I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Need help with Italy Itinerary: Rome, Venice, Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 2 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 5 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 6 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 9 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 10 3 weeks in Europe
- 11 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 12 Ireland Southwest
- 13 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 14 Monet in Normandy
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 17 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 18 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 19 Matisse at Tate
- 20 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 21 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 25 What to book ahead in Barcelona?