We are going to Italy in the beginning of September and I need help with finalizing my itinerary.
Going on the trip: Me and my husband, 2 boys (ages 5 and 2.5), grandma and my brother
Flying in and out of Rome
6th Sept: Land in Rome and go straight to Florence (we have already booked a place so this cannot be changed)
9th: Florence to Sorrento (via train?)
10th: Sorrento (Capri day trip)
12th: Sorrento to Rome
15th: Return to USA
Is this too ambitious?
What is the best way to go from Florence to Sorrento?
If we don't go to Sorrento, is it better to do a few day trips from Rome (since we would have the option of being in Rome from Sept 9th to 15th)?
I'm the only one in the group that has gone to Rome and Florence and I know you can spend countless days in Rome but I just wanted to see another city if possible.
I know it's going to be tough with kids but they are pretty good travelers.
Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 2 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 3 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 4 French election
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 8 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 9 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 10 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 11 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 12 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 13 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 14 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 17 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 18 mountain views near London
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 20 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 21 Italy in 11 Days
- 22 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 23 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 24 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 25 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017