I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Horses, Kayaking and Adventure in Iceland
- 2 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 3 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 4 Restaurant recommendation in Lisbon
- 5 Attractions in Ostia Antica
- 6 Adam Gopnik loses his phone in Paris
- 7 Trip Report: Sailing in Croatia, with a Stop at Wimbledon
- 8 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 9 What is your favorite travel app?
- 10 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 11 Italy, Spain and France
- 12 Itinerary help for 17 night trip to Spain and France October
- 13 Women's semi-stylish, comfortable shoes?
- 14 Amsterdam and beyond
- 15 Looking for place to stop on way to Rome from Amalfi
- 16 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 17 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 18 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 19 Day trips from Cologne
- 20 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 21 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 22 My summer in Paris
- 23 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 24 Schegen Question- Leaving w/Visa and Reentry as Tourist
- 25 Paris food tours?
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France