I am doing lots of research and planning for our honeymoon in Italy in September.
I'm trying to sort out the best ways of transferring cities.
We arrive in Venice, and are renting an apartment in the Dorsoduro area of Venice. I assume the apartment owner will give us directions for arriving at the apartment from the airport.
Then, we will be heading to Florence. We are staying 5 minutes from the Santa Maria Novella Train Station.
Then, we will be traveling to Rome and staying at the Saint Regis. The website for the hotel says "From the train station the Termini and Tiburtina rail stations are a few kilometres away and also offer taxi and private car service. From Termini Central, it is a 10min walk to The St. Regis Rome while you would require a Taxi from Tiburtina Station. "
Is the best way to use the trenitalia website and book tickets ahead of time? Any tips?
Any information is very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 2 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 3 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 4 Bordeaux to Nice
- 5 Travel in Europe
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Whathello Paris
- 12 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 13 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 20 November in Rome
- 21 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa