We are flying into CDG early July and flying out near the end. I am still in a twirl on where to focus research energy, been reading and reading- I asked my people - The boys (10 & 13) comments boiled down that for longer times they really like the towns/villages that are small enough for them to run around by themselves for short blips of time - and I think we let them do that with towns that were 10,000 population or less - They love running to the bakeries in the morning for breakfast and bringing the treats back to the apartment/cottage, etc. - running to the market when we run out of an ingredient, etc. The DH said anywhere is fine...
For a longer stays, the towns over 100,000 were too big for them (or us) to feel comfortable (unless maybe the bakery was in the bottom of the building).
Pretty, quaint, athletic, fun, free, near a bigger town for a bike shop (and momma needs something pretty to look at)... helllllp!
Needing help for France trip? Small town inspiration?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Belfast
- 2 Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS
- 3 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 4 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 5 How long in Venice?
- 6 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 7 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 8 Connections at CDG
- 9 Hotel in Rome?
- 10 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 11 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 12 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 13 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 14 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 15 granada to algarve
- 16 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 17 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 18 Ireland driving vacation
- 19 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 20 Cotswolds village base
- 21 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 22 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 23 Normandy in October
- 24 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 25 I went to Paris in June