I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Need help with Italy Itinerary: Rome, Venice, Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 2 France 8 days
- 3 Alhambra questions
- 4 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 5 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 6 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 7 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 8 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 9 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 10 Baltic cruise ports
- 11 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 12 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 13 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 14 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 15 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 16 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 17 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 18 Back to Provence in 2015
- 19 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 20 Sicily and Aeolian Island TRAVELLING SOLO
- 21 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 22 Planning for a Budget Trip to Jersey, Channel Islands
- 23 Mont St. Michele?
- 24 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 25 Hotels in old Rome