I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 2 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 3 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 4 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 5 England/EPL family vacation
- 6 4 Months in Europe
- 7 Never To Return
- 8 Tipping in the UK
- 9 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 10 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 11 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 12 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 13 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 14 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 15 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 16 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 17 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 18 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 19 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 20 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 21 London city Best option for transit
- 22 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 23 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 24 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 25 Lucerne Switzerland