My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Nice France, Italy and Norway?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 2 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 5 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 6 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 7 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 8 Hotels that we found special
- 9 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 10 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 11 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 14 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 15 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 16 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 17 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 18 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 19 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 22 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 23 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 24 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 25 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later