I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
- 1 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 2 A full week in The Netherlands
- 3 Prague Main Train Station
- 4 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 5 Spain Travel
- 6 Venice in Jan
- 7 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 8 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 9 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Southern France
- 12 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 13 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 14 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 17 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Public transport from Ostuni
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Itinerary Questions
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 24 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 25 Trip Report - Fringe Movements