I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 vegetarian friendly and kids friendly restaurents in venice and rome
- 2 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 3 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 4 Amsterdam Internet cafe to print boarding pass
- 5 wandering in venice
- 6 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 7 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 8 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 9 Edinburgh car rental, lodging, train to city
- 10 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 11 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 12 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 13 Final Itinerary help
- 14 heathrow time needed
- 15 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 16 Help on September Trip to Spain
- 17 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 18 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 19 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 20 Road trip from St Remy to Nice
- 21 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 22 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 23 Rhodes and then where in Greece?
- 24 Where to buy Saffron?
- 25 my current itinerary for future trip