I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 venice to lucca by car
- 2 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 3 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 4 Itenerary Opinion
- 5 10 Days trip to Europe
- 6 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 7 Northern Spain
- 8 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 9 London-Paris solo trip
- 10 Healthy eating in Rome
- 11 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 12 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 13 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 14 Shoppingin Spain
- 15 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 16 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 17 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 18 Where to stay around Munich
- 19 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 20 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 21 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 22 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 23 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 24 Daytrip Ideas from Assisi (leaving this Saturday)
- 25 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France