my wife and I are heading to portugal next year and planning on spending 4 nights in Lisbon and then 4 in another town/village on the water.
I've read that parts of the algarve can be similar to the costa del sol which is certainly what we are not after. But then other photos I see the scenery and beaches look amazing.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Love the obvious things like nice beaches and great food but after a place with a little more character and lower key then some of the high rise places i have seen in pictures.
Was considering comporta but was worried we may get a little bored with only a handful of restaurants the main town didn't look overly appealing.
Other places we have been previously and loved include rapallo and other towns on the Italian riviera, Taormina sicily and the Dalmatian islands croatia.
thanks a lot,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 피망맞고 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 4 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 7 Tracking the Weather
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 Where to eat in Rome?
- 10 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Italy travel plan help
- 13 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 14 Thinking about the Fjords
- 15 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 18 Alsace to Austria?
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Budapest language lessons
- 21 Tours in Wales
- 22 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 23 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 barcelona neighborhood