I'm new here, and to the world of european travel so bear with me please
I'm spending the year abroad in spain working but turns out I've got 3 weeks christmas holidays sooo of course I'll be taking advantage and travelling around.
Of course I'm open to some "going with the flow" but I'd like to have some type of general idea of of itinerary so as to avoid unnecessary travel time zigzagging back and forth.
Now this is where I'm stuck. I know I'd like to spend some time in the UK as I really want to visit Scotland and I have friends in London. I've also heard there are really nice Christmas markets in Berlin, Amsterdam and other cities in that general area. I figured then that maybe I could spend the first half of the trip touring around cities in that general area of europe and then after christmas head over for the second half (which would include New years) travelling in the UK.
Two questions: does this sound reasonable?
Can anyone suggest any cities/towns that are absolute musts to visit?
And of course, if anyone were to go so far as to suggest an general itinerary of cities they'Ve done in the past I wouldn't complain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 5 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 6 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 Germany-Car or Train
- 17 Night Bus?
- 18 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 22 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 23 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 24 Short time in Vienna
- 25 Jewish Vienna
need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)