I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 2 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 3 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 Can you recommend great Gastro Pub in ondon
- 6 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 7 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 8 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 9 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 10 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 11 Scotland Votes "No"
- 12 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 13 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 14 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 15 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 16 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 17 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 18 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 19 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 20 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 21 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 22 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 23 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 24 Olive Oil
- 25 Wine tour from Verona?