I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight connection in CDG
- 2 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 3 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 4 Amsterdam, Germany
- 5 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 6 Ravenna Mosaics
- 7 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 8 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 9 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 10 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 11 Greece Itinerary
- 12 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 13 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 14 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 15 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 16 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 17 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 18 Help me choose a Central/Eastern Europe Itinerary
- 19 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 20 Our time in Rome
- 21 France for a month in 2017
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 24 Barcelona extension
- 25 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?