I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal trains
- 2 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 3 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 4 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 5 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 6 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 7 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 8 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 9 One Way... trust or bust?
- 10 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 11 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 12 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 13 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 14 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 15 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 16 Walking GPS?
- 17 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 18 Cost of Van from CDG
- 19 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 20 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 21 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 22 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 23 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 24 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 25 France: advice on where to go with young kids