My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in October 2000 - we are arriving in Frankfurt on 10/4 and departing from Munich on 10/16. We are planning on renting a car and/or taking the train, and are looking for suggestions on where to go and places to stay between Frankfurt and Munich. We are both interested in history and architecture (all periods), and enjoy exploring in general. We would prefer to not spend the entire vacation in the car driving, but would rather select a number of places where we could spend a couple of days each along the way. We have a friend who lives outside of Nuremberg that we are planning to visit for a couple days, and we would also like to spend a couple days in Munich before we head back to the US - other than that, we are open to suggestions. We have read a number of travel guides and done research on the internet only to quickly discover that there are too many places to see and not enough time. Please reply with any suggestions - driving routes, places to visit, sights to see, recommended lodging or restaurants. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Need Help With Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 4 Venice - boats on canals
- 5 ITALY
- 6 Paris first then where?
- 7 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 8 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 11 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 12 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 13 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 14 Akrotiri Tours
- 15 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 18 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 19 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 20 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 21 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 22 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 23 Northern Spain
- 24 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 25 London hotel tax is 20%