Ii am looking for suggestions of new cities and towns to visit on vacation that aren't always at the top of the list. We have visited many places in Western Europe that top the list and some moving east (Budapest, Prague, places in Croatia, Istanbul). I have searched the forums and two have popped out that also are consistent with friend reports such as Ljubliana and Sophia that folks seem to have enjoyed. We tend to like places with historic centers that are strollable with a little history, lots of cafes, and and the opportunity just to explore (our favs include Florence, Amsterdam, Brugges, Salzburg, Lucerne, Granada). We love the mix of big cities too such as London and Paris. If you have any suggestions especially in Scandinavia, Northern and Eastern Europe, and Switzerland, I would love to know your favorite finds! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Iberian Tour
- 2 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 8 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 9 UK in May and June
- 10 Spain: train/rental car help
- 11 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 12 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 13 good restaurants in Budapest
- 14 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 15 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 16 Wales
- 17 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 18 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 21 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 Alhambra
- 24 Shorts in South of France?
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco