I read that there is going to be a new V-cableway built which will replace the current Mannlichen-Grindelwald cable car, with the new one being faster and able to hold more people.
Does anyone know any more details on this? Like when it's supposed to be finished? I'm wondering if the current cableway will be shut down completely until the new one is built? Or will you still be able to ride the cable car from Mannlichen to Grindlewald while the new one is being built- for example, if the new one is not in the exact same location as the current? Anyone know any details? Hoping the construction doesn't interfere with my trip in July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tattoos in Italy
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria