hoping someone can help get me on the right path
I'm going to spend a few days in Ireland driving Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsula (probably only about 4 days- hoping that's plenty!) then planning on taking a ferry over to England to do tour of English countryside. I think i will only have 6 or 7 days to drive in England, but there's so much we want to see. and I can't prioritize!
I wanted to do a bit of a 'literary tour' to see places Jane Austen lived and wrote about as well as Shakespeare's Stratford and Wordsworth's Lake District...want to work in charming old villages and castles along the way.
So far I've been considering the following places- but unsure what's the best to do and what I really have time to do:
Arundel Castle, Pentworth house
Guildford: Chawton and Clandon Park
Stratford upon Avon
Peak District- Chatsworth House and Burghley House
Can anyone give some advice on what's doable within 6-7 days and what on my list i can skip or what i should add?
thanks so much in advance! Always appreciate Fodorites help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Algarve - is it for me?
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Itinery help Crete
- 10 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 11 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 12 16 days in France and Italy
- 13 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 14 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 17 Madrid food advice needed
- 18 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 19 Iceland trip report!
- 20 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 21 Paris for children
- 22 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 23 Naples + Walking Tour
- 24 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 25 Need hotel in Athens