We are flying into CDG early July and flying out near the end. I am still in a twirl on where to focus research energy, been reading and reading- I asked my people - The boys (10 & 13) comments boiled down that for longer times they really like the towns/villages that are small enough for them to run around by themselves for short blips of time - and I think we let them do that with towns that were 10,000 population or less - They love running to the bakeries in the morning for breakfast and bringing the treats back to the apartment/cottage, etc. - running to the market when we run out of an ingredient, etc. The DH said anywhere is fine...
For a longer stays, the towns over 100,000 were too big for them (or us) to feel comfortable (unless maybe the bakery was in the bottom of the building).
Pretty, quaint, athletic, fun, free, near a bigger town for a bike shop (and momma needs something pretty to look at)... helllllp!
Needing help for France trip? Small town inspiration?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I need a haircut
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 4 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 5 flea markets in France
- 6 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 7 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 8 Madrid apartments
- 9 London neighborhood suggestions
- 10 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 11 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 12 Timing a river cruise
- 13 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 We Need a Pact
- 16 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 17 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 18 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 19 Tipping in Greece
- 20 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 21 Honeymooning in Europe
- 22 Southern France
- 23 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 24 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 25 Spain tips beyond safety