Dear fellow travelers!
Need help. We love travelling and this time we have a 'rush trip' planned covering Europe - only to get a 'snapshot' view and following this trip we will do a more 'concentrated' trip later.
We live in New Zealand, Auckland
I have a friend in Hetherw ( England) .
My daughter (15 yr old) and I ( mid 40's) love travelling. And she got only 14 days high school holiday in winter in NZ ( when it is summer in Europe) in August.
And we got limited $ and time to spend so we need advise/tips to travel cheap and thought backpacking in cities ( preferably near train stations) and spend there around on a quick city tour rather ( possibly spending only a night in a backpacker place you advise visiting one city or 2 x cities if they are near by each other ) during our first holiday in Europe. We are aware we only may get a quick snapshot of visit to cities, main places or so there around and then back to sleep to prepare for the following day .
A) How do you think if this is possible/practicable
Of course, it's not quite a 'holiday' but first need to get a quick 'impression' of cities and then on our second round we'll choose cities we'd like spending a 'holiday' and will take few days to spend.
B) Is Euro rail the cheaper way to travel on Global pass for 15 days in Europe and cover as many as countries ( heard it takes us to 24 countries ) in our first trip?
C) Anybody traveled Europe ( covering many cities/countries) in 15 days, if it is not possible to do all 24 countries in 15 days ? Where what cities/how did you do it / what was the transport?/where did you spend night, anyone has a blog 'travel blog' with itinirary for us to use as a 'guide' to visit as many as cities possible?
D) How would you suggest to start /end ?. We are flexible!
E)We are very excited and would like knowing where what we can do/where to stay and and how much approx etc ietc, if any youth hostels or similar 'backpacking' places near by train stations, if we backpack how much we need to spend?
F) after buying Euro rail pass, it says 'reservations' attracts another fee ?
G)Could you advise us a suggestions preferable route to take to cover 15 days travel ie, cover as many as cities we can ( no matter where/when as we have not been anywhere) and places to stay etc (near by stations) so we can save money on bus/train too.
So ours will be like a oneway trip but round the Europe starting and ending Hethrew if possible? If it's not we can start anywhere, France/Italy or so, we can do it
We really appreciate your time and if you can shed/ send us some helpful suggestions/tips/hints too that'd be great.
Need ideas to visit Europe (cities only) in 15 days 15 cities??
Dear fellow travelers!
- 1 Italian Lakes gardens
- 2 Greek islands from Turkey
- 3 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 4 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 5 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 TGV and Provence questions
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 10 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 11 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 12 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 13 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 14 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 Madrid to Sevilla
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 20 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 21 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 22 First time traveler to Ireland
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg