I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Garda Land
- 2 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 3 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 4 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 5 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 6 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 7 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 8 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 12 mountain views near London
- 13 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 14 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 15 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 16 2 weeks Europe trip
- 17 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 18 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 19 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 20 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 21 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 22 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 23 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 24 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 25 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona