Good Morning All
One thing that I have noticed in your responses to others with trip questions is "Tell us when/where you will be and we will help you plan". Sounds good to me!!
First please know that I understand that 7 days is not nearly enough to be trying to cover this much territory. Also, Next March we will do a 10 day thing to Milan and north to Interlaken area. OK -- here goes.
We leave Dallas on Nov 19th. Arrive in Zurich at 8AM on 20th. Get on train and go down thru Switzerland for a couple of nights winding up in Innsbruck on nite of 22nd, Salzburg on 23rd and 24th, on to Vienna for 25th and 26th, flying out of Vienna on morning of 27th to make connections in Zurich for the return flight to Dallas on 27th.
The problem (or at least one of them) is Switzerland. Considering we will have the days and nites of the 20th and 21st to spend in Switzerland, and considering we would like as much mountain scenery as possible, where or what would you recommend to fill our two very short days in Switzerland so we wind up sometime on day three in Innsbruck?
Austria will include sightseeing, some shopping (maybe at Xmas markets?), perhaps a castle or two and general hanging out.
All I have been working with are your suggestions to other posters and a rather large road map for Switzerland. Any help and suggestions (other than stay home) will be appreciated. Thanx.
Need Major Guidance on Switzerland Trip
Good Morning All
- 1 Public transport from Ostuni
- 2 Spain Travel
- 3 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 4 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 5 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 Itinerary Questions
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 11 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 12 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 13 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 14 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 15 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 16 A full week in The Netherlands
- 17 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 18 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 23 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 24 Lake como
- 25 Sagrada Familia - which tower?