I'm taking a trip with my best friend (two college seniors!) to visit the Netherlands, Germany and Czech Republic. We're trying to plan our itinerary and book hostels/trains in advance. I'd love some help with an itinerary. We don't want to rent a car, so ideally travel by train and bus.
We would love to be in Berlin for the International Beer Festival (August 1-3rd) for one or more days. Any recommendations about routes or villages to see along the way? We figure that we'll only be seeing the Northern part of Germany (sorry Munich!) seeing Berlin and maybe on other city on our way to Prague. We also heard about Česky Krumlov in the Czech Republic and would love to do a day trip.
Day 1. July 28 We'll be flying from Nice to Amsterdam (finishing study abroad)
Day 2. July 29- Amsterdam
Day 3 July 30- Amsterdam
Day 4. July 31 Travel to Germany
Day 5. August 1- Berlin Beer Festival!
Day 6. August 2- Berlin Beer Festival!
Day 7. August 3- Berlin Beer Festival!
Day 8. August 4- Berlin
Day 9. August 5- Other city in Germany?
Day 10. August 6
Day 11. August 7
Day 12. August 8
Day 13. August 9- Travel to the Czech Republic
Day 14. August 10- Prague?
Day 15. August 11- Prague?
Day 16 August 12- Prague?
Day 17 August 13- Fly home!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 5 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 6 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 Germany-Car or Train
- 17 Night Bus?
- 18 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 22 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 23 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 24 Short time in Vienna
- 25 Jewish Vienna