Many of you were going through my earlier posts. Traveling with family (self+spouse+3 yr boy + 1 yr girl) from Sep 21 - Oct first week
I somehow decided on following tentative schedule:
Day 1 - arrive in Amsterdem
Day 2 - Amsterdem
Day 3 - Amsterdem to Antwerp by train
Day 4 - 8 - Antwerp (Attend to business and family can relax)
Day 9 -11 - Base in Antwerp and travel to Brussels, Ghent and Brugges for day trips by train
Day 12 - Travel to Cologne (Desire to cover at least one german city and this is nearest)
Day 14 - Fly out of Cologne
Another option could be fly into Brussels and then at end of trip, travel around Netherlands instead of Belgium (just a reverse way)
Not really sure which one is better to cover (Brussels, Brugges, Ghent) OR (Amsterdem, Hague, Harlem). Please help. I understand that beaches may be bit cold around that time.
Any suggestions for day wise schedule, accomodations recommendations, train tickets tips, places, etc are welcome. If any of you have link to travel reports, please do share.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 4 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 7 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 10 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 13 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 16 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 19 Campervan in Croatia
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 22 Cell Phone Question
- 23 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 K-Day