I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 2 Luggage sizing
- 3 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 4 Moving to Belfast
- 5 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 6 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 7 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 8 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 9 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 12 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 13 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 14 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 15 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 16 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 17 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 18 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 19 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 20 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 21 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 22 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 23 Scuol, Switzerland
- 24 2 Weeks in Paris
- 25 Madrid - Bernina Express