I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber vs. TfL
- 2 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 3 Whathello Paris
- 4 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 5 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 6 Bordeaux to Nice
- 7 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 8 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Transport for local Venice travel
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Christmas in Italy
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 Alitala
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna