I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 2 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 3 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 4 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 9 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 12 Self drive tour companies
- 13 Rouen Tour Companies
- 14 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 15 Andalucia itinerary help
- 16 St Denis Cathedral
- 17 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 20 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 21 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 22 Ireland itinerary help please
- 23 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 24 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 25 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona