I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 2 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 3 help and advice
- 4 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 5 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 6 Which 2 of these 3: Lekeitio, Getaria, and Hondarribia
- 7 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 8 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 9 Lyon Arrondissements
- 10 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 11 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 12 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 13 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 14 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 15 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 16 Spa in Scotland
- 17 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 18 Booking Greece Ferry Tickets online
- 19 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 20 1+ days in Toledo
- 21 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 22 What area/town to stay in North Eastern Sardinia?
- 23 Paris info required
- 24 DCC on the increase?
- 25 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!