my wife and I are heading to portugal next year and planning on spending 4 nights in Lisbon and then 4 in another town/village on the water.
I've read that parts of the algarve can be similar to the costa del sol which is certainly what we are not after. But then other photos I see the scenery and beaches look amazing.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Love the obvious things like nice beaches and great food but after a place with a little more character and lower key then some of the high rise places i have seen in pictures.
Was considering comporta but was worried we may get a little bored with only a handful of restaurants the main town didn't look overly appealing.
Other places we have been previously and loved include rapallo and other towns on the Italian riviera, Taormina sicily and the Dalmatian islands croatia.
thanks a lot,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vatican tour
- 2 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 3 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 4 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 5 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 6 Couscous
- 7 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 8 Lisbon
- 9 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 12 Italian lake cruise
- 13 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 14 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 15 Tuscany Itinerary
- 16 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 17 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 18 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 19 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 20 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 21 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 22 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 London in Winter Report
- 25 driving from London to Lourdes