I'm planning a trip to Spain & Portugal for 2 weeks in early October. We're 2 girls, both Spain first-timers. Here's the general itinerary:
Day 1 Departing from our country, layover etc.
Day 2 Arriving in Barcelona, plan to spend 1 night here to rest
Day 3 To Madrid by train
Day 4 Madrid
Day 5 Madrid
Day 6 To Lisbon by train
Day 7 Lisbon
Day 8 Lisbon
Day 9 To Valencia by plane
Day 10 Valencia
Day 11 Valencia
Day 12 To Barcelona by train
Day 13 Barcelona
Day 14 Barcelona
Day 15 Going back home with a stopover in Helsinki (I think possible to do day tour)
What kind of weather we should expect when traveling around this time of year?
We plan to leave our luggage (nothing valuable, mostly empty for bringing back souvenirs on our way back home) at a locker facility in Barcelona on Day 3 before we leave for Madrid (we are very light packer and we'd hate to draw attention to ourselves while traipsing around). Any comments from travelers who have done this?
We just want to soak up the sights and eat. We want to stay at places closest to most attractions, any recommendation for Madrid, Lisbon, and Valencia? (In Barcelona we plan to stay near the Gothic quarter).
Specific places we plan to visit are the Palmeral in Elche, probably a day trip by train while in Valencia, and the Dali museum in Figueres, also a day trip by train while in Barcelona.
Any thoughts / comments / suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 4 2 days in Florence
- 5 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 6 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 7 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 8 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 9 base for Andalucia
- 10 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 13 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 14 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?