I am going to The Netherlands July 31 arriving the 1st of August for 9 days with my mother and 14yo son. We have relatives in Drachten we would like to see for maybe 2 nights and then would like to travel. We do not wish to visit Amsterdam until after the 6th due to a big event that will be going on in the city the 1-6th.
While in Drachten area we have to go to the Excaliber climbing wall in Gronigan but after that I have no plans and hope my family has some ideas there.
We are not opposed to going to Belgium or even Paris or maybe Germany but I fear that may be pushing it time wise with having to go into the north of Netherlands. I also don't know how good the high speed train service is in the north. It looks rather robust south of Amsterdam.
I also am wondering if we should rent a car to go to Drachten or go by train from Schipol?
I was thinking of spending the last 2-3 days in Amsterdam
Any ideas to fill in my gaps would be very helpful.
Friday 1st arrive in morning go to Drachten(night with family)
Saturday North area(night with family)
Sunday go home
Thanks in advance for all your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 2 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 6 Berlin, Nice and London
- 7 charming cities in Spain
- 8 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 9 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 10 Day in Madrid
- 11 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 12 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 13 Venice
- 14 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 15 Family vacation to europe
- 16 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 19 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 20 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 21 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 22 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 23 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 24 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 25 Inverness to Isle of Lewis