I'm new here, and to the world of european travel so bear with me please
I'm spending the year abroad in spain working but turns out I've got 3 weeks christmas holidays sooo of course I'll be taking advantage and travelling around.
Of course I'm open to some "going with the flow" but I'd like to have some type of general idea of of itinerary so as to avoid unnecessary travel time zigzagging back and forth.
Now this is where I'm stuck. I know I'd like to spend some time in the UK as I really want to visit Scotland and I have friends in London. I've also heard there are really nice Christmas markets in Berlin, Amsterdam and other cities in that general area. I figured then that maybe I could spend the first half of the trip touring around cities in that general area of europe and then after christmas head over for the second half (which would include New years) travelling in the UK.
Two questions: does this sound reasonable?
Can anyone suggest any cities/towns that are absolute musts to visit?
And of course, if anyone were to go so far as to suggest an general itinerary of cities they'Ve done in the past I wouldn't complain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 Italy in 11 Days
- 3 French election
- 4 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 5 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 6 Things to do in Montpellier
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Trip to Rome
- 10 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 11 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 12 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 13 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 14 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 15 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 16 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 17 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 18 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 19 3 week trip with children
- 20 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 21 dinner jackets
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 24 What is a good chip and pin card that works in Europe?
- 25 test
need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)