We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 2 May 2015 Rome/Florence Trip Report
- 3 Southern France suggestions
- 4 Advice needed for Greece/Italy trip
- 5 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 6 Late October Trip in France
- 7 Train from Alsace to Cochem
- 8 Bus Tickets in Wurzburg
- 9 Traveling to Northern Italy
- 10 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 11 Italy, Spain and France
- 12 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 13 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 14 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 15 Spain and around that for 2 weeks
- 16 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 17 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 18 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 19 Trip Report: Sailing in Croatia, with a Stop at Wimbledon
- 20 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 21 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 22 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 23 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 24 Calanque d'en Vau - hiking and parking tips
- 25 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?