I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 2 ITALO trains need help
- 3 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 4 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 5 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 6 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 7 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 8 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 9 Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
- 10 biking in France
- 11 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 12 Amalfi Coast in October
- 13 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 14 London for Free
- 15 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 16 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 17 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 18 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 19 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 20 Terrorism in Europe
- 21 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 22 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 23 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 24 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 25 Madrid: City Views