Ii am looking for suggestions of new cities and towns to visit on vacation that aren't always at the top of the list. We have visited many places in Western Europe that top the list and some moving east (Budapest, Prague, places in Croatia, Istanbul). I have searched the forums and two have popped out that also are consistent with friend reports such as Ljubliana and Sophia that folks seem to have enjoyed. We tend to like places with historic centers that are strollable with a little history, lots of cafes, and and the opportunity just to explore (our favs include Florence, Amsterdam, Brugges, Salzburg, Lucerne, Granada). We love the mix of big cities too such as London and Paris. If you have any suggestions especially in Scandinavia, Northern and Eastern Europe, and Switzerland, I would love to know your favorite finds! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 2 vegetarian in spain
- 3 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 4 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Madrid airport question
- 13 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 14 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 15 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 Imbros Gorge
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 21 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 22 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 25 38 Days in Paris