I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verona & Venice summer fashion
- 2 Douro Valley: 9 Hours On The Train?
- 3 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 4 Lake Garda itinerary
- 5 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 6 Amsterdam historical walking tour
- 7 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 8 Volterra or San Gim. for area stay?
- 9 Places to eat in Rome and Venice by train stations???
- 10 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 11 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 12 Irish Hotel Choices for Killarney and Adare
- 13 Sweden- and another thing
- 14 10 days in spain
- 15 Rome Walking Guide
- 16 lake garda or lake como and how many nights
- 17 Help please navigating Barajas (Madrid) airport
- 18 Toll roads in Italy
- 19 Winery tours
- 20 The isles in June
- 21 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 22 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 23 A plethora of islands
- 24 Munich to Milan via train
- 25 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra