I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on a last minute trip my husband and I are planning Italy in late April/early May. We plan to visit the following areas:
Fly into Rome
Rome (3 nights)
Train to Tuscany
Tuscany (3 nights) (Siena, San Gimignano)
Clinque Terre (1 night)
Train to Venice from Florence?
Venice (2 nights)
Train to Milan
Fly out of Milan
My question is:
1) We've decided to skip Florence and spend our time in Tuscany. Which area would you stay in? I've read that Siena and San Gimignano are the key areas to spend time in.
2) Any hotel recommendations for the Clinque Terre area or the Tuscany area?
Thank you!! Would appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in late January
- 2 Fast Trak service at SVO airport
- 3 Paris---baguette question???
- 4 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 5 Berlin
- 6 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 7 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 8 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 9 Where to stay in London?
- 10 What type of visa is right for me?
- 11 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 12 Visiting Spain in January
- 13 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 14 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 15 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 16 Loving Lisbon
- 17 Booking hotels before trains
- 18 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 19 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 20 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 21 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 22 RHK's Fall escape
- 23 1 way ticket
- 24 Vienna to Bratislava
- 25 Need Paris Flight Advice