We just reserved our return flights from Nice for myself, my husband and our two teenage boys for our 16 day summer vacation (including 2 travel days).
We have been to various parts of France, including the Provence region, as well as to many parts of Italy. We have not, however, seen the Italian Riviera and we have heard that Cinque Terra is something to see.
With the 14 full days we have, we would really appreciate any thoughts about how we should split our time in the region.
We do want to spend a few days in Nice, but that is as far as we have got so far. We have been told to take a ferry to Corsica for a few days then to ferry it back to the Italian coast and drive back to Nice, stopping along the way. We are not sure if we should go to Corsica, as there may be quite a bit to see in the French/Italian Rivieras.
Any help and advice would be so welcome. Please let us know what villages/cities are worth spending more than a few nights in and which are simply day trips. We would rather not have to travel around too much and maybe have just 2 or 3 places to use as bases to visit the region.
Thanking you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 4 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 5 One July night in Verona - help!
- 6 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 European Vacation 2017
- 10 London in September
- 11 Avoid Europcar!
- 12 Paris for children
- 13 Couscous
- 14 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 15 Scotland - We're Here!
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 18 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 19 IWM
- 20 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 21 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 22 Guided Vatican Tours
- 23 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 24 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 25 Train / Calabria