My husband and I are planning a trip to Germany in October 2000 - we are arriving in Frankfurt on 10/4 and departing from Munich on 10/16. We are planning on renting a car and/or taking the train, and are looking for suggestions on where to go and places to stay between Frankfurt and Munich. We are both interested in history and architecture (all periods), and enjoy exploring in general. We would prefer to not spend the entire vacation in the car driving, but would rather select a number of places where we could spend a couple of days each along the way. We have a friend who lives outside of Nuremberg that we are planning to visit for a couple days, and we would also like to spend a couple days in Munich before we head back to the US - other than that, we are open to suggestions. We have read a number of travel guides and done research on the internet only to quickly discover that there are too many places to see and not enough time. Please reply with any suggestions - driving routes, places to visit, sights to see, recommended lodging or restaurants. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Need Help With Itinerary
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Channel Islands
- 2 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 5 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 6 2 Week European Itinerary
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Car in Prague
- 9 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 10 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 11 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 12 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 13 Rome Accommodation
- 14 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 15 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 16 Istanbul hotels
- 17 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 18 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 21 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 22 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 23 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 24 To Paris and Provence in June
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.