I need help with planning a trip in Barcelona, Costa Brava, Girona and possibly San Sebastian if enough time. My husband and I are mid and late 30's and have 7 days to explore. My thought is to rent a car after a week in Barcelona for a business trip, and drive north to one of the lovely village towns in the Costa Brava for 2-3 nights and continue north to Girona for another 2-3 nights, returning the car in Girona (if possible) and take the train back into Barcelona Thursday evening to catch our flight Friday morning back to New York. We could also skip Girona and head straight to San Sebastian an an option. Not sure all 3 places are doable. I have heard the Costa Brava is simply gorgeous with room for lots of exploring, so not sure if the trip west to San Sebastian is worth it? We are looking for mostly relaxation and not too much driving on this trip, although I understand the distance from Barcelona to Girona is only an hour so that's completely fine! As long as we aren't driving 4-5 hours at a time we are open to anything. Our only request is we stay a minimum of 2 nights regardless. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated also. Thanks!!
Question: Is the train station close to the Barcelona airport or should we simply drive back to Barcelona and return the car to the airport the morning of our flight, at 10:50am.?
Need suggestions for 7 day Itinerary starting in Barcelona
- 1 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 2 Train travel in Europe
- 3 Prague Main Train Station
- 4 Itinerary Questions
- 5 Place to propose
- 6 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 7 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 8 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 11 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 12 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 13 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 14 Lake como
- 15 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 18 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 19 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 20 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 21 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 22 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- 23 Three for the road
- 24 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 25 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?