My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Need help with planning UK/Ireland itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 2 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 3 London and Where Else in late December?
- 4 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 5 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 6 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 7 Istanbul Itinerary
- 8 Half Day tours with Alla Tour Company
- 9 Germany and Poland Itinerary - Would appreciate feedback
- 10 Bologna tips
- 11 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 12 Edinburgh - outings?
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 15 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 16 What to wear
- 17 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 18 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 19 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 20 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 21 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 25 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old