I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 2 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 3 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 4 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 5 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 6 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 7 Traveling to Munich
- 8 Day trips from Marseille
- 9 London tube
- 10 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 11 cooking classes
- 12 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 13 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 14 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 15 Zurich, Switzerland
- 16 Day trip from London to Paris
- 17 Europe in 21 days
- 18 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 19 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 20 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 21 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 22 one last portugal car rental question
- 23 Venice
- 24 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 25 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us