We are planning a trip this August ( I know, it's right around the corner), my first European trip, along with my husband and 2 kids (11 and 7).
We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Paris, and then another 4-5 nights in Switzerland.
Our plan is as follows:
Fly into Paris. In Paris, we plan to rent an apartment. Reading through some great input by other Fodorites, it sounds like (for first timers) the 6th is the best area, followed by the 7th and 5th. I've looked through some listings on VRBO, but would appreciate some feedback from you guys on the location before I start contacting owners.
From Paris, we can take the train to Geneva, and then rent a car. My husband has been to Switzerland before and thinks that driving provides a lot of flexibility in stopping by quaint Swiss towns, and moving around in general. Would love to get your feedback on car vs. train.
From Geneva, we can drive to the BO. Again we would love to rent an apartment, but I have not found much information for renting in this area. We plan to have a base and move around from there. I have seen hotel suggestions for Murren, Wengen, Grindelwald. From what I've read, Grindelwald is more livelier than Murren or Wengen. Would love some suggestions for a base location here and rental apartments. Spend 3-4 nights in BO (we may take a day trip to Lucerne, if that's possible), and then drive to Zurich (spend a night there), before taking a flight back home.
Does this sound like a good start? I think creating this shell is the most important, and figuring out things to do and places to go is the easier part.
Would love to hear your feedback. Do let me know if I can provide any additional information for you to help me better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토사이트＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼코리아카지노○온라인바카라
- 2 슈퍼카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생중계바카라☆인터넷카지노주소
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 6 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 7 How the kids age calculated
- 8 Beaune France
- 9 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 10 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 Firt time VISA applicant
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 advance tickets?
- 16 38 Days in Paris
- 17 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 18 A week in Paris
- 19 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 20 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 21 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 22 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 23 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 24 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 25 Crete/Athens June 2017
Need help with Paris & Switzerland trip in August (~10 days)