We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
New Year's 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 driving in france with kids
- 4 Southern Spain
- 5 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 6 Assistance in organizing tours in Moscow.
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 9 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 10 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 11 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 12 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 13 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 14 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 17 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Story of the German Christmas star
- 20 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 21 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 22 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 23 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 24 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 25 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France