My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Need help with planning UK/Ireland itinerary!
- 1 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 2 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 3 2 Week European Itinerary
- 4 TGV and Provence questions
- 5 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 Dresden Train Station
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 Family European winter holiday
- 10 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 11 rent car / Munich
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 17 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 18 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 19 Channel Islands
- 20 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 21 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 22 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome