I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 2 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 3 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 4 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 5 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 6 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 9 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday
- 10 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 11 What to wear
- 12 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 13 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 14 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 19 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 20 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 21 Stay near Paris
- 22 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 23 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 24 Oktoberfest reservations
- 25 Trip to Italy with teenagers