My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental/return near London
- 2 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 3 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 4 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 5 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 6 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 7 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 8 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 9 A week driving in Bavaria
- 10 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 11 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 12 Camino Redux
- 13 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 14 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 15 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 16 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 17 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 18 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 19 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 20 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 21 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 22 Trans-Siberia Train
- 23 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 24 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 25 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station