Myself and two daughters are traveling to Europe next month. The part that I need help with is the last leg of the trip.
We will be leaving Milan to travel to Switzerland, particularly the Swiss Alps where my grandparents were born.
I was thinking of possibly using trains for travel out of Milan and in Switzerland. Is that what you would do? Looks like the closest destination to researching their villages would be Locarno. Is there a train that goes from Milan to Locarno?
Also, after we are done exploring our roots, what would you all recommend NOT to miss???
We will have 5 days before we fly out of Zurich.
Any and all info that you would like to provide is invaluable to me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 2 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Revised itinerary for italy
- 7 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 8 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 9 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 10 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 11 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 12 If you had to choose one......
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 Paris Metro
- 15 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 16 A good book!!
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 22 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 23 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 24 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!