after a very much loved first trip to Italy and France last year, we are starting to plan a trip back again (yay!!!)
will be in sept/october
So ... my thoughts so far
- Fly into Milan
- stay overnight in milan (flight arrives around 9pm)
- see the last supper and duomo in the morning, then train to Sondrio in the afternoon
- 7 nights in Sondrio (family there, and they will arrange itinerary for this part)
- Family will take us to Tirano, where we board the Bernina Express to Chur, then continue on to Lucerne.
- 4 nights in Lucerne
- Train to Interlaken for 3 nights in Interlaken
- Train to Florence for 6 nights in Florence
- train to Rome for 5 nights in Rome.
We will have an 8 yr old with us ... so happy with a slower pace, and to do day trips from Florence and Rome rather than moving around all the time.
My questions are mainly about the swiss section, as I am ok with the italy section for the moment.
So - my questions
- any better ideas on itinerary flow?
- train travel - last time we purchased prems in italy as I am happy to lock in times and dates. Do you get prems in Switzerland? or do I need a Swiss Pass?
- if I get a Swiss Pass, how to book the Interlaken - Florence section? Do I do just the Swiss part with the pass and book tickets for the Italy part?
- what is a swiss half fare card? do I need one?
- stay in Interlaken, or a smaller town further up the mountains?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 4 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 5 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 6 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 7 Trip to Rome
- 8 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 9 Greek Islands (small)
- 10 Spain in December
- 11 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 12 cheap food in london
- 13 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 14 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 15 Eating Indian In London
- 16 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 17 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 18 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 19 Sundays in Puglia
- 20 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 21 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 22 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 23 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 24 K-Day
- 25 ATM at airport