We ( a 30+ couple with a 4 yr old) are going to Spain at for the last 2 weeks of May and visiting Madrid and Barcelona. It’s super special trip to mark our 10 th year of marriage!
We will be staying with some friends in Madrid from 19-23 and then go to Barcelona on 24. We fly back home on 1 June from Madrid airport.
Need help with the following:
1.We want to do one more stop in Spain (or nearby country!) but can’t decide where to go after Barcelona (28-31) . Does Seville sound logical?
2. I have been told that driving in Madrid and around Spain is easy and economical while DH is reluctant to drive in foreign land (we have never rented cars while travelling). Is it worth experimenting or are the trains and local transports in these cities good enough?
3.Want to stay in apartments in Barcelona….any suggestion?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 2 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Paris Metro
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 8 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 9 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 10 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 11 A good book!!
- 12 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 13 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 14 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 CDG airport and connection time
- 19 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 20 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 21 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 22 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 23 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 24 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 25 getting to CDG