I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 2 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 3 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 4 Sentimental Journey
- 5 Netflix and Hulu
- 6 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 7 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 8 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 9 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 10 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 11 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 12 Paris hotels
- 13 TAP airlines & other questions
- 14 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 15 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 16 5 days in switzerland
- 17 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 18 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 19 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 20 Antwerp Tram
- 21 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 22 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 23 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 24 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 25 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France