I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Need help with Italy Itinerary: Rome, Venice, Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 2 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 3 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 4 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 5 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 6 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 7 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 8 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 9 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 10 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 11 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 12 Liverpool to London
- 13 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 14 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 15 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 16 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 17 DVD players in France
- 18 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 19 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 20 Train from Sarlat
- 21 Trains
- 22 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 23 Naples vs Sorrento
- 24 Cinque Terre trails
- 25 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France