I am going to The Netherlands July 31 arriving the 1st of August for 9 days with my mother and 14yo son. We have relatives in Drachten we would like to see for maybe 2 nights and then would like to travel. We do not wish to visit Amsterdam until after the 6th due to a big event that will be going on in the city the 1-6th.
While in Drachten area we have to go to the Excaliber climbing wall in Gronigan but after that I have no plans and hope my family has some ideas there.
We are not opposed to going to Belgium or even Paris or maybe Germany but I fear that may be pushing it time wise with having to go into the north of Netherlands. I also don't know how good the high speed train service is in the north. It looks rather robust south of Amsterdam.
I also am wondering if we should rent a car to go to Drachten or go by train from Schipol?
I was thinking of spending the last 2-3 days in Amsterdam
Any ideas to fill in my gaps would be very helpful.
Friday 1st arrive in morning go to Drachten(night with family)
Saturday North area(night with family)
Sunday go home
Thanks in advance for all your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 4 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 5 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 8 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 9 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 10 4 days each in London and Paris
- 11 A few more questions about Brittany
- 12 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 13 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 19 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 20 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 22 Positano or Sorrento?
- 23 Paris in November
- 24 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 25 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes