My husband and I will be in Ghana Africa for 2 weeks from June 1st - June 12. We've extended out layover on our return home (California) in London for 6 extra days, so we'll be in Europe from June 13 - June 19.
We'd like to spend 2-3 days toward the end of our trip in London since we'll be flying out of Heathrow airport, but we'd like to explore outside of London, perhaps another country for the first 2-3 days.
We've thought of taking the train to Belgium, France or Switzerland OR going the other direction to Ireland. Really not too sure what would be the best use of our time, since it's only 2-3 days.
We're pretty chill people, would love to see some history and some unique places. We're not real big city type people and will get enough of that in London we're thinking.
ANY suggestions would be AWESOME!! Our trip is coming up FAST and we're just a little confused on where else to visit. We have friends who recommend Switzerland, but will it take too much of our time to get there from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Coastal Denmark
- 3 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 4 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 5 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 base for Andalucia
- 8 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 14 Apartment in Rome
- 15 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 18 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Flea markets in Romania
- 22 car rental
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Cinque Terre - mid Oct 2017 -Ferry? Train? Car Parks?
- 25 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest