We are a group of 5 people (including 2 seniors and 1 kid) planning to travel from Netherlands to Black Forest. We plan to make a trip of 6 days/ 5 nights end of August and travel by public transport.
After crossing in to Germany we plan to use either Länder-Tickets or Quer-durchs-Land Ticket to travel to Black forest base/Freiburg as its cheap and we can see some nice scenery in Rhine valley
What will be a good place to break in between for overnight stay as well as enjoy middle Rhine valley (maybe Middle)?
This leaves us with 3 N/3Days for Black Forest.
What will be a good base town in black forest area with good access to public tranpsort and visiting with ease to some scenic places.
We have in mind to visit Triberg / Lake Titisee/ Lake Scluchsee/Baden area etc.
Also open to other suggestions of scenic beauty.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 11 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary