I read that there is going to be a new V-cableway built which will replace the current Mannlichen-Grindelwald cable car, with the new one being faster and able to hold more people.
Does anyone know any more details on this? Like when it's supposed to be finished? I'm wondering if the current cableway will be shut down completely until the new one is built? Or will you still be able to ride the cable car from Mannlichen to Grindlewald while the new one is being built- for example, if the new one is not in the exact same location as the current? Anyone know any details? Hoping the construction doesn't interfere with my trip in July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?