I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 2 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 3 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 4 Hotel in Venice
- 5 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 6 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 A drive in Europe
- 9 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 10 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 11 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 12 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 13 train to Vernon France
- 14 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 15 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 18 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 22 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 23 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 24 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 25 please help with itinerary in sicily