My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 2 Amsterdam to Alsace
- 3 Weekly Markets Lake District and Dales
- 4 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 5 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 Vienna restaurants?
- 8 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 9 Italian trains on Sunday
- 10 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 11 Driving time from Hvar to Sucuraj
- 12 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 13 Corsica and Sardinia
- 14 Cantabria, Asturias, Galacia - Itinerary help please
- 15 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 16 My summer in Paris
- 17 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 18 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 19 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 20 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 21 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 22 Sweden- and another thing
- 23 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 24 Amsterdam and beyond
- 25 Puglia and Matera