I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 2 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 3 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 4 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 5 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 6 Lavender Fields
- 7 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 8 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 9 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 10 Nice Video about Poland
- 11 Where to stay in Rome
- 12 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 13 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 14 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 15 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 16 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 17 Munich
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 20 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 21 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 22 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 23 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 24 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 25 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday