My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Need help with planning UK/Ireland itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 Amsterdam for The Sober Budget Tourist
- 4 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 8 dinners in Paris for €10 or less
- 7 South of France November Trip Report
- 8 Rome---August and September
- 9 France, Italy and Greec
- 10 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 11 Air pollution in Paris
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 14 Dresden or Leipzig
- 15 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 16 20 days in Germany
- 17 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 23 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 24 Nice or Marseille??
- 25 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers