We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
New Year's 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 2 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 3 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 4 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 5 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 6 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 7 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 8 Rocamaxour
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 France in 2003
- 11 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 12 Maratea
- 13 2 different itineraries
- 14 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 15 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 16 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
- 17 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 20 Home Base in Belgium
- 21 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 22 Now for the Venice hotel
- 23 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 24 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 25 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?