I'm heading to Denmark/Sweden for two weeks in the beginning of July. I will be spending about 5 days in Copenhagen and surrounding environs visiting distant relatives and then heading on own to Sweden.
My plan is to plan another 4/5 nights in Stockholm but I'm conflicted on how to spend the rest of my time.
Currently, I'm thinking of doing an itinerary where I would take the train from Copenhagen to Kalmar for two nights and then on to Stockholm and then take the train back down along Lake Vattern and maybe spend a night in Vadstena? Rottle?
And then train down to Lund or Malmo for a night? Or Ystad? Or is Ystad too far out of the way?
Do people feel strongly one way or another about these towns?
I was hoping to see Gothenburg but that just doesn't seem time-wise to be realistic . . .
For the time in Stockholm I'm definitely planning on doing a day trip out to the archipelago and another trip to see Birka and Mariefred. And would love to to see Uppsala as well.
-Hotel recommendations for Stockholm? Ideally looking for something in the $150/night range.
-Should I buy a Swedish Rail Pass in advance? Does that cover ferries?
I greatly appreciate whatever words of wisdom anyone cares to impart. Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaches in Southern France
- 2 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 3 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 4 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 5 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 6 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 7 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 8 Europe Sim card help
- 9 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 10 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 11 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 12 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 13 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 14 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 15 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 16 Abruzzo region
- 17 cell phone companys
- 18 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 19 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 20 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 21 Guides - Matera
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 24 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 25 French lavender and cottages