I posted a first draft itinerary on here a few days ago and received a ton of knowledgeable & helpful replies. After more in depth searching of flight schedules and further consideration this is where we are now and I would again love some feedback, as it proved very helpful the first time around.
09/13 Arrive Naples Airport, private driver to Praiano
09/14 thru 09/19 Praiano
09/20 Go to Pompeii, then onto Rome via bus from Naples
09/21 thru 09/23 Rome
09/24 Transfer Rome to Siena
09/25 thru 09/27 Siena (with rental car for visiting other towns)
09/28 Transfer Siena to Florence
09/29 Depart Florence for home
Originally I was trying to take advantage of our Labor Day as a built-in day off from work. We finally came to our senses realizing that this is hardly an advantage. I really would prefer to start closer to mid-September than end-August for milder weather. Now I'm wondering if a 09/13 start is the best or if we should consider a week or two later? I'd like beach friendly weather while on the AC. As for Rome & Tuscany - the cooler the better. The 09/13 date does put me in Italy on my birthday (09/17) which is nice, but not of great importance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Antiques shopping Rome
- 2 Must sees in Malaga
- 3 Scotland Trip Planning
- 4 Italy train question
- 5 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 6 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 7 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 8 Another Book List for Italy
- 9 Two Weeks in Europe
- 10 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 11 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 12 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 13 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 14 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 15 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 16 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 17 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 18 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 19 Venice - a day open
- 20 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 21 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 22 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 23 Walking in Hamburg
- 24 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 25 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week