I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 Rome to Amafi coast
- 4 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 6 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 7 Where to stay on Lake Como with Car
- 8 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 9 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 10 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 11 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 12 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 13 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 14 Terrorism in Europe
- 15 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 16 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 17 Language Camp ANTALYA
- 18 How much luggage?????
- 19 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 20 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 21 Cornwall or Paris?
- 22 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 23 Help with France itinerary
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Help neede with Liquria itinerary