I am traveling from San Diego, CA to Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome in July/August for 16 days with my 20 year old daughter. I would love hotel suggestions and help with my itinerary. I am looking at 4 star hotels ($150 or less per night ). I know it will be hot, so a/c is a must and would also like to be centrally located to attractions, etc. I have spent hours reading guide books, internet browsing, reading others comments on this site and am overwhelmed, so would love some help! Trying to decide if I should book hotel/airfare separately or is it cheaper to book it all together on sites like Expedia, etc. Any other comments regarding my itinerary would also be appreciated!
July 27-31 Paris (4 nights). Fly from San Diego to Paris (would like to stay in St. Germain area) Hotel Clement looks nice
July 31-Aug 2 Venice (2 nights). Fly from Paris to Venice (stay in St. Marks or Dorsoduro?)
Aug 2-6 Florence (4 nights). Take train from Venice to Florence (would love to day trip to Tuscany/Siena/Chianti wine tasting)
Aug 6-12 Rome (6 nights). Take train from Florence to Rome (would like to stay in Piazza Navona/Campo de Fiori areas)
Aug 12 Fly home Rome to San Diego
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 2 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 3 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 4 Happy birthday ATM
- 5 tickets for Wimbledon
- 6 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 7 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 8 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 11 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 12 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 13 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 14 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 19 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 20 Spain - day driver advice
- 21 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 22 London with Teens Trip Report
- 23 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 24 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 25 Lake Como AREA questions
Need hotel/itinerary suggestions for Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome