I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Emergencies in Ireland
- 2 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 3 Emergencies in Ireland
- 4 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 5 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 6 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 7 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 8 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 9 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 10 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 3 weeks in Spain
- 13 4 days itinerary for France
- 14 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 15 Rent a car in England
- 16 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 17 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 18 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 19 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 2017 Easter in Italy
- 25 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!