I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Milan via train
- 2 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 3 Places to eat in Rome and Venice by train stations???
- 4 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 5 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 6 What train pass for Paris?
- 7 Help please navigating Barajas (Madrid) airport
- 8 Amsterdam historical walking tour
- 9 Must do/see in Rome
- 10 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 11 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 12 Sim cards for Bulgaria, Urkaine and Romania
- 13 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 14 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 15 A plethora of islands
- 16 The isles in June
- 17 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 18 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 19 Berlin Itinerary
- 20 Rome - Venice, or Rome - Amalfi Coast?
- 21 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 22 Toll roads in Italy
- 23 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 24 what to do in florence
- 25 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!