I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 2 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 3 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 4 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 5 Eleanor's Pages
- 6 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 7 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 8 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 9 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 10 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 11 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 14 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 15 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 16 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 17 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 18 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 19 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 20 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 21 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 22 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 23 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 24 European Trivial Trivia!
- 25 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family