I am trying to work out an itinerary, and by the look of Italian rail connections, I think I am doing a bit of zig zagging/backward trekking with my current plan. Please let me know what you think:
Starting out Rome > then train to Cinque Terre (via La Spezia, approx 4.5 hrs)
> then train from Cinque Terre to Venice (Via Milan, approx 6 hours, only 30 mins faster via Bologna)
> then train from Venice to Lucerne (via Milan - this leg is a killer, very long. However there are no flights from Venice to Lucerne)
Any suggestions to reduce the travel time? Also happy to be flexible with potential stop overs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Moscow Favorites
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 5 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 6 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 7 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 8 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 9 Bordeaux to Moscow
- 10 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 11 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 12 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 13 Airport Transit Visa
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 15 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 16 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 17 Italian lake cruise
- 18 Paris advice with kids
- 19 First visit to London
- 20 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 21 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 22 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 23 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 24 Travelling Iceland
- 25 Tuscany Itinerary