I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
- 1 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 2 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 3 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 4 Spain Travel
- 5 Itinerary Questions
- 6 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 7 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 8 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 9 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 12 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 13 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 14 A full week in The Netherlands
- 15 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 16 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 21 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 22 Lake como
- 23 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 24 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report