My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Nice France, Italy and Norway?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 2 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 3 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 4 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 5 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 6 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 7 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 10 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 11 Story of the German Christmas star
- 12 French Basque region
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 16 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 17 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 18 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 19 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 20 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 American Express
- 23 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 24 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 25 Help with European vacation plan