I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 days in Italy
- 2 Barcelona - senior discounts?
- 3 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 4 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 5 Barcelona Apartment
- 6 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 7 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 8 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 9 Flights from the UK to Rimini
- 10 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 11 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 12 2 weeks in France next May
- 13 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 14 Looking for a lists of outside markets in Paris
- 15 From Schipol to ?
- 16 Train/Subway Questions
- 17 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 18 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 19 First timer
- 20 Who owns the Alhambra? ...calling all history buffs
- 21 Planning our Honeymoon
- 22 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 23 A Little Taste of Burgundy To Start Our 2016 Trip...Questions.
- 24 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 25 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015