Myself and two daughters are traveling to Europe next month. The part that I need help with is the last leg of the trip.
We will be leaving Milan to travel to Switzerland, particularly the Swiss Alps where my grandparents were born.
I was thinking of possibly using trains for travel out of Milan and in Switzerland. Is that what you would do? Looks like the closest destination to researching their villages would be Locarno. Is there a train that goes from Milan to Locarno?
Also, after we are done exploring our roots, what would you all recommend NOT to miss???
We will have 5 days before we fly out of Zurich.
Any and all info that you would like to provide is invaluable to me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 2 Maximizing Norway time
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 6 Studying art in English in venice
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 9 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 10 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 11 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 14 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 15 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 21 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 22 Trogir or Split
- 23 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Hotels in Turin