I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romantic Restaurants in Venice?
- 2 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 3 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 4 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 Tour or independent
- 7 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 8 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 9 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 10 Hertz Never Lost
- 11 student in denmark
- 12 First Time Europe Trip
- 13 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 14 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 15 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 16 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 19 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 20 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 21 Amalfi or Positano
- 22 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 23 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 24 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 25 Munich, Germany
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France