I read that there is going to be a new V-cableway built which will replace the current Mannlichen-Grindelwald cable car, with the new one being faster and able to hold more people.
Does anyone know any more details on this? Like when it's supposed to be finished? I'm wondering if the current cableway will be shut down completely until the new one is built? Or will you still be able to ride the cable car from Mannlichen to Grindlewald while the new one is being built- for example, if the new one is not in the exact same location as the current? Anyone know any details? Hoping the construction doesn't interfere with my trip in July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Beaune France
- 3 Scotland Trip Report
- 4 Madrid airport question
- 5 Kayaking in Avignon
- 6 How the kids age calculated
- 7 Sintra
- 8 Murren to Prague
- 9 What tips can you give about packing?
- 10 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 14 Aix Provence
- 15 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 16 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 21 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 22 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?