We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
New Year's 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 2 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 3 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 4 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 5 CROATIA SPLIT
- 6 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 7 Tour Group Operators
- 8 Spending money in Italy?
- 9 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 10 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 11 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 12 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 13 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 14 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 15 Majorca - where to stay?
- 16 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 17 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 18 staying a month or so in each place
- 19 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 20 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 21 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 22 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 23 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 24 Italy- From Rome to Milan
- 25 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania