I was warned today by my travel agent that the new scanners installed at many NA airports will ruin camera film packed in checked-in bags. She suggested that film be brought in your carry-on bag. Would a lead bag protect the film adequately, or would the opaque area it creates on the scanner "red light" your bag for it to be broken into and searched?
New airport scanners damage film
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 Place to propose
- 4 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 7 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 8 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 11 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 12 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 13 Venice in Jan
- 14 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 15 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 16 Prague Main Train Station
- 17 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 18 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 19 Car rental - Orvieto or Rome
- 20 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 21 Best private transfer from Civitacchia port to rome airport
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 5 days to see Granada - Seville?
- 24 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 25 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe