I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 2 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 3 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 4 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 5 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 6 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 7 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 8 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 9 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 10 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 11 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 Visit to Bath and London england
- 14 Southern Italy without a Car
- 15 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 16 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 17 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 18 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 19 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 20 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 21 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 22 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 23 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?
- 24 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!