My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in October 2000 - we are arriving in Frankfurt on 10/4 and departing from Munich on 10/16. We are planning on renting a car and/or taking the train, and are looking for suggestions on where to go and places to stay between Frankfurt and Munich. We are both interested in history and architecture (all periods), and enjoy exploring in general. We would prefer to not spend the entire vacation in the car driving, but would rather select a number of places where we could spend a couple of days each along the way. We have a friend who lives outside of Nuremberg that we are planning to visit for a couple days, and we would also like to spend a couple days in Munich before we head back to the US - other than that, we are open to suggestions. We have read a number of travel guides and done research on the internet only to quickly discover that there are too many places to see and not enough time. Please reply with any suggestions - driving routes, places to visit, sights to see, recommended lodging or restaurants. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Need Help With Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Car to book at CDG in May 2015? Do you get Complimentary Upgrade?
- 2 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 3 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 4 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 5 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 6 Athens and which islands?
- 7 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 8 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 9 Cell phone use in Europe for dummies
- 10 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 11 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 12 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 13 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 14 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 15 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 16 Prague symphony - please help me choose 2 seats
- 17 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 18 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 19 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 20 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 21 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 22 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 23 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 24 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 25 From Bordeaux to Toulouse