I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 http://menintalk.com/peruvian-brew/
- 3 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Italy bus or train
- 6 Ireland itinerary help please
- 7 May get together in Paris
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 12 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 13 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 14 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 15 Canal du Midi
- 16 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 17 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 18 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Perugia
- 21 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 22 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 23 Praiano
- 24 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 25 Self drive tour companies