I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 Madrid city centre?
- 4 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 5 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 6 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 7 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 8 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 9 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 10 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 11 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 12 Stonehenge and Bath
- 13 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 14 train from ravenna to parma
- 15 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 16 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 17 Puglia
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 20 Ireland driving itinerary
- 21 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 22 Manchester on derby weekend
- 23 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 25 Day trips from Uzes
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France