I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
- 1 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 15 days in Europe,
- 7 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 8 Madrid to Sevilla
- 9 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 10 More help with housing in Puglia
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 13 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 14 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 15 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 16 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 17 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 7 days in Andalucia
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 first european holiday itinery
- 22 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 23 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 24 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia