I just started looking into planning a trip to Spain and France (approximately 10 - 14 days) sometime in September (assuming the weather will be nice/ temperature in the mid to high 70s).
I wish to fly from Chicago to a major city in Spain (perhaps centrally located) and preferably use the train system or if necessary rent a car to visit a few other major popular cities; as well as, if possible, visit small recommended towns on the way.
Eventually, I wish to take the train from Spain to France stopping at the most notable towns/cities on the way to Paris where I plan to spend a few days before returning to the states. Any and all recommendations are welcome.
I enjoy adventuring different cities, learn about different cultures and history, site seeing, wine tasting, and absolutely dinning. I appreciate the small local shops or what they call (hole in the wall) restaurants where I can mingle with the locals and enjoy a home cooked meal.
I am so looking forward to your response and thank you in advance for your input.
Need you help and input to build an itinerary to Spain and France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 British Honeymoon!
- 2 Gay and St.Petersburg
- 3 Southwestern England
- 4 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 5 10 day travel itinerary to Italy... help!
- 6 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 7 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 8 Paris Pass worth the money?
- 9 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 10 Mont St. Michele?
- 11 Athens and which islands?
- 12 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 13 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 14 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 15 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 16 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 17 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 18 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 19 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 20 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 21 Edinburgh accommodation location help me choose
- 22 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 23 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 24 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 25 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST