Dear fellow travelers!
Need help. We love travelling and this time we have a 'rush trip' planned covering Europe - only to get a 'snapshot' view and following this trip we will do a more 'concentrated' trip later.
We live in New Zealand, Auckland
I have a friend in Hetherw ( England) .
My daughter (15 yr old) and I ( mid 40's) love travelling. And she got only 14 days high school holiday in winter in NZ ( when it is summer in Europe) in August.
And we got limited $ and time to spend so we need advise/tips to travel cheap and thought backpacking in cities ( preferably near train stations) and spend there around on a quick city tour rather ( possibly spending only a night in a backpacker place you advise visiting one city or 2 x cities if they are near by each other ) during our first holiday in Europe. We are aware we only may get a quick snapshot of visit to cities, main places or so there around and then back to sleep to prepare for the following day .
A) How do you think if this is possible/practicable
Of course, it's not quite a 'holiday' but first need to get a quick 'impression' of cities and then on our second round we'll choose cities we'd like spending a 'holiday' and will take few days to spend.
B) Is Euro rail the cheaper way to travel on Global pass for 15 days in Europe and cover as many as countries ( heard it takes us to 24 countries ) in our first trip?
C) Anybody traveled Europe ( covering many cities/countries) in 15 days, if it is not possible to do all 24 countries in 15 days ? Where what cities/how did you do it / what was the transport?/where did you spend night, anyone has a blog 'travel blog' with itinirary for us to use as a 'guide' to visit as many as cities possible?
D) How would you suggest to start /end ?. We are flexible!
E)We are very excited and would like knowing where what we can do/where to stay and and how much approx etc ietc, if any youth hostels or similar 'backpacking' places near by train stations, if we backpack how much we need to spend?
F) after buying Euro rail pass, it says 'reservations' attracts another fee ?
G)Could you advise us a suggestions preferable route to take to cover 15 days travel ie, cover as many as cities we can ( no matter where/when as we have not been anywhere) and places to stay etc (near by stations) so we can save money on bus/train too.
So ours will be like a oneway trip but round the Europe starting and ending Hethrew if possible? If it's not we can start anywhere, France/Italy or so, we can do it
We really appreciate your time and if you can shed/ send us some helpful suggestions/tips/hints too that'd be great.
Need ideas to visit Europe (cities only) in 15 days 15 cities??
Dear fellow travelers!
- 1 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 2 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 3 Germany and Italy
- 4 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 5 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 6 Car rental
- 7 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 8 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 9 Which tour company would be best?
- 10 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 11 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 12 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 13 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 14 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 15 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 16 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 17 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 18 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 19 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 20 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 21 London at Xmas
- 22 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 23 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 24 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 25 Hotel question...first time to Paris!