I will hopefully be staying 1-2 nights in Florence in February and maybe the same amount of time in Venice if I have time. I have visited both places before, but only for a short time a long time ago, so I can't remember where we stayed. This time I will be travelling solo. As long as the hotel is fairly central, clean, safe, bug free, at least one step above a hostel, cheap (under E100 a night), I'm fine. I will be visiting DD, SIL and GS in Milan for a month while a new baby arrives. I thought a few days away will give us a break from each other, and give them time to get used to the new baby without me being there. It would also give me a chance to re-visit places I loved 1st time round.
Need recommendation for budget hotels in Florence and Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 2 What to wear
- 3 german rail ticket question
- 4 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 5 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 6 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 7 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 Prague flea markets
- 10 Tipping in Greece
- 11 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 12 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 13 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 14 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 15 Timing a river cruise
- 16 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 17 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 18 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 19 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 20 flea markets in France
- 21 I need a haircut
- 22 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 23 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 24 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 25 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??