I am in the process of planning a surprise trip for my parents 25th wedding anniversary (they are 55 and 62, and in good health). The trip is a total of 10 days in April, 5 of which will be spent in the Tuscany area. They will be spending a few days in Rome, heading to Tuscany, spending 2 days in Florence, then the last day in Venice (as they fly out of there). I have hired a private tour guide to take them around Tuscany for 2 days out of their stay. I booked a reservation at Villa Armena (http://www.villaarmena.com/en/13/homepage.aspx), which is an absolutely beautiful accommodation, with rave reviews; however, two of the tour guides I consulted suggested staying in Siena or in another hilltown, as they say Villa Armena is too remote. In either situation, my parents will have a rental car, so they will be able to get around outside of when they are with the private tour guide.
Can someone provide a recommendation on whether they think staying outside of a hilltown is too limiting? None of the hotels in Siena look as nice as Villa Armena (and the other hotels I've booked for them in Rome, Florence, and Venice). I want to make sure they are staying in a nice place and didn't think staying in a more remote location was a big deal (since they will have a car... and this type of accommodation - I looked into MANY similar places - always seems to get great reviews), but if anyone has experience, please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 2 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 3 What type of visa is right for me?
- 4 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 5 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 6 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 7 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 8 http://www.supplementoffers.org/white-light-smile/
- 9 Munich
- 10 First time in France
- 11 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 12 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 15 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 16 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 17 Budapest Hotels
- 18 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 19 4 days in switzerland
- 20 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 21 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 22 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 23 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 24 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 25 14 days in Greece itinerary ???