I have never been to Europe but have always really wanted to and will finally have an opportunity this summer. My wife and I will be spending a week at a resort in Sicily the first week of July and are hoping to get to spend a week prior to that somewhere else in Europe.
We have no real preference at this point beyond just wanting to enjoy our time. We love to experience different cultures and are also interested in history and/or nature (not real into art/architecture).
My initial thought is to either focus in and around one of the following areas.... London, Barcelona, Paris or possibly Amsterdam or Munich. These are cheaper to fly into for us....
We are definitely on a budget and have no issue visiting smaller areas and staying in small inns/hostiles etc.
I would really appreciate any suggestions for places/areas/regions to visit as well as any other tips or tricks. Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 7 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 8 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 9 Azores
- 10 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 11 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Short Trip in July
- 15 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 16 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 19 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 22 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Sim Card Options
- 25 Greek Islands (small)