Am planning a trip to Italy in June next year and would appreciate some help with our itinerary with suggestions of how long to stay in each region and what are the must see places to go.
Haven't booked flights as yet but these are our thoughts so far. Would appreciate any input.
Planning on flying out of Australia from either Brisbane or Cairns to either Hong Kong, Singapore or Abu Dhabi and then onto Rome. At this stage not sure if we will be having a stopover for a night. Depending on prices for direct flights or stopover taking into account airport transfers and accommodation.
Once we arrive in Rome we have 10 nights before we leave on a Eastern Mediteranean cruise. Wanted to see Cinque Terre, Tuscany and Bologna but don't know how many nights to stay at each, where to go first and what to see. We were thinking. Depending on what time we arrive in Rome maybe stay for a night then go to Florence and stay for 3 nights. Would like to see the Tuscan countryside, Pisa not sure what else is a must see. Probably be going by train to each region. From Florence to Bologna for 2 nights. Only want to go there mostly to do a Motorsports Factory Tour as my husband loves cars. Finally onto Cinque Terre and stay for 3 nights then going to Civitavecchia for a night before our cruise leaves. Would love to hear from anyone that has been to these places and for any advice you may have.
After our cruise arrives back in Rome we are flying to Catania, Sicily to spend another 10 days there. Would like to see Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento, Palermo. Messina is a port of call on cruise. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 2 5 Irish in Amsterdam, Dresden, Berlin
- 3 France and Switzerland in 15 days
- 4 Berlin to Barcelona
- 5 Breakfast: London
- 6 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 7 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 8 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 9 Camino Redux
- 10 A weekend in Jurassic Coast
- 11 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 12 Day trips from Amsterdam
- 13 Macedonia, Greece
- 14 worthy or no?
- 15 How to ask for glass or carafe of tap water in Portuguese
- 16 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 17 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 18 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 19 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 20 Seville bus information
- 21 Montpellier to Arles
- 22 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 23 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 24 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 25 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?