I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Weekend in Switzerland
- 2 How to Spot an American in Europe
- 3 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
- 4 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 5 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 6 Hanover, Germany, where to eat and stay
- 7 Exploring the neighbourhoods of Berlin
- 8 Madrid & Barcelona Questions
- 9 Fall 2015 Balkans Trip Report - Mostly Croatia & Slovenia
- 10 Cheshire, England Hotelsq
- 11 Tbilisi in Georgia, let yourself be charmed!
- 12 Ferrari Factory
- 13 A romantic weekend in Paris with outstanding food!
- 14 Where to go after Venice Italy?
- 15 Poblenou is the place to be in Barcelona!
- 16 Almería for 3 nights in January?
- 17 Christmas in Germany
- 18 Trouble in Istanbul or just precautions?
- 19 Another Paris Trip Report
- 20 Best Harbour Towns in Mediterranean
- 21 Malta in July
- 22 Malta at the end of November
- 23 Paris GTG - October 21
- 24 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 25 Paris dining-with teens