My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Nice France, Italy and Norway?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 2 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 3 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 4 Touring Dover Castle
- 5 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 6 Madrid and London
- 7 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 8 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 9 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 10 7 Nights in Paris
- 11 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 12 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 13 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 14 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 15 3 weeks in Europe
- 16 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 17 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 18 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 19 London - Site List Triage -
- 20 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 21 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 22 Cell phones in Ireland
- 23 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 24 What to wear
- 25 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.