I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Safest way to get to Dunkerque from Calais ferry terminal
- 4 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 5 permits. Has been proven to no other treatment
- 6 Shopping in Paris
- 7 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 8 Brussels Airport
- 9 spanish winery region(s)
- 10 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 11 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 12 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 13 Rome and Venice in December
- 14 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 15 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 16 Malta: baby food?
- 17 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 18 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 19 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 20 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 21 2 London theatre recommendations
- 22 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 23 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 24 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 25 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France