I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 2 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 3 Krakow on Christmas Day?
- 4 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 5 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 6 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 7 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 8 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 11 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 12 Holland/France/Spain
- 13 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 14 FindYourItaly Tour Company Reviews?
- 15 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 16 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 17 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 18 Car rental leaving Rome
- 19 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 20 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 21 Greece in March?
- 22 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 23 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 24 Why Not Helsinki?
- 25 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve