I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사설토토추천사이트 ▣ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Can parking
- 3 italy Cinque Terre
- 4 San Sebastián
- 5 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Zurich to Milan trip
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 21 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help