I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland 5 days
- 2 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 3 Itinerary help
- 4 Worried my mother won't be able to fly!
- 5 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 6 Best things to eat, see, do in Italy
- 7 French Prem Train Fares
- 8 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 9 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 10 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 11 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 12 Venice
- 13 Need some Venice planning help
- 14 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 15 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 16 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 17 Is one day in Portofino enough?
- 18 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 19 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 20 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 21 Spain diving
- 22 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 23 Malaga Train Station Car Drop off
- 24 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 25 Ceramics