I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 2 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 3 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 4 Weekend in Norfolk
- 5 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 6 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 7 A Greek sojourn
- 8 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 9 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 10 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 11 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 12 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 13 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 14 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 15 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 16 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 17 Bregenz or Lindau
- 18 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 19 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 20 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 21 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 22 Winter in Paris
- 23 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 24 I need some big advice!
- 25 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.