I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Tec*h HelP 24*7
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Car rental in Santorini port
- 4 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 5 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 renting a car in greece
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 14 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 15 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 16 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 17 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 18 retruning to US with souveniers
- 19 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 20 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 21 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 22 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 25 Ireland and Scotland September 2017