I read that there is going to be a new V-cableway built which will replace the current Mannlichen-Grindelwald cable car, with the new one being faster and able to hold more people.
Does anyone know any more details on this? Like when it's supposed to be finished? I'm wondering if the current cableway will be shut down completely until the new one is built? Or will you still be able to ride the cable car from Mannlichen to Grindlewald while the new one is being built- for example, if the new one is not in the exact same location as the current? Anyone know any details? Hoping the construction doesn't interfere with my trip in July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 2 Maximizing Norway time
- 3 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 4 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 5 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 6 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 7 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 8 Hiking in Switzerland
- 9 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 10 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 14 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 15 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 21 CASH OR CARD?
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 24 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 25 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!