My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in October 2000 - we are arriving in Frankfurt on 10/4 and departing from Munich on 10/16. We are planning on renting a car and/or taking the train, and are looking for suggestions on where to go and places to stay between Frankfurt and Munich. We are both interested in history and architecture (all periods), and enjoy exploring in general. We would prefer to not spend the entire vacation in the car driving, but would rather select a number of places where we could spend a couple of days each along the way. We have a friend who lives outside of Nuremberg that we are planning to visit for a couple days, and we would also like to spend a couple days in Munich before we head back to the US - other than that, we are open to suggestions. We have read a number of travel guides and done research on the internet only to quickly discover that there are too many places to see and not enough time. Please reply with any suggestions - driving routes, places to visit, sights to see, recommended lodging or restaurants. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Need Help With Itinerary
- 1 Help with Spain Trip in Late August
- 2 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 3 Paris museums free admission
- 4 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 5 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 6 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 7 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 8 Do and don't, eating in France
- 9 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 10 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 11 Spain with kids
- 12 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 13 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 14 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 15 Places to visit from London
- 16 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 17 Meeting up at CDG
- 18 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 19 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 20 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 21 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 22 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 23 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 24 Paris Ticket t+
- 25 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED