I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay near Paris
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 4 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 7 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 8 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 9 Pronunciation
- 10 Monet in Normandy
- 11 Dublin Tour Companies
- 12 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 16 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 17 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 18 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 19 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 22 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 23 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 24 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 25 What to wear