Am planning a trip to Italy in June next year and would appreciate some help with our itinerary with suggestions of how long to stay in each region and what are the must see places to go.
Haven't booked flights as yet but these are our thoughts so far. Would appreciate any input.
Planning on flying out of Australia from either Brisbane or Cairns to either Hong Kong, Singapore or Abu Dhabi and then onto Rome. At this stage not sure if we will be having a stopover for a night. Depending on prices for direct flights or stopover taking into account airport transfers and accommodation.
Once we arrive in Rome we have 10 nights before we leave on a Eastern Mediteranean cruise. Wanted to see Cinque Terre, Tuscany and Bologna but don't know how many nights to stay at each, where to go first and what to see. We were thinking. Depending on what time we arrive in Rome maybe stay for a night then go to Florence and stay for 3 nights. Would like to see the Tuscan countryside, Pisa not sure what else is a must see. Probably be going by train to each region. From Florence to Bologna for 2 nights. Only want to go there mostly to do a Motorsports Factory Tour as my husband loves cars. Finally onto Cinque Terre and stay for 3 nights then going to Civitavecchia for a night before our cruise leaves. Would love to hear from anyone that has been to these places and for any advice you may have.
After our cruise arrives back in Rome we are flying to Catania, Sicily to spend another 10 days there. Would like to see Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento, Palermo. Messina is a port of call on cruise. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Us Online ☎ 1:8OO:540 :6830 YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 24*7
- 2 Paris for children
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 4 London in September
- 5 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 6 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 7 Couscous
- 8 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 9 Scotland - We're Here!
- 10 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 11 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 12 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 13 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 14 IWM
- 15 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 16 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 17 Guided Vatican Tours
- 18 Avoid Europcar!
- 19 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 20 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 21 Train / Calabria
- 22 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 23 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 24 London in Winter Report
- 25 16 days in France and Italy