I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 2 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 3 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015
- 4 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Where to go in France mid July?
- 7 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 8 Help with England/Wales tour
- 9 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 10 Cruise the River Shannon
- 11 Is Venice really dirty?
- 12 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 13 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 14 Ireland or Scotland
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 16 Italy in October 2015
- 17 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 20 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 trip to norway
- 24 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 25 My notes on Greece 101