My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pogo @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Scotland in December
- 3 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 7 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 8 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 9 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 10 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 13 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 14 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 17 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 18 10 days in London in early December
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Greece
- 21 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 22 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 23 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 Berlin to ?