after a very much loved first trip to Italy and France last year, we are starting to plan a trip back again (yay!!!)
will be in sept/october
So ... my thoughts so far
- Fly into Milan
- stay overnight in milan (flight arrives around 9pm)
- see the last supper and duomo in the morning, then train to Sondrio in the afternoon
- 7 nights in Sondrio (family there, and they will arrange itinerary for this part)
- Family will take us to Tirano, where we board the Bernina Express to Chur, then continue on to Lucerne.
- 4 nights in Lucerne
- Train to Interlaken for 3 nights in Interlaken
- Train to Florence for 6 nights in Florence
- train to Rome for 5 nights in Rome.
We will have an 8 yr old with us ... so happy with a slower pace, and to do day trips from Florence and Rome rather than moving around all the time.
My questions are mainly about the swiss section, as I am ok with the italy section for the moment.
So - my questions
- any better ideas on itinerary flow?
- train travel - last time we purchased prems in italy as I am happy to lock in times and dates. Do you get prems in Switzerland? or do I need a Swiss Pass?
- if I get a Swiss Pass, how to book the Interlaken - Florence section? Do I do just the Swiss part with the pass and book tickets for the Italy part?
- what is a swiss half fare card? do I need one?
- stay in Interlaken, or a smaller town further up the mountains?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 2 파워볼시스템배팅 ≪ 접속주소 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 5 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 6 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 7 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 8 Switzerland in October
- 9 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 10 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 11 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 12 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 13 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 14 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 15 Tuscany First Time
- 16 Iceland car rental agencies
- 17 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 18 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 Italy in January?
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 23 2 days in Lugano area
- 24 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 25 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!