I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 2 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 5 Driving in Italy?
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 Tour groups
- 9 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 12 Ireland in April
- 13 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 16 So much to do, so little time!
- 17 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 18 Baby Milk
- 19 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 French restaurants
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 24 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 25 Super Cover For Hertz
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France