I am trying to work out an itinerary, and by the look of Italian rail connections, I think I am doing a bit of zig zagging/backward trekking with my current plan. Please let me know what you think:
Starting out Rome > then train to Cinque Terre (via La Spezia, approx 4.5 hrs)
> then train from Cinque Terre to Venice (Via Milan, approx 6 hours, only 30 mins faster via Bologna)
> then train from Venice to Lucerne (via Milan - this leg is a killer, very long. However there are no flights from Venice to Lucerne)
Any suggestions to reduce the travel time? Also happy to be flexible with potential stop overs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 base for Andalucia
- 2 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 3 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 4 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 9 4 nights in Sardinia
- 10 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 11 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 12 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 13 "Too Much Cows"
- 14 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 15 Matera tour guide wanted
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 18 Moscow, Russia shopping
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 21 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 22 Service dog
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 25 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life