I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 2 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 3 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 4 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 5 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 6 Ireland - Insight into group tours/budget
- 7 Mirrors?
- 8 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 9 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 10 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 11 The Birthday Celebration in Italy!
- 12 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 13 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 14 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 15 Using O2 in Europe?
- 16 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 17 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 18 Istanbul to budapest
- 19 Renfe Train Ticket Buying Success! (Paypal)
- 20 Santorini Location
- 21 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 22 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 23 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 24 La Tavola Marche
- 25 Coastal Causeway Route- Northern Ireland
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France