after a very much loved first trip to Italy and France last year, we are starting to plan a trip back again (yay!!!)
will be in sept/october
So ... my thoughts so far
- Fly into Milan
- stay overnight in milan (flight arrives around 9pm)
- see the last supper and duomo in the morning, then train to Sondrio in the afternoon
- 7 nights in Sondrio (family there, and they will arrange itinerary for this part)
- Family will take us to Tirano, where we board the Bernina Express to Chur, then continue on to Lucerne.
- 4 nights in Lucerne
- Train to Interlaken for 3 nights in Interlaken
- Train to Florence for 6 nights in Florence
- train to Rome for 5 nights in Rome.
We will have an 8 yr old with us ... so happy with a slower pace, and to do day trips from Florence and Rome rather than moving around all the time.
My questions are mainly about the swiss section, as I am ok with the italy section for the moment.
So - my questions
- any better ideas on itinerary flow?
- train travel - last time we purchased prems in italy as I am happy to lock in times and dates. Do you get prems in Switzerland? or do I need a Swiss Pass?
- if I get a Swiss Pass, how to book the Interlaken - Florence section? Do I do just the Swiss part with the pass and book tickets for the Italy part?
- what is a swiss half fare card? do I need one?
- stay in Interlaken, or a smaller town further up the mountains?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vuerling airlines
- 2 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 3 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 6 Venice Film Fest
- 7 Europe itinerary
- 8 France for a month in 2017
- 9 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 10 All of Spain or something else..?
- 11 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 12 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 13 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 14 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 15 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 16 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 17 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 20 evening of song and dance
- 21 Naples or Genoa
- 22 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 23 SIM card
- 24 Our time in Rome
- 25 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?