Let's do this again...
My friend and I are going to South West France from March 23-April 6.
We are traveling via a rental car and staying at hotels,auberges,and gites.
If you have been to this area and have any suggestions for what to do and see please- please leave a comment.
So far here's a rough itinerary of our trip;
1)Arrive in Toulouse
2)Travel to Auch (stay for 3 days)
- visit my friend's family
- see the cathedral, climb the famous staircase to the statue of d'artagnan.
3) Head over to Millau (stay for 3 days)
-do the touristy thing in Millau (buy one of their famous gloves) check the city out
-visit the Tarn Gorges
-go to Chaos de Montpelier,hike around the area
-on our way to Carcassone visit Grotte de Demoiselles
4)Carcasonne (1 day)
-see the famous castle
-check the local museums
5)Ax Les Thermes (3 days)
- Relax at one of the local hot springs
- Do some hiking
- Visit the Cave paintings in Niaux
-If time permits take a bus to Andorra
6) Toulouse (1 day)
-Do some light sight seeing
-Get ready for our flight back to US
*Le me know what you think*
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 2 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 5 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 6 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 7 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 8 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 9 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 12 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 13 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 14 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 16 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 17 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 18 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 19 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 22 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 23 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 24 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 25 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
Let's do this again...