Ii am looking for suggestions of new cities and towns to visit on vacation that aren't always at the top of the list. We have visited many places in Western Europe that top the list and some moving east (Budapest, Prague, places in Croatia, Istanbul). I have searched the forums and two have popped out that also are consistent with friend reports such as Ljubliana and Sophia that folks seem to have enjoyed. We tend to like places with historic centers that are strollable with a little history, lots of cafes, and and the opportunity just to explore (our favs include Florence, Amsterdam, Brugges, Salzburg, Lucerne, Granada). We love the mix of big cities too such as London and Paris. If you have any suggestions especially in Scandinavia, Northern and Eastern Europe, and Switzerland, I would love to know your favorite finds! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 2 Trip Report - 19 Days in Portugal
- 3 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 4 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 5 London Restaurants
- 6 Transportation Question Italy
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Cinqueterre
- 9 Germany deregistration
- 10 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 11 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 12 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 13 One day in Lille, France
- 14 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 15 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 16 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 17 Corsica
- 18 CDG to Marais transfer
- 19 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 20 London best location
- 21 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 22 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 23 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 24 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges