My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Need help with planning UK/Ireland itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Snowboarding in Poland
- 2 Travel with Teens
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 5 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 6 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 14 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 15 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 16 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 17 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 18 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 19 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 20 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 21 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 22 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 Reims for a day
- 25 Airfare for summer travel to Europe