Ii am looking for suggestions of new cities and towns to visit on vacation that aren't always at the top of the list. We have visited many places in Western Europe that top the list and some moving east (Budapest, Prague, places in Croatia, Istanbul). I have searched the forums and two have popped out that also are consistent with friend reports such as Ljubliana and Sophia that folks seem to have enjoyed. We tend to like places with historic centers that are strollable with a little history, lots of cafes, and and the opportunity just to explore (our favs include Florence, Amsterdam, Brugges, Salzburg, Lucerne, Granada). We love the mix of big cities too such as London and Paris. If you have any suggestions especially in Scandinavia, Northern and Eastern Europe, and Switzerland, I would love to know your favorite finds! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 2 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 3 Frankfurt to UK
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 12 9 Days in Spain
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 Paris to Italy
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 23 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 24 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 25 Road trip with our dog