I am trying to work out an itinerary, and by the look of Italian rail connections, I think I am doing a bit of zig zagging/backward trekking with my current plan. Please let me know what you think:
Starting out Rome > then train to Cinque Terre (via La Spezia, approx 4.5 hrs)
> then train from Cinque Terre to Venice (Via Milan, approx 6 hours, only 30 mins faster via Bologna)
> then train from Venice to Lucerne (via Milan - this leg is a killer, very long. However there are no flights from Venice to Lucerne)
Any suggestions to reduce the travel time? Also happy to be flexible with potential stop overs.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 3 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 6 Perugia
- 7 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 8 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 9 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 10 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 11 Ronda Wine/biking
- 12 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 15 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 16 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 17 Andalucia itinerary help
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 20 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 21 Day trips from Florence
- 22 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 23 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 24 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city