I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 when you consider that it swivels
- 2 Train from Rome to Naples
- 3 How to reduce weight
- 4 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 5 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 6 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 7 Plan Italy trip
- 8 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 9 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 10 http://glycematefacts.com/zetaclear/
- 11 Prague-Vienna-Salzburg-Lech-Munich
- 12 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 13 Spain to Morocco
- 14 Sardinia, Italy
- 15 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 16 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 17 3 days in Beaune / Dijon...any tips/recos?
- 18 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 19 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 20 Lisbon to Porto by train
- 21 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 22 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 23 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 24 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 25 Lake Garda- Italy