We are going to Provence and French Riviera for 7 days this October. We've already booked plane ticket from Bangkok to Paris since it was on promotion. I have a draft of my itinerary and I need some suggestions on it. We are considering flying from Paris to Marseille and back to Paris from Nice since it is a lot faster than taking trains then rent a car for traveling in the region so this is my itinerary.
Day 1 : Marseille and Calanque du Sugiton
Day 2 : Aix-en-Provence
Day 3 : Avignon
Day 4 : Gordes and Roussilon
Day 5 : Arles and Les Baux de Provence or Nimes
Day 6 : Moustiers Sainte Marie and Gorges du Verdon
Day 7 : Nice and Eze
Also, there are some questions I'd like to ask:
1. I don't know how much time we should spend in each Luberon villages like Gordes or Roussillon. Can we fit more than 2 villages in a day?
2. What do you like better in your opinion between Les Baux and Nimes/Pont du Gard seeing that we already plan to go to a lot of villages. Is Les Baux worth it?
3. Which town should we use as a base for this itinerary?
Feel free to suggest. Advices are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nature-renew/
- 2 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 3 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 4 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 5 Engadine Valley help
- 6 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 7 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 8 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 9 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 10 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece
- 12 Italy for Christmas Week
- 13 A Month stay in Southern France
- 14 Shoes in Scotland
- 15 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 16 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 17 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 21 Portugal with large family
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 restaurants in Marais district
- 24 Sicily
- 25 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)