My husband and I will be in Ghana Africa for 2 weeks from June 1st - June 12. We've extended out layover on our return home (California) in London for 6 extra days, so we'll be in Europe from June 13 - June 19.
We'd like to spend 2-3 days toward the end of our trip in London since we'll be flying out of Heathrow airport, but we'd like to explore outside of London, perhaps another country for the first 2-3 days.
We've thought of taking the train to Belgium, France or Switzerland OR going the other direction to Ireland. Really not too sure what would be the best use of our time, since it's only 2-3 days.
We're pretty chill people, would love to see some history and some unique places. We're not real big city type people and will get enough of that in London we're thinking.
ANY suggestions would be AWESOME!! Our trip is coming up FAST and we're just a little confused on where else to visit. We have friends who recommend Switzerland, but will it take too much of our time to get there from London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London in Winter Report
- 2 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 5 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 10 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 11 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 12 Montserrat Express
- 13 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 14 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 15 International drivers permit
- 16 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 17 Places to stop/stay?
- 18 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 19 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 20 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 21 ATM help
- 22 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 23 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 24 Visit to Sardinia
- 25 Car Rentals in Ireland