We have decided to spend new year in Iceland and have just booked our flights and hotel package and I just have a few questions for you all!
We will be flying from Gatwick to Reykjavic with Iceland Express on 28th Dec and arrive at 16:00(ish) what would you advise for this evening? I was thining of planning a northern lights trip (that way if it is cancelled due to weather we have plenty more evenings left!) Oh and we are staying 5 nights!
The next day I was thinking we could explore Reykjavic, see the museums etc - does any one have any not to be missed sights/museums etc in Reykjavic? Any suggestions for restaurants/places to eat?
Other than this I have no actual plans as yet, just a list of things I would like to do:
Golden Circle - what tour company would you recommed? I would rather be in a smaller group if possible!
Horse riding - I love horses and like riding to see the sights - where would you recommed around Reykjavic?
Jokulsarlon - is it possible to get here during the winter? Is it worth travelling the distance during one day?
Blue Lagoon - should we go here on the first day after we arrive or on our last day?
Anything im thinking of doing that isnt worth it? Or anything I should be thinking of doing that ive missed?
Also what should we plan to do for New Years Eve?!
We fly home on the 2nd at 9:00am so no time to do anything this day!
Any ideas for itineries would be greatly appreciated!
Oh and we're staying at centerhotel skjaldbreid if that makes any difference!
Thank you in advance for any help/advice/opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 총판 토토 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 7 Cell Phone Question
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 13 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 14 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 15 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 18 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 19 Campervan in Croatia
- 20 advance tickets?
- 21 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 22 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 23 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 24 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 25 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries