We are going to Italy in the beginning of September and I need help with finalizing my itinerary.
Going on the trip: Me and my husband, 2 boys (ages 5 and 2.5), grandma and my brother
Flying in and out of Rome
6th Sept: Land in Rome and go straight to Florence (we have already booked a place so this cannot be changed)
9th: Florence to Sorrento (via train?)
10th: Sorrento (Capri day trip)
12th: Sorrento to Rome
15th: Return to USA
Is this too ambitious?
What is the best way to go from Florence to Sorrento?
If we don't go to Sorrento, is it better to do a few day trips from Rome (since we would have the option of being in Rome from Sept 9th to 15th)?
I'm the only one in the group that has gone to Rome and Florence and I know you can spend countless days in Rome but I just wanted to see another city if possible.
I know it's going to be tough with kids but they are pretty good travelers.
Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 2 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 3 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Itinerary Tweaking
- 6 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 7 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 8 Amalfi Coast help
- 9 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 10 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 Itinerary Help
- 13 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 14 House Hunting in France
- 15 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 16 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 17 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 18 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 21 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages