I am doing lots of research and planning for our honeymoon in Italy in September.
I'm trying to sort out the best ways of transferring cities.
We arrive in Venice, and are renting an apartment in the Dorsoduro area of Venice. I assume the apartment owner will give us directions for arriving at the apartment from the airport.
Then, we will be heading to Florence. We are staying 5 minutes from the Santa Maria Novella Train Station.
Then, we will be traveling to Rome and staying at the Saint Regis. The website for the hotel says "From the train station the Termini and Tiburtina rail stations are a few kilometres away and also offer taxi and private car service. From Termini Central, it is a 10min walk to The St. Regis Rome while you would require a Taxi from Tiburtina Station. "
Is the best way to use the trenitalia website and book tickets ahead of time? Any tips?
Any information is very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 8 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 9 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 10 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Sicily
- 13 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 14 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 15 car for four adults and four bikes
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 21 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 22 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions