I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel advice
- 2 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 3 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 4 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 5 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 6 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 7 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 8 London with kids
- 9 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 10 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 11 Best Route Belmonte to Pinhao
- 12 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 13 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 14 Pousadas in Portugal
- 15 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 16 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 17 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 18 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 19 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 20 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 21 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 22 Flight Cost to Athens
- 23 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 24 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona