I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Residential wallpaper designs
- 2 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 3 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 4 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 5 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 6 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 7 Naples or Genoa
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 10 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 11 Greece Itinerary
- 12 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 13 My First Trip to Europe...
- 14 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 15 Road Maps of Ireland
- 16 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 Manchester on derby weekend
- 19 Rome to Positano
- 20 Day trips from Uzes
- 21 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 22 From London to Paris to US
- 23 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 24 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 25 Restaurants and sights in Puglia