my wife and I are heading to portugal next year and planning on spending 4 nights in Lisbon and then 4 in another town/village on the water.
I've read that parts of the algarve can be similar to the costa del sol which is certainly what we are not after. But then other photos I see the scenery and beaches look amazing.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Love the obvious things like nice beaches and great food but after a place with a little more character and lower key then some of the high rise places i have seen in pictures.
Was considering comporta but was worried we may get a little bored with only a handful of restaurants the main town didn't look overly appealing.
Other places we have been previously and loved include rapallo and other towns on the Italian riviera, Taormina sicily and the Dalmatian islands croatia.
thanks a lot,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 3 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 4 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 5 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 6 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 8 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 9 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 10 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 11 Germany family road trip help!
- 12 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 Santorini lodging
- 14 Barcelona
- 15 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 16 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 17 Prague
- 18 Ischia
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Spain and South of France
- 21 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 22 Overnight at Heathrow
- 23 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 24 France, UK and Ireland
- 25 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?