We are going to Italy in the beginning of September and I need help with finalizing my itinerary.
Going on the trip: Me and my husband, 2 boys (ages 5 and 2.5), grandma and my brother
Flying in and out of Rome
6th Sept: Land in Rome and go straight to Florence (we have already booked a place so this cannot be changed)
9th: Florence to Sorrento (via train?)
10th: Sorrento (Capri day trip)
12th: Sorrento to Rome
15th: Return to USA
Is this too ambitious?
What is the best way to go from Florence to Sorrento?
If we don't go to Sorrento, is it better to do a few day trips from Rome (since we would have the option of being in Rome from Sept 9th to 15th)?
I'm the only one in the group that has gone to Rome and Florence and I know you can spend countless days in Rome but I just wanted to see another city if possible.
I know it's going to be tough with kids but they are pretty good travelers.
Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 7 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 8 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 9 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 10 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 11 Help with Ireland Trip
- 12 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 13 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 14 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 17 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 18 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 19 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 20 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 21 Cappadocia in June
- 22 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 23 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 24 Ibiiza Spain
- 25 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus