We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
New Year's 2014
- 1 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 6 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 9 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 10 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 11 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 12 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Belgium
- 22 Navigo Decouverte
- 23 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 24 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 25 More help with housing in Puglia