We are going to Italy in the beginning of September and I need help with finalizing my itinerary.
Going on the trip: Me and my husband, 2 boys (ages 5 and 2.5), grandma and my brother
Flying in and out of Rome
6th Sept: Land in Rome and go straight to Florence (we have already booked a place so this cannot be changed)
9th: Florence to Sorrento (via train?)
10th: Sorrento (Capri day trip)
12th: Sorrento to Rome
15th: Return to USA
Is this too ambitious?
What is the best way to go from Florence to Sorrento?
If we don't go to Sorrento, is it better to do a few day trips from Rome (since we would have the option of being in Rome from Sept 9th to 15th)?
I'm the only one in the group that has gone to Rome and Florence and I know you can spend countless days in Rome but I just wanted to see another city if possible.
I know it's going to be tough with kids but they are pretty good travelers.
Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 Uber vs. TfL
- 3 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 4 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 7 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 Transport for local Venice travel
- 11 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 Christmas in Italy
- 14 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 15 "Too Much Cows"
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 Thinking about the Fjords
- 18 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 19 Rome to Venice
- 20 Alitala
- 21 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 22 Bordeaux to Nice
- 23 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 24 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 25 One free day in Barcelona