I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days in Vienna in December
- 2 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 3 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 4 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 5 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 6 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 7 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 8 Car rental leaving Rome
- 9 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 10 Christmas Market and Parking
- 11 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 12 Paris Under Seige...
- 13 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 14 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 15 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 16 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 17 Advices about our itiniary
- 18 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 21 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 22 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 23 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 24 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 25 Stroller in Europe