I am going to The Netherlands July 31 arriving the 1st of August for 9 days with my mother and 14yo son. We have relatives in Drachten we would like to see for maybe 2 nights and then would like to travel. We do not wish to visit Amsterdam until after the 6th due to a big event that will be going on in the city the 1-6th.
While in Drachten area we have to go to the Excaliber climbing wall in Gronigan but after that I have no plans and hope my family has some ideas there.
We are not opposed to going to Belgium or even Paris or maybe Germany but I fear that may be pushing it time wise with having to go into the north of Netherlands. I also don't know how good the high speed train service is in the north. It looks rather robust south of Amsterdam.
I also am wondering if we should rent a car to go to Drachten or go by train from Schipol?
I was thinking of spending the last 2-3 days in Amsterdam
Any ideas to fill in my gaps would be very helpful.
Friday 1st arrive in morning go to Drachten(night with family)
Saturday North area(night with family)
Sunday go home
Thanks in advance for all your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Northern Ireland ideas
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 11 Long weekend in Albania
- 12 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 13 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 scotland itinerary
- 16 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Hotel in Florence
- 20 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 21 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 22 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 23 Malta - how to do it?
- 24 Using CPAP machine in France
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales