My daughters and I are planning a trip to Europe in May or June 2014. We had been to Paris, London, Florence and the Black Forest in Germany on our 1st trip to Europe 4 years ago. We would like to see the South of France and the Mediterranean as well as maybe Northern Italy (Como or Milan or even Amalfi Coast) this time around. However we also wanted to do a country that we had never been to before. I love the sound of Norway and the Fjords or even Vienna for a couple of days. We would be able to do approximately 4 days in each of 3 countries. If we fly from Florida to Norway, is it possible to find a cheap flight within Europe to fly from Norway to either France or Italy and then take the train the rest of the trip or are these places too far from one another? We actually took the train on our first trip between 4 countries. True, we didn't have a lot of time in each country, but we were able to get a taste of each place and what with airfare being so high we wanted to get the most for our money as its already taken us four years of saving to go back. Any suggestions for the third country beside the South of France and Italy? Is Vienna a better idea? Would appreciate help as we need to start planning and booking things soon. Thank you!
Nice France, Italy and Norway?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 2 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 3 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 4 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 5 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 6 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 7 Can teaching patriotism protect France?
- 8 Questions for Paris residents
- 9 Sea side in Italy
- 10 Train tickets within Italy
- 11 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 12 Itinerary help: St. Remy / Marseille / Nice then? end in Milan
- 13 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 14 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 15 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 16 Central European train travel
- 17 Southwestern England
- 18 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 19 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 20 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 21 In Paris on my own
- 22 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 25 Overnight in London - Hotel Recs?