I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
- 1 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 2 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 3 Hotels in Sorrento
- 4 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 5 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 6 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 7 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 8 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 9 Germany with 6 month old.
- 10 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 13 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 14 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 15 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 16 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 17 Apartment in Seville
- 18 Irish Pub Arrival Time ?
- 19 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 20 Germany and Italy
- 21 day trips from Stuttgart
- 22 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 23 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 24 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 25 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!