I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Beaune France
- 3 Scotland Trip Report
- 4 Madrid airport question
- 5 Kayaking in Avignon
- 6 How the kids age calculated
- 7 Sintra
- 8 Murren to Prague
- 9 What tips can you give about packing?
- 10 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 14 Aix Provence
- 15 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 16 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 21 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 22 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France