after a very much loved first trip to Italy and France last year, we are starting to plan a trip back again (yay!!!)
will be in sept/october
So ... my thoughts so far
- Fly into Milan
- stay overnight in milan (flight arrives around 9pm)
- see the last supper and duomo in the morning, then train to Sondrio in the afternoon
- 7 nights in Sondrio (family there, and they will arrange itinerary for this part)
- Family will take us to Tirano, where we board the Bernina Express to Chur, then continue on to Lucerne.
- 4 nights in Lucerne
- Train to Interlaken for 3 nights in Interlaken
- Train to Florence for 6 nights in Florence
- train to Rome for 5 nights in Rome.
We will have an 8 yr old with us ... so happy with a slower pace, and to do day trips from Florence and Rome rather than moving around all the time.
My questions are mainly about the swiss section, as I am ok with the italy section for the moment.
So - my questions
- any better ideas on itinerary flow?
- train travel - last time we purchased prems in italy as I am happy to lock in times and dates. Do you get prems in Switzerland? or do I need a Swiss Pass?
- if I get a Swiss Pass, how to book the Interlaken - Florence section? Do I do just the Swiss part with the pass and book tickets for the Italy part?
- what is a swiss half fare card? do I need one?
- stay in Interlaken, or a smaller town further up the mountains?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 2 Weekend hopping: Ghent, Zadar, Lisbon, Bosch, Brno,...
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 5 Day trips by train from Milan
- 6 London dining service charge
- 7 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 8 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 9 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 10 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 11 What are the Hidden Attractions in paris
- 12 London Paris
- 13 Chateau Lynch-Bages near Bordeaux
- 14 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 15 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 16 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 17 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 18 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 19 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 20 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 21 Advance Booking for Spain
- 22 Itinerary advice for 9 days in London for female solo traveller
- 23 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 24 Norwegian air
- 25 3 Wake-up calls