We are a group of 5 people (including 2 seniors and 1 kid) planning to travel from Netherlands to Black Forest. We plan to make a trip of 6 days/ 5 nights end of August and travel by public transport.
After crossing in to Germany we plan to use either Länder-Tickets or Quer-durchs-Land Ticket to travel to Black forest base/Freiburg as its cheap and we can see some nice scenery in Rhine valley
What will be a good place to break in between for overnight stay as well as enjoy middle Rhine valley (maybe Middle)?
This leaves us with 3 N/3Days for Black Forest.
What will be a good base town in black forest area with good access to public tranpsort and visiting with ease to some scenic places.
We have in mind to visit Triberg / Lake Titisee/ Lake Scluchsee/Baden area etc.
Also open to other suggestions of scenic beauty.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 2 Munich and....???
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Can parking
- 5 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 8 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 magnified mirror
- 15 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 16 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 21 San Sebastián
- 22 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 23 italy Cinque Terre
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras