I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 2 Slow travel Lisbon and ??? in Portugal in early Nov.--2 weeks
- 3 Decision time...
- 4 Spain in November
- 5 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 6 Authentic czech food
- 7 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 8 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 9 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 10 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 11 Hotel Regno versus Albergo Cesari Rome
- 12 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 13 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 14 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 15 Italy - unusually so
- 16 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 17 About cars in Austria
- 18 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 19 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 20 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 21 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 22 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 23 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 24 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 25 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?