I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 2 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 3 France in 2003
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 camino de santiago starting in burgos
- 6 Now for the Venice hotel
- 7 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 8 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 9 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 10 Mari's Northern Spain and the Camino de Santiago Trip Report
- 11 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 12 Arles as a base?
- 13 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 14 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 17 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 18 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 19 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 20 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 21 South of Switzerland
- 22 A Week in Spain
- 23 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 24 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 25 Home Base in Belgium