We have decided to spend new year in Iceland and have just booked our flights and hotel package and I just have a few questions for you all!
We will be flying from Gatwick to Reykjavic with Iceland Express on 28th Dec and arrive at 16:00(ish) what would you advise for this evening? I was thining of planning a northern lights trip (that way if it is cancelled due to weather we have plenty more evenings left!) Oh and we are staying 5 nights!
The next day I was thinking we could explore Reykjavic, see the museums etc - does any one have any not to be missed sights/museums etc in Reykjavic? Any suggestions for restaurants/places to eat?
Other than this I have no actual plans as yet, just a list of things I would like to do:
Golden Circle - what tour company would you recommed? I would rather be in a smaller group if possible!
Horse riding - I love horses and like riding to see the sights - where would you recommed around Reykjavic?
Jokulsarlon - is it possible to get here during the winter? Is it worth travelling the distance during one day?
Blue Lagoon - should we go here on the first day after we arrive or on our last day?
Anything im thinking of doing that isnt worth it? Or anything I should be thinking of doing that ive missed?
Also what should we plan to do for New Years Eve?!
We fly home on the 2nd at 9:00am so no time to do anything this day!
Any ideas for itineries would be greatly appreciated!
Oh and we're staying at centerhotel skjaldbreid if that makes any difference!
Thank you in advance for any help/advice/opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 2 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 3 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 4 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 5 2 weeks itinerary for Norway & Sweden
- 6 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 7 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 8 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 9 One Way... trust or bust?
- 10 A few last minute questions
- 11 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 12 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 13 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 14 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 15 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 16 Cost of Van from CDG
- 17 San Vino
- 18 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 19 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 20 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 21 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 22 Walking GPS?
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 25 Ireland - Northern or Western