I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 Nights in Paris
- 2 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 3 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 4 Cell phones in Ireland
- 5 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 6 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 7 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 10 Priceline for London hotels
- 11 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 12 Ireland itinerary
- 13 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Fjords, How To?
- 16 Istanbul Itinerary
- 17 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 18 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 19 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 20 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 21 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 22 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 23 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 24 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY