I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London & Area Itinerary Help
- 2 Need Help, Iceland
- 3 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 4 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 5 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 6 Italy/ Spain in December
- 7 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 8 Venice - things to do?
- 9 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 10 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 11 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 12 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 13 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 14 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 15 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 16 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 17 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 18 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 19 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 20 Please help me give good travel advice
- 21 Berlin hotel convenient by transit to Berlin Messe
- 22 Need Advice for Stuttgart/Munich Area
- 23 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 24 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 25 5 minutes to switch in Basel train station