We are going to be in Norway from July 7 to July 12 - yes, I know, too short, but I am trying to make the most of it. We will arrive in Oslo around 3pm on 7th, and plan to stay there on 8th, leaving on 9th early morning on the NIN trip. We carry on to Bergen and stay there for the night. And then the dilemma begins... we would like to do some hiking, maybe a glacier hike, Pulpit Rock sounds amazing, and all those fjords! I was not planning to drive but seems as if that might be our best option. I have been trying to find out if there are tour groups that can take us on two day trips from Bergen for these? Or perhaps we can stop along the way on NIN and do the glacier hike (Briksdal?) and then carry on to Bergen? We can leave from Oslo on 8th too. We fly out of Bergen on 12th morning to Stockholm.
Would like to mention that DH would love to climb Pulpit Rock, while I would like to gaze at it. Four hours is a bit much for me. Ideally, we will not like to drive/cruise the whole day. As always, much thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 3 Safety in Rome
- 4 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 5 Greek Village
- 6 Crete Holiday
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 One free day in Barcelona
- 9 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 10 Apartment Montreux area
- 11 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 12 Uber vs. TfL
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 15 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 16 base in brussels
- 17 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 18 Rome or Venice first
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 24 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 25 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland