I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 2 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 3 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 4 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 5 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 6 Another Visit to London
- 7 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 8 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 9 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool
- 10 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 11 3 days Venice to Paris
- 12 A Beautiful Visit to Emilia-Romagna
- 13 My Worst Experience During My Holiday In Europe
- 14 Need advice on transportation
- 15 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 16 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 17 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 18 Berlin insurance questions
- 19 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 20 France for Six Weeks
- 21 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 22 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 23 Can you please critique my ring road plan?
- 24 which basque wine TXAKOLINA wineries bodegas to visit from san sebastian?
- 25 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France