We are planning a trip to England in early autumn. I can't decide where to go.
We love ruins and cathedrals, gardens, wooded scenery, pretty villages, grand houses, seaside scenery. We also love art.
We've been to Yorkshire, the Lake District, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Salisbury, Winchester, the Cotswolds, lots of Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen sites, Bath, Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Liverpool and to London several times.
We will spend a few days in London this time, and I'm pondering perhaps Canterbury and Cambridge, with driving. We have never visited to the east of London.
Another option is Derbyshire and Oxford. Ideally we would do 11 or 12 nights on the ground, coming from the US.
My favorite things are listed above. Which direction might you plan for?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 6 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 7 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 8 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 Summer Travel order
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 19 Dijon in December!
- 20 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Overnight trip from Barcelona