I will hopefully be staying 1-2 nights in Florence in February and maybe the same amount of time in Venice if I have time. I have visited both places before, but only for a short time a long time ago, so I can't remember where we stayed. This time I will be travelling solo. As long as the hotel is fairly central, clean, safe, bug free, at least one step above a hostel, cheap (under E100 a night), I'm fine. I will be visiting DD, SIL and GS in Milan for a month while a new baby arrives. I thought a few days away will give us a break from each other, and give them time to get used to the new baby without me being there. It would also give me a chance to re-visit places I loved 1st time round.
Need recommendation for budget hotels in Florence and Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 2 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 3 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 4 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 5 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 6 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 7 Cylades Island Hopping
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 10 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 11 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 12 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 13 Scuol, Switzerland
- 14 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 15 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 16 Iwango went…to Nice
- 17 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 18 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 19 5 Observations About Paris
- 20 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 21 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 22 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 23 Taormina Sicily
- 24 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 25 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier