I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 2 Support Please
- 3 Train travel in Europe
- 4 where to go in between hallstatt and prague?
- 5 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 6 Sicily itinerary advice please
- 7 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 8 Any flight from London to Rimini?
- 9 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 10 Scotland itinerary
- 11 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 12 Touring Rome
- 13 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 14 What to do other then museums in Rome. 2 full days?
- 15 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 16 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris
- 17 England/Scotland in January?
- 18 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 19 Alone in Paris
- 20 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 21 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 22 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 23 17 Days Honeymoon in Italy and France
- 24 The Newly Reopened Picasso Museum in Paris
- 25 Swimsuit for France, Switzerland, Austria?