We are flying into CDG early July and flying out near the end. I am still in a twirl on where to focus research energy, been reading and reading- I asked my people - The boys (10 & 13) comments boiled down that for longer times they really like the towns/villages that are small enough for them to run around by themselves for short blips of time - and I think we let them do that with towns that were 10,000 population or less - They love running to the bakeries in the morning for breakfast and bringing the treats back to the apartment/cottage, etc. - running to the market when we run out of an ingredient, etc. The DH said anywhere is fine...
For a longer stays, the towns over 100,000 were too big for them (or us) to feel comfortable (unless maybe the bakery was in the bottom of the building).
Pretty, quaint, athletic, fun, free, near a bigger town for a bike shop (and momma needs something pretty to look at)... helllllp!
Needing help for France trip? Small town inspiration?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 2 May trip to the islands
- 3 Where to stay in Rome
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 7 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 8 Venice hotel selection
- 9 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 10 Augsburg with kids
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 14 Three days in Spain
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 17 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 Paris in April?
- 21 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 22 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 23 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 24 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 25 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken