I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Need Help with Sweden Itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 2 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015
- 3 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Where to go in France mid July?
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 Help with England/Wales tour
- 8 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 9 Cruise the River Shannon
- 10 Is Venice really dirty?
- 11 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Ireland or Scotland
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 15 Italy in October 2015
- 16 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 17 Italy and Croatia
- 18 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 19 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 20 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 trip to norway
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 My notes on Greece 101
- 25 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report