My husband and I will be in Ghana Africa for 2 weeks from June 1st - June 12. We've extended out layover on our return home (California) in London for 6 extra days, so we'll be in Europe from June 13 - June 19.
We'd like to spend 2-3 days toward the end of our trip in London since we'll be flying out of Heathrow airport, but we'd like to explore outside of London, perhaps another country for the first 2-3 days.
We've thought of taking the train to Belgium, France or Switzerland OR going the other direction to Ireland. Really not too sure what would be the best use of our time, since it's only 2-3 days.
We're pretty chill people, would love to see some history and some unique places. We're not real big city type people and will get enough of that in London we're thinking.
ANY suggestions would be AWESOME!! Our trip is coming up FAST and we're just a little confused on where else to visit. We have friends who recommend Switzerland, but will it take too much of our time to get there from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 2 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 3 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 4 2017 Easter in Italy
- 5 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 8 Towersey, London
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 Croatia transportation question.
- 11 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 12 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 17 Westerplatte
- 18 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 19 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 20 Cutback on Spain trip
- 21 Bernina Express mid-March
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 Biarritz family holiday
- 25 Ireland hotel questions