I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First timer
- 2 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 3 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 4 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 5 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 6 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 7 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 8 Italy in 3 days
- 9 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 10 Getting Around Toledo
- 11 four old ladies in spain
- 12 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 13 Our Next Europe Trip
- 14 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 15 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 16 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 17 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 18 Rental Car in Austria
- 19 From Schipol to ?
- 20 Planning our Honeymoon
- 21 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 22 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 23 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 24 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 25 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France