I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 2 Italy,Austria,Germany driving vacation
- 3 Budapest,VIenna: Cash, Credit, ATM, Clothing, HELP
- 4 Getting from Orvieto to Spoleto (Italy)
- 5 chip and pin credit cards
- 6 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 7 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 8 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 9 A plea ... help me salvage (current) trip
- 10 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 11 Chiemsee or Walchensee? (Bavarian lakes roadtrip)
- 12 15 nights in Italy
- 13 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 14 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 15 Strasbourg or Montpellier?
- 16 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 17 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 18 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 19 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 20 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 21 Is Chateau Latour in Medoc only for buyers?
- 22 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 23 Tuscany literature
- 24 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 25 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France