If anyone is interested in cycling in Portugal, you might want to take a look at a new blog that I'm putting together - http://pedalportugal.wordpress.com
My wife and I recently completed a year-long charity tandem ride across N America, NZ and parts of Oz and Europe. One problem we found was getting general information on routes and cycling conditions in individual countries.
We're now back in Portugal (where we work as teachers) and I thought I'd see what I could do here.
Pedal Portugal - the blog - is designed to provide a mix of general advice and information for visiting cyclists, plus some suggestions for both day rides and longer touring routes. Hope this might be of interest - any feedback on the work so far would be appreciated!
New blog on advice & info on cycling in Portugal
- 1 rent car / Munich
- 2 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Italian Lakes gardens
- 5 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 6 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 7 Greek islands from Turkey
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 10 Chambermaid tipping
- 11 TGV and Provence questions
- 12 Novels set in Greece
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 16 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 17 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 18 More help with housing in Puglia
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Rome Accommodation
- 24 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 25 Travel from Prague to Basel