I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 3 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 4 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 5 Poland to Austria In December
- 6 Tracking the Weather
- 7 Thinking about the Fjords
- 8 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 9 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 10 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 13 Globus Iberian Tour
- 14 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 15 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Italy travel plan help
- 18 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Budapest Card
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 road trip through scotland
- 25 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona