So sorry I just posted this note but failed to properly tag it, so I am re-doing it here to get the most help. Please excuse the double-post.
We will be bringing our four children [ages 8-14] for their first trip to Europe this fall. The best non-stop flights I could find out of Washington DC would put us in Paris on 9/17 and flying home from Rome on 10/28. I'm thinking something like the first 6 days in Paris, then travel to Madrid on days 7-10, stay in Madrid [plus daytrips out] days 10-16. Barcelona for days 17-23, travel French Riviera for days 24 to 28, then on to Italy. We would have days 29 through 42 to visit Rome, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and so on.
What do you think? Is this too ambitious? Any recommendations for mode of travel Paris to Madrid? Barcelona to Italy, is a rental car feasible for this route? Any not-to-be-missed towns or sights along the way?
Also, we have a special interest in youth circus. Do you know of any youth circus schools somewhere on, or not too far off of, our route?
We would love some help with accommodations and sight seeing recommendations in any/all of these cities. With 6 people [and a few food issues] we prefer an apartment for anyplace that we will stay awhile. We also need to plan an itinerary for our time in Italy, arriving approx. 10/15 and ending in Rome on 10/28
Thanks for any help you can give us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 7 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 8 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 9 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 10 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 11 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 12 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 13 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 16 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 17 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 18 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 19 Bruges
- 20 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 21 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 22 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 23 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 24 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 25 Planning A trip
Need planning help trip from Paris-Madrid-Barcelona-French Riviera-Italy