We are a group of 5 people (including 2 seniors and 1 kid) planning to travel from Netherlands to Black Forest. We plan to make a trip of 6 days/ 5 nights end of August and travel by public transport.
After crossing in to Germany we plan to use either Länder-Tickets or Quer-durchs-Land Ticket to travel to Black forest base/Freiburg as its cheap and we can see some nice scenery in Rhine valley
What will be a good place to break in between for overnight stay as well as enjoy middle Rhine valley (maybe Middle)?
This leaves us with 3 N/3Days for Black Forest.
What will be a good base town in black forest area with good access to public tranpsort and visiting with ease to some scenic places.
We have in mind to visit Triberg / Lake Titisee/ Lake Scluchsee/Baden area etc.
Also open to other suggestions of scenic beauty.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 2 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 3 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 4 House Hunting in France
- 5 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 6 Itinerary Tweaking
- 7 Itinerary Help
- 8 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 9 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 10 Hotel in Vienna
- 11 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 12 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 16 Amalfi Coast help
- 17 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 18 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 19 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 20 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 21 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 22 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 23 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 24 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 25 If you had to choose one......