I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 2 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 6 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 7 Car rental leaving Rome
- 8 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 9 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 10 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 11 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 12 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 13 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 14 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 15 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 16 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 17 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 18 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 19 Car Rental in Italy
- 20 Rue des Rosiers
- 21 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 22 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 23 First Trip to Europe!
- 24 Paris Under Seige...
- 25 Italy with my 22 year old son
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France