I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 2 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 3 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 4 How to ask for glass or carafe of tap water in Portuguese
- 5 Loire Valley itinerary
- 6 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 7 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 8 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 9 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 10 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 11 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 12 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 13 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 14 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 15 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 16 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 17 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 18 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 19 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 20 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 21 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 22 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 23 Breakfast: London
- 24 France and Switzerland in 15 days
- 25 Travel plan help in Germany