I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Need Help with Sweden Itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 2 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 3 International driving permit required in France?
- 4 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 5 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 6 Netherlands Delta Works
- 7 Passport Delays
- 8 Hotel in Rome?
- 9 Cotswolds village base
- 10 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 11 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 12 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 13 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 14 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 15 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 16 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 17 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 18 Wine tour from Verona?
- 19 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 20 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 21 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 22 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 23 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 24 A full week in The Netherlands
- 25 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)