I'm new here, and to the world of european travel so bear with me please
I'm spending the year abroad in spain working but turns out I've got 3 weeks christmas holidays sooo of course I'll be taking advantage and travelling around.
Of course I'm open to some "going with the flow" but I'd like to have some type of general idea of of itinerary so as to avoid unnecessary travel time zigzagging back and forth.
Now this is where I'm stuck. I know I'd like to spend some time in the UK as I really want to visit Scotland and I have friends in London. I've also heard there are really nice Christmas markets in Berlin, Amsterdam and other cities in that general area. I figured then that maybe I could spend the first half of the trip touring around cities in that general area of europe and then after christmas head over for the second half (which would include New years) travelling in the UK.
Two questions: does this sound reasonable?
Can anyone suggest any cities/towns that are absolute musts to visit?
And of course, if anyone were to go so far as to suggest an general itinerary of cities they'Ve done in the past I wouldn't complain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 House Hunting in France
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Tour of Northern Italy
- 4 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 5 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 6 Cognac transportation?
- 7 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 8 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 9 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 10 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 13 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 14 Granada to Madrid
- 15 San Sebastian
- 16 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 17 Hotel in Vienna
- 18 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 20 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 21 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 22 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 23 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 24 Where to buy Saffron?
- 25 Barcelona cooking classes
need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)