I have never been to Europe but have always really wanted to and will finally have an opportunity this summer. My wife and I will be spending a week at a resort in Sicily the first week of July and are hoping to get to spend a week prior to that somewhere else in Europe.
We have no real preference at this point beyond just wanting to enjoy our time. We love to experience different cultures and are also interested in history and/or nature (not real into art/architecture).
My initial thought is to either focus in and around one of the following areas.... London, Barcelona, Paris or possibly Amsterdam or Munich. These are cheaper to fly into for us....
We are definitely on a budget and have no issue visiting smaller areas and staying in small inns/hostiles etc.
I would really appreciate any suggestions for places/areas/regions to visit as well as any other tips or tricks. Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 Poland to Austria In December
- 3 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 4 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 5 Best Neck Pillow
- 6 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 7 Using RenaultUSA.com
- 8 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 Italy travel plan help
- 16 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 17 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 18 Alsace to Austria?
- 19 road trip through scotland
- 20 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 21 Wales
- 22 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 23 Tieks for travel
- 24 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?