We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
New Year's 2014
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 3 How early to get to CDG
- 4 Venice in Jan
- 5 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 6 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 7 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 8 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 11 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 12 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 13 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 14 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 15 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 16 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 17 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 19 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Prague Main Train Station
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 25 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland