I'm taking a trip with my best friend (two college seniors!) to visit the Netherlands, Germany and Czech Republic. We're trying to plan our itinerary and book hostels/trains in advance. I'd love some help with an itinerary. We don't want to rent a car, so ideally travel by train and bus.
We would love to be in Berlin for the International Beer Festival (August 1-3rd) for one or more days. Any recommendations about routes or villages to see along the way? We figure that we'll only be seeing the Northern part of Germany (sorry Munich!) seeing Berlin and maybe on other city on our way to Prague. We also heard about Česky Krumlov in the Czech Republic and would love to do a day trip.
Day 1. July 28 We'll be flying from Nice to Amsterdam (finishing study abroad)
Day 2. July 29- Amsterdam
Day 3 July 30- Amsterdam
Day 4. July 31 Travel to Germany
Day 5. August 1- Berlin Beer Festival!
Day 6. August 2- Berlin Beer Festival!
Day 7. August 3- Berlin Beer Festival!
Day 8. August 4- Berlin
Day 9. August 5- Other city in Germany?
Day 10. August 6
Day 11. August 7
Day 12. August 8
Day 13. August 9- Travel to the Czech Republic
Day 14. August 10- Prague?
Day 15. August 11- Prague?
Day 16 August 12- Prague?
Day 17 August 13- Fly home!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 2 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Itinerary Tweaking
- 5 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 6 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 7 Amalfi Coast help
- 8 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 9 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 10 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 11 Itinerary Help
- 12 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 13 House Hunting in France
- 14 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 15 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 16 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 17 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Portugal with large family