I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 2 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 3 Alitala
- 4 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 5 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 6 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 7 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 8 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 9 Which Hotel in Rome
- 10 6 Days in Italy
- 11 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 12 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 13 SE ITALY
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 16 Stu Tower
- 17 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 18 renting
- 19 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 20 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 21 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 22 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 23 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 24 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 25 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?