We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
New Year's 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 3 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 4 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 5 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 6 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 7 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 8 Italy in October
- 9 New Micheline star restaurants in Madrid and elsewhere in Spain & Portugal
- 10 Ugh, plane ticket prices
- 11 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 12 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 3 weeks in Sicily
- 15 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 16 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 17 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 18 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 19 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday
- 20 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 21 Dollhouse furniture
- 22 Best Way To Pay For the Tube
- 23 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 24 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 25 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014