On very short notice, I will have seven days in NL, arriving by train from Cologne on Saturday 16 June and departing one week later from Schiphol. With this short notice, booking is a bit challenging -- and there's not much time to research.
I have had several 2-day layovers at AMS before so I do not want to visit Amsterdam.
I wish to go to smaller towns, etc. just to putter around and enjoy being in NL. I will be on public transport as well as water and bicycle when possible. Traveling light with a 40L backpack.
Three areas I have targeted to visit are (perhaps two nights in each):
1. Rotterdam/ Kinderdijk
3. Alkmaar/Edam/Hoorn and the rest of the peninsula.
Does this sound reasonable? If so, can you please suggest favorite accomodations (single, middle aged, budget is about 60 Eu/night, don't care about breakfast or "en suite").
Also suggestions about favorites activities or interesting transportation very welcome.
Many thanks -- I don't have much time to research!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Msn Mail helpline Tec*h*nical SUPP0RT 1:800:681 :7208 CONTACT d*j
- 2 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 7 Scotland - We're Here!
- 8 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Avoid Europcar!
- 11 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Paris for children
- 14 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 15 Couscous
- 16 European Vacation 2017
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 19 Naples + Walking Tour
- 20 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 21 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 22 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 23 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 24 One July night in Verona - help!
- 25 London in September