My husband and I will be in Ghana Africa for 2 weeks from June 1st - June 12. We've extended out layover on our return home (California) in London for 6 extra days, so we'll be in Europe from June 13 - June 19.
We'd like to spend 2-3 days toward the end of our trip in London since we'll be flying out of Heathrow airport, but we'd like to explore outside of London, perhaps another country for the first 2-3 days.
We've thought of taking the train to Belgium, France or Switzerland OR going the other direction to Ireland. Really not too sure what would be the best use of our time, since it's only 2-3 days.
We're pretty chill people, would love to see some history and some unique places. We're not real big city type people and will get enough of that in London we're thinking.
ANY suggestions would be AWESOME!! Our trip is coming up FAST and we're just a little confused on where else to visit. We have friends who recommend Switzerland, but will it take too much of our time to get there from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 9 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 10 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 11 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Zurich to Milan trip
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 16 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 21 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 24 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 25 Destination ideas for 88 year old