I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 iPad Cellular in Croatia-Slovenia-Italy
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 7 Nights in Paris
- 6 Best hostels from experience
- 7 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 8 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 9 London neighborhood suggestions
- 10 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 11 San Sebastian
- 12 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 13 Istanbul Itinerary
- 14 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 15 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 16 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 17 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 18 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 19 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 20 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 21 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 22 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 23 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 24 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 25 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary