I am doing lots of research and planning for our honeymoon in Italy in September.
I'm trying to sort out the best ways of transferring cities.
We arrive in Venice, and are renting an apartment in the Dorsoduro area of Venice. I assume the apartment owner will give us directions for arriving at the apartment from the airport.
Then, we will be heading to Florence. We are staying 5 minutes from the Santa Maria Novella Train Station.
Then, we will be traveling to Rome and staying at the Saint Regis. The website for the hotel says "From the train station the Termini and Tiburtina rail stations are a few kilometres away and also offer taxi and private car service. From Termini Central, it is a 10min walk to The St. Regis Rome while you would require a Taxi from Tiburtina Station. "
Is the best way to use the trenitalia website and book tickets ahead of time? Any tips?
Any information is very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 Need help in completing trip details
- 3 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Split to Hvar
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 9 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 10 Which area to stay in London
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 13 Algarve - is it for me?
- 14 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Itinery help Crete
- 17 Naples + Walking Tour
- 18 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 19 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 16 days in France and Italy
- 23 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special