We have decided to spend new year in Iceland and have just booked our flights and hotel package and I just have a few questions for you all!
We will be flying from Gatwick to Reykjavic with Iceland Express on 28th Dec and arrive at 16:00(ish) what would you advise for this evening? I was thining of planning a northern lights trip (that way if it is cancelled due to weather we have plenty more evenings left!) Oh and we are staying 5 nights!
The next day I was thinking we could explore Reykjavic, see the museums etc - does any one have any not to be missed sights/museums etc in Reykjavic? Any suggestions for restaurants/places to eat?
Other than this I have no actual plans as yet, just a list of things I would like to do:
Golden Circle - what tour company would you recommed? I would rather be in a smaller group if possible!
Horse riding - I love horses and like riding to see the sights - where would you recommed around Reykjavic?
Jokulsarlon - is it possible to get here during the winter? Is it worth travelling the distance during one day?
Blue Lagoon - should we go here on the first day after we arrive or on our last day?
Anything im thinking of doing that isnt worth it? Or anything I should be thinking of doing that ive missed?
Also what should we plan to do for New Years Eve?!
We fly home on the 2nd at 9:00am so no time to do anything this day!
Any ideas for itineries would be greatly appreciated!
Oh and we're staying at centerhotel skjaldbreid if that makes any difference!
Thank you in advance for any help/advice/opinions!
New Years in Iceland
- 1 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 2 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 5 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 first european holiday itinery
- 8 7 days in Andalucia
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 12 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 A full week in The Netherlands
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 23 Apartments in Rome
- 24 Prague - must see
- 25 Hungary and Czech Republic