We have decided to spend new year in Iceland and have just booked our flights and hotel package and I just have a few questions for you all!
We will be flying from Gatwick to Reykjavic with Iceland Express on 28th Dec and arrive at 16:00(ish) what would you advise for this evening? I was thining of planning a northern lights trip (that way if it is cancelled due to weather we have plenty more evenings left!) Oh and we are staying 5 nights!
The next day I was thinking we could explore Reykjavic, see the museums etc - does any one have any not to be missed sights/museums etc in Reykjavic? Any suggestions for restaurants/places to eat?
Other than this I have no actual plans as yet, just a list of things I would like to do:
Golden Circle - what tour company would you recommed? I would rather be in a smaller group if possible!
Horse riding - I love horses and like riding to see the sights - where would you recommed around Reykjavic?
Jokulsarlon - is it possible to get here during the winter? Is it worth travelling the distance during one day?
Blue Lagoon - should we go here on the first day after we arrive or on our last day?
Anything im thinking of doing that isnt worth it? Or anything I should be thinking of doing that ive missed?
Also what should we plan to do for New Years Eve?!
We fly home on the 2nd at 9:00am so no time to do anything this day!
Any ideas for itineries would be greatly appreciated!
Oh and we're staying at centerhotel skjaldbreid if that makes any difference!
Thank you in advance for any help/advice/opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 2 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 3 Italy - best two central locations
- 4 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 5 Overnight Train Questions
- 6 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 7 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 8 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 9 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 10 Tour or independent
- 11 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 12 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 13 Vet my itinerary
- 14 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 15 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 16 Istanbul tour guides?
- 17 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 18 3 months to travel Europe!
- 19 student in denmark
- 20 What to see in Dresden...
- 21 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 22 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 23 Sienna with kids
- 24 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 25 Car hire Uk/Ireland