I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Need Help with Sweden Itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 4 Spain Questions
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 7 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 11 one last portugal car rental question
- 12 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 13 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 14 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 15 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 16 Europe in 21 days
- 17 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 18 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 19 Street food in Turkey
- 20 Dublin Hostels
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 9 days in turkey
- 24 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 25 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh