I am going to The Netherlands July 31 arriving the 1st of August for 9 days with my mother and 14yo son. We have relatives in Drachten we would like to see for maybe 2 nights and then would like to travel. We do not wish to visit Amsterdam until after the 6th due to a big event that will be going on in the city the 1-6th.
While in Drachten area we have to go to the Excaliber climbing wall in Gronigan but after that I have no plans and hope my family has some ideas there.
We are not opposed to going to Belgium or even Paris or maybe Germany but I fear that may be pushing it time wise with having to go into the north of Netherlands. I also don't know how good the high speed train service is in the north. It looks rather robust south of Amsterdam.
I also am wondering if we should rent a car to go to Drachten or go by train from Schipol?
I was thinking of spending the last 2-3 days in Amsterdam
Any ideas to fill in my gaps would be very helpful.
Friday 1st arrive in morning go to Drachten(night with family)
Saturday North area(night with family)
Sunday go home
Thanks in advance for all your advice!
- 1 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 2 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town
- 3 One more last question on Bayeux
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Prague: hotels Golden Well vs Pachtuv Palace? anyone there recently?
- 6 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 9 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 10 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 11 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 12 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 14 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 15 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 16 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 17 banger rally around europe?
- 18 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 19 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 Trip around Spain
- 24 Trieste as a day trip?
- 25 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?