I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 5 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 9 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 10 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 11 Barcelona - places to stay
- 12 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 13 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 14 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 15 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 16 Christmas Markets 2017
- 17 Language to use in Belgium
- 18 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 19 Istanbul at Easter
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 Palermo Apartment
- 22 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France