I'm planning a trip to Spain & Portugal for 2 weeks in early October. We're 2 girls, both Spain first-timers. Here's the general itinerary:
Day 1 Departing from our country, layover etc.
Day 2 Arriving in Barcelona, plan to spend 1 night here to rest
Day 3 To Madrid by train
Day 4 Madrid
Day 5 Madrid
Day 6 To Lisbon by train
Day 7 Lisbon
Day 8 Lisbon
Day 9 To Valencia by plane
Day 10 Valencia
Day 11 Valencia
Day 12 To Barcelona by train
Day 13 Barcelona
Day 14 Barcelona
Day 15 Going back home with a stopover in Helsinki (I think possible to do day tour)
What kind of weather we should expect when traveling around this time of year?
We plan to leave our luggage (nothing valuable, mostly empty for bringing back souvenirs on our way back home) at a locker facility in Barcelona on Day 3 before we leave for Madrid (we are very light packer and we'd hate to draw attention to ourselves while traipsing around). Any comments from travelers who have done this?
We just want to soak up the sights and eat. We want to stay at places closest to most attractions, any recommendation for Madrid, Lisbon, and Valencia? (In Barcelona we plan to stay near the Gothic quarter).
Specific places we plan to visit are the Palmeral in Elche, probably a day trip by train while in Valencia, and the Dali museum in Figueres, also a day trip by train while in Barcelona.
Any thoughts / comments / suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 2 auto europa or auto europe?
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Venice/Mestre
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 9 8 Days in Spain
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 16 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 17 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Paris to Italy
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 24 Amsterdam
- 25 travel to prague, vienna and munich