I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance
- 2 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 5 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 6 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 7 Scotland itinerary advice
- 8 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 12 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 13 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 14 Places to visit from Zurich
- 15 SURPRISE TRIP
- 16 The DCC scam is spreading
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 19 Positano Hotel in September
- 20 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 21 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 22 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 23 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 24 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 25 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France