My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Spain: train/rental car help
- 3 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 4 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 5 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 6 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 7 Globus Iberian Tour
- 8 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 9 base for Andalucia
- 10 Italy travel plan help
- 11 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 12 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 13 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 14 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 17 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 18 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 19 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 20 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 23 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 24 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 25 Poland to Austria In December