We are 23 and 21 yo from Serbia.
I am planning my new year's trip and the choice is down to the following two options:
1. Amsterdam or
2. Paris + Amsterdam, spending New Year's eve in Paris, on Champs-Elysees probably.
Amsterdam only option includes 3 nights in Amsterdam in a hotel in the center of the city.
The option with Paris includes 3 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Amsterdam but hotels are situated 15min metro ride away from city center.
That means if we choose first option we would be able to walk and discover Ams freely without having to think about time and when to go back not to be late for last metro ride (since we like staying out late). If we choose second option we obviously could not stay out as long.
How hard is it to navigate metro in those two cities and how safe?
I also read about Noctilien bus in Paris, how difficult is it to navigate and how safe is it?
Is 2 days in Amsterdam too short?
Do you think that it would be better to choose the first option and go only to Amsterdam or take the second option?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 Days in Italy
- 2 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 5 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 6 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 7 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 10 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 11 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 12 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 16 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 17 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 18 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 19 Stu Tower
- 20 Single Female Traveler in Italy
- 21 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 22 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 23 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 24 Crete Holiday
- 25 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?