I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday in Austria
- 2 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 3 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 4 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 5 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 6 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 7 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 8 Paris Under Seige...
- 9 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 11 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 12 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 13 Retiring to Southern France
- 14 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 15 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 16 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 17 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 18 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 19 Brief trip report Naples
- 20 Advices about our itiniary
- 21 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 22 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 23 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 24 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 25 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy