I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 2 4 days in switzerland
- 3 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 4 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 5 European Cooking Secrets
- 6 Basque country ideas
- 7 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 8 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 9 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 10 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 11 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 12 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 13 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 14 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 15 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 16 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 17 First trip to Italy
- 18 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 19 Travel vs. Babies
- 20 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 21 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 22 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 23 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 24 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 25 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona