachstein and Linz?
- 20 Izmir to Istanbul
- 21 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 22 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 23 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 24 Planning our Honeymoon
- 25 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli