I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 2 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 3 3 nights in Tuscany
- 4 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 5 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 6 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 7 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 8 Munich, Germany
- 9 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 10 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 11 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 12 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 13 Amalfi or Positano
- 14 River Boat Cruise
- 15 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 16 Hostel Advice
- 17 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 18 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 19 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 20 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 21 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 22 Cordoba or Granada?
- 23 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 24 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 25 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)