I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 3 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 4 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 5 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 6 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 7 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 8 Advices about our itiniary
- 9 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 10 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 11 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 12 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 13 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 14 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 15 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 16 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 17 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 18 Stroller in Europe
- 19 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 20 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 21 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 22 Car rental leaving Rome
- 23 NEED HELP PLANNING SPAIN ITINERARY
- 24 Why Not Helsinki?
- 25 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona