I am traveling from San Diego, CA to Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome in July/August for 16 days with my 20 year old daughter. I would love hotel suggestions and help with my itinerary. I am looking at 4 star hotels ($150 or less per night ). I know it will be hot, so a/c is a must and would also like to be centrally located to attractions, etc. I have spent hours reading guide books, internet browsing, reading others comments on this site and am overwhelmed, so would love some help! Trying to decide if I should book hotel/airfare separately or is it cheaper to book it all together on sites like Expedia, etc. Any other comments regarding my itinerary would also be appreciated!
July 27-31 Paris (4 nights). Fly from San Diego to Paris (would like to stay in St. Germain area) Hotel Clement looks nice
July 31-Aug 2 Venice (2 nights). Fly from Paris to Venice (stay in St. Marks or Dorsoduro?)
Aug 2-6 Florence (4 nights). Take train from Venice to Florence (would love to day trip to Tuscany/Siena/Chianti wine tasting)
Aug 6-12 Rome (6 nights). Take train from Florence to Rome (would like to stay in Piazza Navona/Campo de Fiori areas)
Aug 12 Fly home Rome to San Diego
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 2 Sim Card Options
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 5 38 Days in Paris
- 6 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Day trip ideas
- 10 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 11 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 12 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 13 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 14 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 15 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 16 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 17 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 18 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Things to do in Brussels
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
Need hotel/itinerary suggestions for Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome