I'm planning a trip to Spain & Portugal for 2 weeks in early October. We're 2 girls, both Spain first-timers. Here's the general itinerary:
Day 1 Departing from our country, layover etc.
Day 2 Arriving in Barcelona, plan to spend 1 night here to rest
Day 3 To Madrid by train
Day 4 Madrid
Day 5 Madrid
Day 6 To Lisbon by train
Day 7 Lisbon
Day 8 Lisbon
Day 9 To Valencia by plane
Day 10 Valencia
Day 11 Valencia
Day 12 To Barcelona by train
Day 13 Barcelona
Day 14 Barcelona
Day 15 Going back home with a stopover in Helsinki (I think possible to do day tour)
What kind of weather we should expect when traveling around this time of year?
We plan to leave our luggage (nothing valuable, mostly empty for bringing back souvenirs on our way back home) at a locker facility in Barcelona on Day 3 before we leave for Madrid (we are very light packer and we'd hate to draw attention to ourselves while traipsing around). Any comments from travelers who have done this?
We just want to soak up the sights and eat. We want to stay at places closest to most attractions, any recommendation for Madrid, Lisbon, and Valencia? (In Barcelona we plan to stay near the Gothic quarter).
Specific places we plan to visit are the Palmeral in Elche, probably a day trip by train while in Valencia, and the Dali museum in Figueres, also a day trip by train while in Barcelona.
Any thoughts / comments / suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 11 Towersey, London
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Amalfi Coast help
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 18 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden