I will hopefully be staying 1-2 nights in Florence in February and maybe the same amount of time in Venice if I have time. I have visited both places before, but only for a short time a long time ago, so I can't remember where we stayed. This time I will be travelling solo. As long as the hotel is fairly central, clean, safe, bug free, at least one step above a hostel, cheap (under E100 a night), I'm fine. I will be visiting DD, SIL and GS in Milan for a month while a new baby arrives. I thought a few days away will give us a break from each other, and give them time to get used to the new baby without me being there. It would also give me a chance to re-visit places I loved 1st time round.
Need recommendation for budget hotels in Florence and Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Pin
- 2 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 3 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 4 What Bus/buses
- 5 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 6 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 7 Ghent or Paris?
- 8 How many days to spend in Bruges?
- 9 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 10 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 11 Venice - boats on canals
- 12 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 13 Need help with six day itinerary in Ireland
- 14 Parking in Milan
- 15 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 16 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 17 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 18 What's the difference between Rugby Union and Rugby Leauge?
- 19 Need help with transfer from FCO To Vatican City
- 20 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 21 Please help with itinerary...
- 22 Cooking classes in Paris - Cook n' with Class or La Cuisine?
- 23 last half day - Chinese garden or east side gallery?
- 24 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 25 Which area in Venice for 3 nights