My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self drive tour companies
- 2 info Faro & Algarve
- 3 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 4 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 5 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 6 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 7 May get together in Paris
- 8 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 11 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 12 Italian lakes
- 13 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Spain and South of France
- 16 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 17 renting car with automatic transmission
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 21 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 22 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 23 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 24 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 25 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit