I am doing lots of research and planning for our honeymoon in Italy in September.
I'm trying to sort out the best ways of transferring cities.
We arrive in Venice, and are renting an apartment in the Dorsoduro area of Venice. I assume the apartment owner will give us directions for arriving at the apartment from the airport.
Then, we will be heading to Florence. We are staying 5 minutes from the Santa Maria Novella Train Station.
Then, we will be traveling to Rome and staying at the Saint Regis. The website for the hotel says "From the train station the Termini and Tiburtina rail stations are a few kilometres away and also offer taxi and private car service. From Termini Central, it is a 10min walk to The St. Regis Rome while you would require a Taxi from Tiburtina Station. "
Is the best way to use the trenitalia website and book tickets ahead of time? Any tips?
Any information is very helpful!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 dinner jackets
- 4 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 5 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 6 2 weeks Europe trip
- 7 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 8 Piedmont as a destination
- 9 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 10 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 11 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 12 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Cordoba Overnight?
- 16 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 17 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 18 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 19 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 20 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 21 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 22 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 23 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 24 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??