I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Riviera roadtrip
- 2 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 3 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 4 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 5 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 6 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 7 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 8 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 9 Budapest questions round 1
- 10 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 11 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 12 Barcelona in 2 Days
- 13 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 14 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 15 Paths of the God's on Amalfi coast?
- 16 Help requested with : Hotels with good access in Lucerne and Interlake area
- 17 If Greece exits
- 18 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 21 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 22 Looking for architecture, paintings, castles, etc
- 23 Iceland
- 24 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary
- 25 Barcelona sites: attire
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France