I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome-Positano RT rental car/bus/train
- 2 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 3 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 4 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 5 Milan tours
- 6 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 7 Flight Cost to Athens
- 8 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 9 Day Trip near Paris
- 10 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 11 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 12 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 13 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 14 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 15 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 16 Lake Maggiore
- 17 Despite the fact that according to my amigos private
- 18 Bootcut jeans
- 19 Cadiz during Carnival? Other suggestions...
- 20 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 21 Amsterdam Transit
- 22 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 23 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 24 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 25 UK train question
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona