So sorry I just posted this note but failed to properly tag it, so I am re-doing it here to get the most help. Please excuse the double-post.
We will be bringing our four children [ages 8-14] for their first trip to Europe this fall. The best non-stop flights I could find out of Washington DC would put us in Paris on 9/17 and flying home from Rome on 10/28. I'm thinking something like the first 6 days in Paris, then travel to Madrid on days 7-10, stay in Madrid [plus daytrips out] days 10-16. Barcelona for days 17-23, travel French Riviera for days 24 to 28, then on to Italy. We would have days 29 through 42 to visit Rome, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and so on.
What do you think? Is this too ambitious? Any recommendations for mode of travel Paris to Madrid? Barcelona to Italy, is a rental car feasible for this route? Any not-to-be-missed towns or sights along the way?
Also, we have a special interest in youth circus. Do you know of any youth circus schools somewhere on, or not too far off of, our route?
We would love some help with accommodations and sight seeing recommendations in any/all of these cities. With 6 people [and a few food issues] we prefer an apartment for anyplace that we will stay awhile. We also need to plan an itinerary for our time in Italy, arriving approx. 10/15 and ending in Rome on 10/28
Thanks for any help you can give us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Killarney
- 3 Dog friendly hotels
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Greek fuel cost
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Walking itinerary in England?
- 8 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 9 First time in Bulgaria
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Cambridge in May
- 15 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 18 Madrid/Lisbon
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 21 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 22 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 23 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 24 Day trips from Florence
- 25 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
Need planning help trip from Paris-Madrid-Barcelona-French Riviera-Italy