I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 3 Italy Car Scam
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 Iceland early december visit
- 9 Paris to Italy
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 God Save the Queen?
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 8 Days in Spain
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 Milan or Turin
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 22 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 25 Frankfurt to UK
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona