My boyfriend and I are beginning to plan our trip to the UK and Ireland this summer, but there's so much information out there that it's getting a little overwhelming. Both of us are newbies to travelling, so any tips and advice for our trip would be greatly appreciated!
We're shooting for August 31st - September 15th. It would be a dream come true if it's possible to see some of England, Scotland and Ireland in a roundabout sort of itinerary. I was thinking this: London--> York--> Edinburgh --> ??? (anything awesome in Scotland!) --> Glasgow --> Belfast --> Dublin --> ???--> Bath--> London
There are a couple of things that I really really want to see, such as the the Roman Baths, Cotswolds villages, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Eilean Donan-- but if anyone has better suggestions I would love to hear them! I know its pretty ambitious, but I'm also willing to cut out one country if it means better pacing.
A little about us: We're both 25, from San Francisco, love indulging in food, love beer, love nature (parks, lakes, etc), ancient European history, museums, night life.
I really appreciate any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 2 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 3 London is it worth it?
- 4 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 7 free international phone calls
- 8 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 France Study Abroad
- 11 Lisbon
- 12 Airport Transportation
- 13 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 14 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 15 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 16 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 17 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 18 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 19 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 20 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 21 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 22 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 23 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 24 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 25 London 6 day itinerary