We just reserved our return flights from Nice for myself, my husband and our two teenage boys for our 16 day summer vacation (including 2 travel days).
We have been to various parts of France, including the Provence region, as well as to many parts of Italy. We have not, however, seen the Italian Riviera and we have heard that Cinque Terra is something to see.
With the 14 full days we have, we would really appreciate any thoughts about how we should split our time in the region.
We do want to spend a few days in Nice, but that is as far as we have got so far. We have been told to take a ferry to Corsica for a few days then to ferry it back to the Italian coast and drive back to Nice, stopping along the way. We are not sure if we should go to Corsica, as there may be quite a bit to see in the French/Italian Rivieras.
Any help and advice would be so welcome. Please let us know what villages/cities are worth spending more than a few nights in and which are simply day trips. We would rather not have to travel around too much and maybe have just 2 or 3 places to use as bases to visit the region.
Thanking you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany-Car or Train
- 2 Italy in a week
- 3 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 4 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 5 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 6 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 SURPRISE TRIP
- 10 Jewish Vienna
- 11 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 12 Reaching the Lake District
- 13 Positano Hotel in September
- 14 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 15 seat reservations
- 16 Scotland itinerary advice
- 17 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Brussels flower tapestry
- 20 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 21 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 22 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 23 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 24 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more