I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
- 1 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 2 Venice apartments
- 3 First night after arriving in Milan
- 4 Suggestions for France Italy
- 5 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 6 East coast trains
- 7 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 8 Foggia Day Trip
- 9 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 10 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 11 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 12 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 13 10 days in Poland 7/1-12/13
- 14 15 days in Central Europe
- 15 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 16 Car hire across borders
- 17 Bank of England Museum
- 18 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 19 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 20 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 21 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 22 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 23 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 24 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 25 Which tour company would be best?