I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Barcelona
- 2 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 3 Referendum in Greece
- 4 Just Us 2 Wedding and 2 Wks in Europe. We need help planning please!
- 5 CapitaineTrain.com again !!!!!
- 6 Barcelona Itinerary
- 7 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 8 Itinerary help for Italy!!
- 9 Bath or Exeter
- 10 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 11 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 12 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 13 Croatia-Dubrovnik-split 8 days
- 14 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 15 St. Petersburg plus
- 16 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 17 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 18 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 19 Our Paris plans
- 20 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 21 Any recent visitors to Aran Sweater Market Inis Mor Island, Ireland?
- 22 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 A week in Vienna
- 25 short trip klon to koblenz
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France