I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 Madrid to Sevilla
- 3 Greek islands from Turkey
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 6 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 7 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 8 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 9 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 10 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 11 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 Italian Lakes gardens
- 14 First time traveler to Ireland
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 18 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 19 Dresden Train Station
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Novels set in Greece
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report