I'm planning a trip to Spain & Portugal for 2 weeks in early October. We're 2 girls, both Spain first-timers. Here's the general itinerary:
Day 1 Departing from our country, layover etc.
Day 2 Arriving in Barcelona, plan to spend 1 night here to rest
Day 3 To Madrid by train
Day 4 Madrid
Day 5 Madrid
Day 6 To Lisbon by train
Day 7 Lisbon
Day 8 Lisbon
Day 9 To Valencia by plane
Day 10 Valencia
Day 11 Valencia
Day 12 To Barcelona by train
Day 13 Barcelona
Day 14 Barcelona
Day 15 Going back home with a stopover in Helsinki (I think possible to do day tour)
What kind of weather we should expect when traveling around this time of year?
We plan to leave our luggage (nothing valuable, mostly empty for bringing back souvenirs on our way back home) at a locker facility in Barcelona on Day 3 before we leave for Madrid (we are very light packer and we'd hate to draw attention to ourselves while traipsing around). Any comments from travelers who have done this?
We just want to soak up the sights and eat. We want to stay at places closest to most attractions, any recommendation for Madrid, Lisbon, and Valencia? (In Barcelona we plan to stay near the Gothic quarter).
Specific places we plan to visit are the Palmeral in Elche, probably a day trip by train while in Valencia, and the Dali museum in Figueres, also a day trip by train while in Barcelona.
Any thoughts / comments / suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hot mail Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 24 hours in Paris
- 4 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 7 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 8 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 9 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 10 tickets for Wimbledon
- 11 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 12 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 15 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 16 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 17 Happy birthday ATM
- 18 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 19 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 20 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 21 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan