We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
New Year's 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Terrorism in Europe
- 2 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 3 Grad Schools in London?
- 4 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 5 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 6 Mama Mia Italy!
- 7 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 8 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 9 Paris in black and white
- 10 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 11 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 12 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 13 Day trips from Bologna
- 14 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 15 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 16 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 17 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 18 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 19 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 20 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 21 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 22 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 23 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 24 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 25 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig