I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 4 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 5 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 6 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 7 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 8 Train Help
- 9 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 10 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 11 Austria
- 12 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 13 Salento penninsula
- 14 Train rides
- 15 What about Basque Country?
- 16 Bursa/Iznik
- 17 Paris dinner cruises...best of the best if there is such a thing
- 18 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 19 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 20 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 21 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 23 Charles Degaulle question
- 24 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 25 12 days in Austria