I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands (small)
- 2 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 Scotland in 7 Days
- 5 Azores
- 6 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 7 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 8 What tips can you give about packing?
- 9 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 12 Cascais or Algarve?
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 15 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 18 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 21 Short Trip in July
- 22 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 23 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)