We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
New Year's 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 London visit
- 4 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 5 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 8 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 9 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 10 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 11 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 12 21 Days in Central Europe
- 13 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 14 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 15 My itinerary for Greece
- 16 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 17 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 20 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 21 London 2nd time around
- 22 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 23 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 24 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 25 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer