I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 2 4 special meals, 2 GTGs, Benedict Cumberbatch and a Tattoo
- 3 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 4 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 5 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 6 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 7 Still another Normandy question
- 8 Weekend in Paris in October
- 9 In Barcelona...Montjuic
- 10 Around Geneva?
- 11 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 12 Cars in France
- 13 Rome/Florence
- 14 Paris
- 15 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 16 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 17 First European Vacation )
- 18 Advice for Siena and Orvieto?
- 19 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 20 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 21 Where to go
- 22 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 23 London: Xmas Break Trip - One Week Itinerary
- 24 London theatre
- 25 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France