I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 2 Sunny September Trip Report
- 3 Italy tours
- 4 Trip Report, part 1
- 5 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 6 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 7 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 8 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 9 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 10 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 11 London GTG late September?
- 12 Air France strike
- 13 Amsterdam
- 14 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 15 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 16 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 19 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 20 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 21 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 22 Alterations to night trains routes
- 23 Scottish Passport
- 24 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 25 Find a long term rental studio in Paris