We are planning a trip to England in early autumn. I can't decide where to go.
We love ruins and cathedrals, gardens, wooded scenery, pretty villages, grand houses, seaside scenery. We also love art.
We've been to Yorkshire, the Lake District, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Salisbury, Winchester, the Cotswolds, lots of Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen sites, Bath, Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Liverpool and to London several times.
We will spend a few days in London this time, and I'm pondering perhaps Canterbury and Cambridge, with driving. We have never visited to the east of London.
Another option is Derbyshire and Oxford. Ideally we would do 11 or 12 nights on the ground, coming from the US.
My favorite things are listed above. Which direction might you plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 20 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 celticmoon, a quick question
- 24 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 25 B&B in Ireland