Ii am looking for suggestions of new cities and towns to visit on vacation that aren't always at the top of the list. We have visited many places in Western Europe that top the list and some moving east (Budapest, Prague, places in Croatia, Istanbul). I have searched the forums and two have popped out that also are consistent with friend reports such as Ljubliana and Sophia that folks seem to have enjoyed. We tend to like places with historic centers that are strollable with a little history, lots of cafes, and and the opportunity just to explore (our favs include Florence, Amsterdam, Brugges, Salzburg, Lucerne, Granada). We love the mix of big cities too such as London and Paris. If you have any suggestions especially in Scandinavia, Northern and Eastern Europe, and Switzerland, I would love to know your favorite finds! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 4 where to stay in London?
- 5 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 6 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 7 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 8 Flamenco in October
- 9 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 10 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 11 4 days itinerary for France
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 15 getting to CDG
- 16 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 17 A Month stay in Southern France
- 18 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 19 Revised itinerary for italy
- 20 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 21 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 24 Hotel in Vienna
- 25 Places of interest