I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Questions...
- 2 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 3 From London to Italy - where to go?
- 4 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 6 Holding bags in Paris
- 7 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 8 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 9 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 10 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 11 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 12 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 13 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 14 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 15 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 16 SIXT car rental uk
- 17 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 18 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 19 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 20 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 21 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 22 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 23 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 24 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 25 Greek island cruise or self tour
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona