We are going to Italy in the beginning of September and I need help with finalizing my itinerary.
Going on the trip: Me and my husband, 2 boys (ages 5 and 2.5), grandma and my brother
Flying in and out of Rome
6th Sept: Land in Rome and go straight to Florence (we have already booked a place so this cannot be changed)
9th: Florence to Sorrento (via train?)
10th: Sorrento (Capri day trip)
12th: Sorrento to Rome
15th: Return to USA
Is this too ambitious?
What is the best way to go from Florence to Sorrento?
If we don't go to Sorrento, is it better to do a few day trips from Rome (since we would have the option of being in Rome from Sept 9th to 15th)?
I'm the only one in the group that has gone to Rome and Florence and I know you can spend countless days in Rome but I just wanted to see another city if possible.
I know it's going to be tough with kids but they are pretty good travelers.
Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Never Mind"
- 2 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 3 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 4 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 5 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 6 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 7 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Nafplio to Hydra
- 10 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 13 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 14 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 15 Prague itinerary advice
- 16 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 17 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 18 Santorini lodging
- 19 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 22 info Faro & Algarve
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?