I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking a 5* luxury hotel..
- 2 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 3 Family trip to France with kids
- 4 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 5 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 6 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 7 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 8 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 9 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 10 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 11 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 12 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 13 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break
- 14 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 15 Towns between Dingle and Doolin, Ireland or North of Galway
- 16 1 week in Ireland Starting in Dublin
- 17 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 18 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 19 Travelling to France
- 20 Where to stay in London
- 21 25 days in Europe
- 22 Copenhagen and Iceland
- 23 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 24 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 25 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.