We are planning a trip to England in early autumn. I can't decide where to go.
We love ruins and cathedrals, gardens, wooded scenery, pretty villages, grand houses, seaside scenery. We also love art.
We've been to Yorkshire, the Lake District, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Salisbury, Winchester, the Cotswolds, lots of Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen sites, Bath, Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Liverpool and to London several times.
We will spend a few days in London this time, and I'm pondering perhaps Canterbury and Cambridge, with driving. We have never visited to the east of London.
Another option is Derbyshire and Oxford. Ideally we would do 11 or 12 nights on the ground, coming from the US.
My favorite things are listed above. Which direction might you plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 2 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 4 Use of Train Tickets
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 7 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 10 First Trip to Paris
- 11 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 16 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 US foods not available in the UK
- 19 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 20 Amsterdam and...?
- 21 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 22 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 23 Andalucia Spain
- 24 Whistle stop family road trip
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!