I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 getting to CDG
- 2 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 3 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 8 Amalfi Coast help
- 9 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 10 CDG airport and connection time
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 15 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 16 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 17 Trains in Alps and UK
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 22 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 23 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 24 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions