We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way to get from Monterosso, Cinque Terre to Pisa Airport
- 2 Train/Subway Questions
- 3 2015 Flight Prices
- 4 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 5 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 6 Getting Around Toledo
- 7 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 8 Barcelona day trip
- 9 Need help! 3 or 4 spots in Greece for a one-month family trip to Greece
- 10 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 11 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 12 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 13 Realistic? Train Rome to Chiusei, get car on a SATURDAY?
- 14 Our Next Europe Trip
- 15 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 16 More help with Ireland Itinerary
- 17 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 18 The Barceloneta Experiment
- 19 Traveling options for Rome to Positano?
- 20 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 21 Long Weekend in Scotland for Edinburgh Fringe
- 22 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 23 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 24 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 25 Calm base in Italy, Beginning of October