I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 2 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 3 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 4 Loire Valley itinerary
- 5 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 6 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 7 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 8 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 9 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 10 Naxos hotel question
- 11 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 12 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
- 13 Poland Tour Group
- 14 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 15 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 16 Europe Itinerary
- 17 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 18 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 19 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 20 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 21 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 22 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 23 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 24 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 25 Currency
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona