I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 British English
- 2 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 3 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 4 Spain for 7 days
- 5 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 6 Southern Italy, Pompeii and where to stay
- 7 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 8 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 9 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 10 Passport Delays
- 11 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 12 Brugge photo on Bing
- 13 A town in France for a month
- 14 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 15 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 16 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 17 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 18 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 20 Spending money in Italy?
- 21 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 22 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 23 Normandy in October
- 24 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 25 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD