I hope I can get some ideas from the seasoned travellers here.
We are going to Nice at the end of June for a business conference, along with a 3year old and 10 month old. We are going to make a vacation of it, and stay an entire week, though the conference is only a day or two.
We were thinking of staying in Nice for the entire 8 days, or maybe skipping to another place, but need ideas. Hear that Monte Carlo is something to see, but probably not a place to spend too much time ( especially with children!).
We like to stay in more upscale places, and would really love a suite/ timeshare/ vacation rental situation. The extra room would be helpful with the kids.
We are not ones to lie on the beach, but prefer culture and history. We are also major foodies!
I am also wondering about car seats and strollers. Pretty heavy stuff to take there- can we rent once we are there?
I know we are probably nuts to do this, but my daughter is turning 3 on the trip, and we thought this would be a special memory for her.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 4 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 5 Sentimental Journey
- 6 A few last minute questions
- 7 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 8 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 9 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 10 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 11 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 12 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 13 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 14 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 15 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 18 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 19 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 20 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 21 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 24 Antwerp Tram
- 25 Trip report European honeymoon
Need help! Travel to Nice with 2 small kids and no idea what to do!