I'm new here, and to the world of european travel so bear with me please
I'm spending the year abroad in spain working but turns out I've got 3 weeks christmas holidays sooo of course I'll be taking advantage and travelling around.
Of course I'm open to some "going with the flow" but I'd like to have some type of general idea of of itinerary so as to avoid unnecessary travel time zigzagging back and forth.
Now this is where I'm stuck. I know I'd like to spend some time in the UK as I really want to visit Scotland and I have friends in London. I've also heard there are really nice Christmas markets in Berlin, Amsterdam and other cities in that general area. I figured then that maybe I could spend the first half of the trip touring around cities in that general area of europe and then after christmas head over for the second half (which would include New years) travelling in the UK.
Two questions: does this sound reasonable?
Can anyone suggest any cities/towns that are absolute musts to visit?
And of course, if anyone were to go so far as to suggest an general itinerary of cities they'Ve done in the past I wouldn't complain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 4 base in brussels
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 6 Rome or Venice first
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 Berlin
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 13 One free day in Barcelona
- 14 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 15 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 16 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 17 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 19 Lille Braderie 2017
- 20 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 21 Apartment Montreux area
- 22 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 23 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Please help with hotels in Seville
need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)