If anyone is interested in cycling in Portugal, you might want to take a look at a new blog that I'm putting together - http://pedalportugal.wordpress.com
My wife and I recently completed a year-long charity tandem ride across N America, NZ and parts of Oz and Europe. One problem we found was getting general information on routes and cycling conditions in individual countries.
We're now back in Portugal (where we work as teachers) and I thought I'd see what I could do here.
Pedal Portugal - the blog - is designed to provide a mix of general advice and information for visiting cyclists, plus some suggestions for both day rides and longer touring routes. Hope this might be of interest - any feedback on the work so far would be appreciated!
New blog on advice & info on cycling in Portugal
- 1 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions
- 2 Planning my days in Paris
- 3 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 4 Portugal Trip 21-30 April 2013
- 5 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 6 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 7 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 8 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 9 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 10 Bank of England Museum
- 11 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 12 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 13 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 14 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 15 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 16 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 17 Palermo and Taormina
- 18 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 19 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 20 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 21 Where to stay for one night ???
- 22 Car Rental Locations
- 23 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 24 Tour-Free Travel
- 25 Villa or Hilltop Town?