I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 About cars in Austria
- 2 Spain in November
- 3 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 4 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 5 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 6 Italy - unusually so
- 7 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 8 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 9 Europe in December for 10 days
- 10 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 11 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 12 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 13 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 14 England/EPL family vacation
- 15 4 Months in Europe
- 16 Never To Return
- 17 Tipping in the UK
- 18 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 19 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 20 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 21 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 22 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 23 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 24 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 25 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!