My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 2 European Championship
- 3 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 How not to behave in Iceland
- 6 Report from Paris- Going up Eiffel Tower During Euro Cup
- 7 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 8 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 9 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 10 Iceland trip report
- 11 T Mobile Does it Again
- 12 Italy trains question
- 13 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 14 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 15 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 16 currency
- 17 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 18 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 19 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 20 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 21 IN EUROPE - EPISODE THREE - KARLOVY VARY, DRESDEN
- 22 IN EUROPE - EPISODE THREE - KARLOVY VARY, DRESDEN
- 23 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 24 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 25 Sardinia Italian's paradise