Myself and two daughters are traveling to Europe next month. The part that I need help with is the last leg of the trip.
We will be leaving Milan to travel to Switzerland, particularly the Swiss Alps where my grandparents were born.
I was thinking of possibly using trains for travel out of Milan and in Switzerland. Is that what you would do? Looks like the closest destination to researching their villages would be Locarno. Is there a train that goes from Milan to Locarno?
Also, after we are done exploring our roots, what would you all recommend NOT to miss???
We will have 5 days before we fly out of Zurich.
Any and all info that you would like to provide is invaluable to me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastián
- 2 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Zurich to Milan trip
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 7 italy Cinque Terre
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 Northern Ireland ideas