I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 2 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 3 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 4 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 5 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 6 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 7 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 8 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 9 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 10 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 London Trip Travel
- 13 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 14 I dream of Europe
- 15 Weekend in Norfolk
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 St Germain
- 18 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 19 Cotswold Churches
- 20 Autumn in Paris
- 21 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 22 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 23 Norway 2014
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization