So sorry I just posted this note but failed to properly tag it, so I am re-doing it here to get the most help. Please excuse the double-post.
We will be bringing our four children [ages 8-14] for their first trip to Europe this fall. The best non-stop flights I could find out of Washington DC would put us in Paris on 9/17 and flying home from Rome on 10/28. I'm thinking something like the first 6 days in Paris, then travel to Madrid on days 7-10, stay in Madrid [plus daytrips out] days 10-16. Barcelona for days 17-23, travel French Riviera for days 24 to 28, then on to Italy. We would have days 29 through 42 to visit Rome, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and so on.
What do you think? Is this too ambitious? Any recommendations for mode of travel Paris to Madrid? Barcelona to Italy, is a rental car feasible for this route? Any not-to-be-missed towns or sights along the way?
Also, we have a special interest in youth circus. Do you know of any youth circus schools somewhere on, or not too far off of, our route?
We would love some help with accommodations and sight seeing recommendations in any/all of these cities. With 6 people [and a few food issues] we prefer an apartment for anyplace that we will stay awhile. We also need to plan an itinerary for our time in Italy, arriving approx. 10/15 and ending in Rome on 10/28
Thanks for any help you can give us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 2 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 3 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 4 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 5 Top Tapas Tascas
- 6 Iceland car rental agencies
- 7 Amalfi coast in august
- 8 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 9 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Venice? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Greece
- 12 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 13 Iceland france spain
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 17 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 18 Hiking lake Como
- 19 Prem fares (again)
- 20 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 23 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 24 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 25 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
Need planning help trip from Paris-Madrid-Barcelona-French Riviera-Italy