On very short notice, I will have seven days in NL, arriving by train from Cologne on Saturday 16 June and departing one week later from Schiphol. With this short notice, booking is a bit challenging -- and there's not much time to research.
I have had several 2-day layovers at AMS before so I do not want to visit Amsterdam.
I wish to go to smaller towns, etc. just to putter around and enjoy being in NL. I will be on public transport as well as water and bicycle when possible. Traveling light with a 40L backpack.
Three areas I have targeted to visit are (perhaps two nights in each):
1. Rotterdam/ Kinderdijk
3. Alkmaar/Edam/Hoorn and the rest of the peninsula.
Does this sound reasonable? If so, can you please suggest favorite accomodations (single, middle aged, budget is about 60 Eu/night, don't care about breakfast or "en suite").
Also suggestions about favorites activities or interesting transportation very welcome.
Many thanks -- I don't have much time to research!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Will I need to go through immigration at Heathrow?
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Loire or Provence in January?
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Day trip from London in December
- 17 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 18 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 25 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley