I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
- 1 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 2 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 3 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 4 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 5 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 6 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 7 Istanbul hotels
- 8 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 9 2 Week European Itinerary
- 10 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 16 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 17 More help with housing in Puglia
- 18 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 19 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 20 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Channel Islands
- 23 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 24 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 25 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?