I hope I can get some ideas from the seasoned travellers here.
We are going to Nice at the end of June for a business conference, along with a 3year old and 10 month old. We are going to make a vacation of it, and stay an entire week, though the conference is only a day or two.
We were thinking of staying in Nice for the entire 8 days, or maybe skipping to another place, but need ideas. Hear that Monte Carlo is something to see, but probably not a place to spend too much time ( especially with children!).
We like to stay in more upscale places, and would really love a suite/ timeshare/ vacation rental situation. The extra room would be helpful with the kids.
We are not ones to lie on the beach, but prefer culture and history. We are also major foodies!
I am also wondering about car seats and strollers. Pretty heavy stuff to take there- can we rent once we are there?
I know we are probably nuts to do this, but my daughter is turning 3 on the trip, and we thought this would be a special memory for her.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Need help! Travel to Nice with 2 small kids and no idea what to do!
- 1 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 2 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 3 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 4 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 5 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 6 Portugal in September
- 7 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 8 Sicily 10 days
- 9 Europe with young teens
- 10 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 11 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 16 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 20 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 21 First time traveler to Ireland
- 22 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 25 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome