I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Need help with Italy Itinerary: Rome, Venice, Tuscany
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 3 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 4 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 5 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 6 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 7 Almalfi in Late March??
- 8 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 9 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 10 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July
- 11 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 12 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 13 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 14 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 15 Trip to London
- 16 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 17 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 18 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 19 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 20 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 21 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 22 Backpacking through Europe
- 23 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 24 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 25 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy