I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in France
- 2 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 3 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 4 Puglia or La Langhe
- 5 What to expect over Christmas
- 6 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 7 Italy/Greece with kids
- 8 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 9 Rome
- 10 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 11 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 12 Prague hotels
- 13 Need help in travel planning
- 14 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 15 Munich
- 16 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 17 Northern lights in December
- 18 Booking hotels before trains
- 19 Flights from Croatia
- 20 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 21 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 22 Budapest
- 23 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 24 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 25 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France