I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Need help with Italy Itinerary: Rome, Venice, Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 4 American Express
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 8 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 9 Three ferries to Mull
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 13 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 14 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 20 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 21 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 22 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 23 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 24 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 25 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?