We are going to be in Norway from July 7 to July 12 - yes, I know, too short, but I am trying to make the most of it. We will arrive in Oslo around 3pm on 7th, and plan to stay there on 8th, leaving on 9th early morning on the NIN trip. We carry on to Bergen and stay there for the night. And then the dilemma begins... we would like to do some hiking, maybe a glacier hike, Pulpit Rock sounds amazing, and all those fjords! I was not planning to drive but seems as if that might be our best option. I have been trying to find out if there are tour groups that can take us on two day trips from Bergen for these? Or perhaps we can stop along the way on NIN and do the glacier hike (Briksdal?) and then carry on to Bergen? We can leave from Oslo on 8th too. We fly out of Bergen on 12th morning to Stockholm.
Would like to mention that DH would love to climb Pulpit Rock, while I would like to gaze at it. Four hours is a bit much for me. Ideally, we will not like to drive/cruise the whole day. As always, much thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 2 Engadine Valley help
- 3 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 4 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 5 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 8 Naples, Italy
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 12 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 13 French restaurants
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 16 Tuscany 6 nights
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Ireland travel passport question
- 19 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 20 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 21 Planning a European Trip
- 22 France & Italy, May or June
- 23 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 24 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 25 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?