I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 2 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 3 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 4 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 5 Overnight Train Questions
- 6 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 7 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 8 Italy - best two central locations
- 9 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 10 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 11 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 12 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 13 Vet my itinerary
- 14 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 15 Amsterdam hotels
- 16 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 17 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 18 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 19 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 20 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 21 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 22 Istanbul tour guides?
- 23 Flamenco Shows
- 24 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 25 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France