I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week Honeymoon-Sept 2016-Italy/Spain
- 2 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 3 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 4 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 5 From London to Italy - where to go?
- 6 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 7 need help with travelling direction when travelling thourgh central Europe
- 8 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 9 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 10 this is a test
- 11 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 12 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 13 Is there any dog-sledding in the Bernese Oberland?
- 14 Cornwall and Germany
- 15 Rome
- 16 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 17 Visiting the Scilly Islands
- 18 Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen
- 19 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Cars in France
- 21 Gtg during Christmastime?
- 22 2 weeks in Europe in April
- 23 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 24 Bucket list trip to Ireland - need so much help!
- 25 Car and Driver to Tour the Baltics?