We are planning a trip to England in early autumn. I can't decide where to go.
We love ruins and cathedrals, gardens, wooded scenery, pretty villages, grand houses, seaside scenery. We also love art.
We've been to Yorkshire, the Lake District, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Salisbury, Winchester, the Cotswolds, lots of Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen sites, Bath, Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Liverpool and to London several times.
We will spend a few days in London this time, and I'm pondering perhaps Canterbury and Cambridge, with driving. We have never visited to the east of London.
Another option is Derbyshire and Oxford. Ideally we would do 11 or 12 nights on the ground, coming from the US.
My favorite things are listed above. Which direction might you plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 2 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 5 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 6 Revised itinerary for italy
- 7 Bernina Express mid-March
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 where to stay in London?
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 16 Flamenco in October
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 19 4 days itinerary for France
- 20 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 21 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 22 getting to CDG
- 23 A Month stay in Southern France
- 24 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 25 3 days in Ortygia Sicily