We have decided to spend new year in Iceland and have just booked our flights and hotel package and I just have a few questions for you all!
We will be flying from Gatwick to Reykjavic with Iceland Express on 28th Dec and arrive at 16:00(ish) what would you advise for this evening? I was thining of planning a northern lights trip (that way if it is cancelled due to weather we have plenty more evenings left!) Oh and we are staying 5 nights!
The next day I was thinking we could explore Reykjavic, see the museums etc - does any one have any not to be missed sights/museums etc in Reykjavic? Any suggestions for restaurants/places to eat?
Other than this I have no actual plans as yet, just a list of things I would like to do:
Golden Circle - what tour company would you recommed? I would rather be in a smaller group if possible!
Horse riding - I love horses and like riding to see the sights - where would you recommed around Reykjavic?
Jokulsarlon - is it possible to get here during the winter? Is it worth travelling the distance during one day?
Blue Lagoon - should we go here on the first day after we arrive or on our last day?
Anything im thinking of doing that isnt worth it? Or anything I should be thinking of doing that ive missed?
Also what should we plan to do for New Years Eve?!
We fly home on the 2nd at 9:00am so no time to do anything this day!
Any ideas for itineries would be greatly appreciated!
Oh and we're staying at centerhotel skjaldbreid if that makes any difference!
Thank you in advance for any help/advice/opinions!
New Years in Iceland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 2 19 travelling solo and scared!
- 3 Paris Meetup Groups?
- 4 Need suggestions for our week in Panzano
- 5 Cosmos Tour - 9 days Prague, Vienna & Budapest
- 6 Need some initial thoughts on itinerary - Dresden, Potsdam, Berlin
- 7 Sevilla- Triana Restaurant Recommendation
- 8 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 9 Suggestions needed for time in Florence
- 10 In Sevilla now, charged for silverware and olives at resto
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 splitting time between Barcelona and Seville for Semana Santa
- 13 Noordam transatlantic
- 14 Outdoor Adventures in Sicily in late July/early August?
- 15 Solo train travel in Germany
- 16 Pompeii train to Naples
- 17 greece hotels
- 18 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 19 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 22 Has anyone visited Marburg, Germany?
- 23 Short Corsica trip in/out of Ajaccio - itinerary musts?
- 24 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 25 Three Centre Holiday, Italy