I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 2 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 3 Itinerary question for Czech Republic for September trip
- 4 Italy by Cruise Ship or Airplane/Rail
- 5 London experts--Look at my week's itinerary, please?
- 6 Driving to Beaune
- 7 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 8 Where to stay in London
- 9 Travelling to France
- 10 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 11 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 12 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 13 Easier connection to London's city center -- Gatwick or Stansted?
- 14 25 days in Europe
- 15 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 16 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 17 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 18 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 19 scotland trave;
- 20 Makes Blackpool look Fab
- 21 Newgrange
- 22 Spain. malaga to granada
- 23 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 24 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 25 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.