My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 2 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 3 Enjoying England for a year!
- 4 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 5 Barcelona extension
- 6 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 7 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 8 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 9 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 10 France to stop making foie grois
- 11 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 12 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 13 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 14 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 15 Kilt makers
- 16 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 17 Puglia
- 18 Stonehenge and Bath
- 19 Manchester on derby weekend
- 20 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 21 My First Trip to Europe...
- 22 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 23 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 24 train from ravenna to parma
- 25 Best area to stay in Valencia