Am planning a trip to Italy in June next year and would appreciate some help with our itinerary with suggestions of how long to stay in each region and what are the must see places to go.
Haven't booked flights as yet but these are our thoughts so far. Would appreciate any input.
Planning on flying out of Australia from either Brisbane or Cairns to either Hong Kong, Singapore or Abu Dhabi and then onto Rome. At this stage not sure if we will be having a stopover for a night. Depending on prices for direct flights or stopover taking into account airport transfers and accommodation.
Once we arrive in Rome we have 10 nights before we leave on a Eastern Mediteranean cruise. Wanted to see Cinque Terre, Tuscany and Bologna but don't know how many nights to stay at each, where to go first and what to see. We were thinking. Depending on what time we arrive in Rome maybe stay for a night then go to Florence and stay for 3 nights. Would like to see the Tuscan countryside, Pisa not sure what else is a must see. Probably be going by train to each region. From Florence to Bologna for 2 nights. Only want to go there mostly to do a Motorsports Factory Tour as my husband loves cars. Finally onto Cinque Terre and stay for 3 nights then going to Civitavecchia for a night before our cruise leaves. Would love to hear from anyone that has been to these places and for any advice you may have.
After our cruise arrives back in Rome we are flying to Catania, Sicily to spend another 10 days there. Would like to see Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento, Palermo. Messina is a port of call on cruise. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 7 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 8 Loire or Provence in January?
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 14 Day trip from London in December
- 15 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 16 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 17 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 18 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 19 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 22 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 23 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 24 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 25 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4