We just reserved our return flights from Nice for myself, my husband and our two teenage boys for our 16 day summer vacation (including 2 travel days).
We have been to various parts of France, including the Provence region, as well as to many parts of Italy. We have not, however, seen the Italian Riviera and we have heard that Cinque Terra is something to see.
With the 14 full days we have, we would really appreciate any thoughts about how we should split our time in the region.
We do want to spend a few days in Nice, but that is as far as we have got so far. We have been told to take a ferry to Corsica for a few days then to ferry it back to the Italian coast and drive back to Nice, stopping along the way. We are not sure if we should go to Corsica, as there may be quite a bit to see in the French/Italian Rivieras.
Any help and advice would be so welcome. Please let us know what villages/cities are worth spending more than a few nights in and which are simply day trips. We would rather not have to travel around too much and maybe have just 2 or 3 places to use as bases to visit the region.
Thanking you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two days in Rome
- 2 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 3 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 4 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 5 PARIS
- 6 One free day in Barcelona
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 9 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Spain: train/rental car help
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Germany or Sweden
- 14 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 15 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 Greek Village
- 18 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 21 Sicily help
- 22 Athens Help
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 "Too Much Cows"
- 25 Bordeaux to Nice