My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in October 2000 - we are arriving in Frankfurt on 10/4 and departing from Munich on 10/16. We are planning on renting a car and/or taking the train, and are looking for suggestions on where to go and places to stay between Frankfurt and Munich. We are both interested in history and architecture (all periods), and enjoy exploring in general. We would prefer to not spend the entire vacation in the car driving, but would rather select a number of places where we could spend a couple of days each along the way. We have a friend who lives outside of Nuremberg that we are planning to visit for a couple days, and we would also like to spend a couple days in Munich before we head back to the US - other than that, we are open to suggestions. We have read a number of travel guides and done research on the internet only to quickly discover that there are too many places to see and not enough time. Please reply with any suggestions - driving routes, places to visit, sights to see, recommended lodging or restaurants. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Need Help With Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 caroline_venezia
- 3 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 4 First time to Switzerland
- 5 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 6 Granada
- 7 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 8 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 11 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 12 A Sardinia trip report
- 13 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 14 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 15 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 16 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 17 First time Ireland trip
- 18 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 19 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 20 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 21 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 22 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 23 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 24 22 year olds in Europe
- 25 Earthquakes in Tuscany