I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 2 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 3 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks
- 4 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 7 Naples or Genoa
- 8 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 9 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 10 First time Europe trip for family of 4
- 11 Dover queues
- 12 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 13 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 14 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 15 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 16 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 17 From London to Paris to US
- 18 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 19 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 20 Greece Experts
- 21 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 22 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 25 Ireland driving itinerary