We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
New Year's 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 3 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 4 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 5 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 6 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Italy
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 11 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 12 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 13 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 14 Positano, Italy
- 15 Nice Video about Poland
- 16 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 17 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 18 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 19 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 20 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 23 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 24 Vienna highlights
- 25 Where to stay in Rome