On very short notice, I will have seven days in NL, arriving by train from Cologne on Saturday 16 June and departing one week later from Schiphol. With this short notice, booking is a bit challenging -- and there's not much time to research.
I have had several 2-day layovers at AMS before so I do not want to visit Amsterdam.
I wish to go to smaller towns, etc. just to putter around and enjoy being in NL. I will be on public transport as well as water and bicycle when possible. Traveling light with a 40L backpack.
Three areas I have targeted to visit are (perhaps two nights in each):
1. Rotterdam/ Kinderdijk
3. Alkmaar/Edam/Hoorn and the rest of the peninsula.
Does this sound reasonable? If so, can you please suggest favorite accomodations (single, middle aged, budget is about 60 Eu/night, don't care about breakfast or "en suite").
Also suggestions about favorites activities or interesting transportation very welcome.
Many thanks -- I don't have much time to research!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 2 Trip to Rome
- 3 Best Indian Food
- 4 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 5 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 6 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 7 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 8 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 9 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 10 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 11 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 12 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 13 Piedmont as a destination
- 14 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 15 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 Need Information about French Alps
- 18 dinner jackets
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing