My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Need help with planning UK/Ireland itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 2 First Trip to Europe
- 3 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 4 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 5 ITALY
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 Marmaris Hotel with ferry transfer
- 8 Globus Tours
- 9 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 10 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 11 Help for San Sebastian
- 12 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 13 3 days in Rome
- 14 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 15 2 Days in Rome
- 16 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 17 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 18 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 19 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 20 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 23 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 24 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 25 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned