I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 11 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 12 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 13 15 days in Europe,
- 14 Medieval Tallinn
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 17 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 18 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 19 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 20 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 21 Spain - Andalucia
- 22 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 23 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 24 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia