We just reserved our return flights from Nice for myself, my husband and our two teenage boys for our 16 day summer vacation (including 2 travel days).
We have been to various parts of France, including the Provence region, as well as to many parts of Italy. We have not, however, seen the Italian Riviera and we have heard that Cinque Terra is something to see.
With the 14 full days we have, we would really appreciate any thoughts about how we should split our time in the region.
We do want to spend a few days in Nice, but that is as far as we have got so far. We have been told to take a ferry to Corsica for a few days then to ferry it back to the Italian coast and drive back to Nice, stopping along the way. We are not sure if we should go to Corsica, as there may be quite a bit to see in the French/Italian Rivieras.
Any help and advice would be so welcome. Please let us know what villages/cities are worth spending more than a few nights in and which are simply day trips. We would rather not have to travel around too much and maybe have just 2 or 3 places to use as bases to visit the region.
Thanking you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 3 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Trains in Alps and UK
- 6 CDG airport and connection time
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 San Sebastian
- 11 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 12 car for four adults and four bikes
- 13 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 4 days itinerary for France
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 25 Itinerary and transportation suggestions