I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples or Genoa
- 2 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 3 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 4 Walking Scotland
- 5 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 6 Help with itinerary
- 7 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 8 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 9 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 10 I forgot my international driver permit
- 11 Daytime or Sunset Cruise in Santorini
- 12 Bordeaux TRIP
- 13 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 14 Den Bosch vs nearby towns? Daytrip from Eindhoven
- 15 August - Barge Racing in Friesland
- 16 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 17 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 18 2 Weeks 3 Cities
- 19 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 20 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 21 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 22 England and Wales by public transport
- 23 International Friends Tour
- 24 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 25 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona