We are planning a trip to England in early autumn. I can't decide where to go.
We love ruins and cathedrals, gardens, wooded scenery, pretty villages, grand houses, seaside scenery. We also love art.
We've been to Yorkshire, the Lake District, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Salisbury, Winchester, the Cotswolds, lots of Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen sites, Bath, Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Liverpool and to London several times.
We will spend a few days in London this time, and I'm pondering perhaps Canterbury and Cambridge, with driving. We have never visited to the east of London.
Another option is Derbyshire and Oxford. Ideally we would do 11 or 12 nights on the ground, coming from the US.
My favorite things are listed above. Which direction might you plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wake Up Mods
- 2 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 3 Greece and Italy Combo
- 4 Which city order makes most sense?
- 5 favorite app for converting US $$
- 6 Trip in September
- 7 SNCF - low price for summer
- 8 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 9 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 10 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 11 Best of Norway
- 12 a week in Lombardia
- 13 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 14 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 15 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 16 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 17 One week in London with kids
- 18 Light weight small converter?
- 19 Positano Surprise
- 20 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 21 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 22 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 23 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 24 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To