my wife and I are heading to portugal next year and planning on spending 4 nights in Lisbon and then 4 in another town/village on the water.
I've read that parts of the algarve can be similar to the costa del sol which is certainly what we are not after. But then other photos I see the scenery and beaches look amazing.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Love the obvious things like nice beaches and great food but after a place with a little more character and lower key then some of the high rise places i have seen in pictures.
Was considering comporta but was worried we may get a little bored with only a handful of restaurants the main town didn't look overly appealing.
Other places we have been previously and loved include rapallo and other towns on the Italian riviera, Taormina sicily and the Dalmatian islands croatia.
thanks a lot,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which city order makes most sense?
- 2 Tuscany car rental and accommodations
- 3 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 4 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 5 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 6 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 7 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 8 Valencia, Spain
- 9 Restaurants in Spain
- 10 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 11 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 12 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 13 credit and debit cards
- 14 Transportation Question Italy
- 15 Help with basic itinerary
- 16 Short Trip to Paris
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 18 Greece and Italy Combo
- 19 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 20 Final Four
- 21 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 22 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 23 Where are the Mods?
- 24 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 25 England + France 12-day itinerary