I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 2 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 10 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 Travel by train or bus
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 16 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Florence in October
- 20 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 London at Easter
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 25 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal