I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 2 Apartment Madrid location/review
- 3 Long wait to board cruise in Barcelona--sleep deprived
- 4 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 5 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 6 Looking for add on city
- 7 UK in the Beginning of 2016
- 8 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 9 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 10 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 11 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 12 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 13 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 14 Taxi service in Nice
- 15 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 16 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 17 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 18 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 19 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 20 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 21 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 22 Trip to Pyrenees
- 23 Help with Itinerary - Seville/San Sebastian
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Preparing for our European Family Trip